Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Aberdonians to the forum please – travel advice for tomorrow (snow/traffic)
  • beamers

Morning all

I’m travelling from Dundee to Inverurie tomorrow morning.

2 route options as I see it – A90/A96 with traffic and a bit of snow, or cross country via Peterculter with less traffic and more snow (potentially).

What say the hive mind?

Ta in advance

scotsman
    Free Member

Train, you can get a direct one from Dundee to Inverurie and plenty taxis at Inverurie station.
    You really don’t want to be on the A90 if there is snow on it, queues of traffic back to Stoney possible.

And via Peterculter will just be as bad if there is snow.

beamers

Train not an option, sadly, as I am travelling about all over the place viewing houses (5) to rent. This could end up being a disaster me thinks.

scotsman
    Free Member

Old military road via Fettercairn if the snow gates are open and you have a 4X4 with winter tyres on and you are feeling brave.
    If you have to drive leave early enough and go via Peterculter if you think the road is passable, if not all the way to Anderson Drive across town and out the A96, give yourself plenty time as Anderson drive A96 to Dyce will be busy, once past dyce you will be ok.
    I am out past Alford but overseas at the mo so can’t tell what the weathers like!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Go via peterculter – westhill – blackburn unless its seriously bad i did te bad winter of 09 commuting from achebblae to dyce and never once couldnt get over that road

Forget the fettercairn banchory road unless your feeling retarded there is no need.

If you have to go over north anderson drive try to hit bridge of dee at 10 am or after itll still take an hour to cross town.

If its as forecast be prepared to queue or get up early . Be at bridge of dee before 7 ! Or itll be queued back to bridge o muchalls

beamers

Cheers Scotsman, much appreciated.

duckman

Snow gates are shut at Fettercairn over the Cairn o mount. It is also snowing there now,(I live there) so not getting better. T-R has the route you want,as he says timing is everything for hitting Aberdeen.

bruneep

achebblae

where?

yes what time off day are you planning this?

Train and taxis would be my answer.

snowing now.

trail_rat
    Free Member

you live in fettery duckman ?

i used to live in drumtochty glen just up from the foot of the COM

FYI its snowing a maddy in dyce now

duckman

Just outside T-R, at the turn off for Mossbank breakers.

EdwardH

Nooooo, just got bumped because of high winds out here on the rig, please no snow for tomorrow. They stopped flying last week because of snow…… 😥

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

forecast is worse for tomorrow

beamers

Need to be at Inverurie for 1015.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ah so youll be leaving dundee at 6 am and going for a coffee IF you get there early.

beamers

Yep, planning on leaving by no later than 7 and using your route above.

bruneep

good luck and take a flask.

benz
    Free Member

Not too far from Inverurie and it’s very wintery at the moment.

Put it off.

trail_rat
    Free Member

By all accounts out inverurie way its bad but culter and stonehaven arent so id be over the netherley road like a shot to maryculter

Smudger666

You’ve probably set off by now but this is a good resource for future ref……

Traffic cameras

The map view is a bit clunky, and if there is an incident, they take the feed offline, but handy nonetheless.

bruneep

Stuck at bridge of dee by now I reckon

beamers

Made it in good time. The only delay was a wide load taking up both lanes for 20 miles North of Dundee. Thanks to all for your help.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Aberdonians to the forum please – travel advice for tomorrow (snow/traffic)’ is closed to new replies.