Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • A walk around Stainburn trails
  • trout
    Free Member

Was raining cats n dogs today and I was coming past the stainburn trails
    so stopped off to walk the pooch around and took a few piccies

Stainburn piccies

first ones are the red route but only took a few as the rain was very iffy so took a few more when I got in the trees on the Black route

cnud
    Free Member

That looks great fun…in the dry! Not sure my skills are up to tackling that in the wet though. Must arrange a visit, do you mind if I link to your piccies to show my riding buds?

lank45
    Free Member

I told three different people to go there, based on the fact it’s so bloomin great. Everyone of them fell off, to be fair one was in the car park.

Sorry cnud, I’d tell you to go but you’d only go and break an arm!

trout
    Free Member

Cnud feel free to link away the more the merrier

Been a trail digger there nearly a year now and not yet rode it ( sorry attempted to ride it ) had difficulties walking it today

emmodd
    Free Member

Went last Friday for 4th or 5th time and love it. Red route and dh is entertaining but the black route is simply great.

Brianblessed
    Free Member

stainburn rocks ! so far 3 broken ribs, 1 broken hand, 2 broken knuckles and loads of cuts n bruises yet i still keep going back for more !

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Not been over for ages but I love Stainburn. Some of the best built trails I’ve ever ridden.
    Gets pretty spicy in the wet…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Those rocks and slabs look bloody slippy! 😯

trout
    Free Member

Those rocks and slabs look bloody slippy!

Actually surprisingly grippy int wellies bloody dark in there though

smudge
    Free Member

Next time i’m up were going there 8) .. not walking either!
    How far from you Troutie?

trout
    Free Member

25 mins drive
    when is next time ??? I am game

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We’ve almost finished reclaiming the Warren Boulder Trail. It’s nearly been swept completely from top to bottom, clearing 6 years of mulch off the trail has returned it to it’s double Black status and the hardest FC trail in the UK. It’s almost all back to how it would have been originally. Some features had almost been completely lost, but we’ve put loads of logs down in places to force people to ride the proper line. Other features had become a bit tame with the rocks buried, not anymore though.

duffle
    Free Member

Ooooooh that sounds like a challenge!! 😈
    I haven’t been for a couple of months but it is V enjoyable

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Tuesdays and Friday nights, a bunch of us have been clearing it for a few weeks now. I think some sections will get further TLC on our official dig days, but it’s the worst wheelbarrow push in the world with aggregate (one of the reasons why they used so much rock on the original build, there’s loads of it lying around).

emmodd
    Free Member

The logs made me MTFU I must confess. Good work peeps.

robhenry85
    Free Member

looks like fun that.

just checked and i’m only 30min drive away, will have to go down there soon.

may even go in the morning, is it safe to go on your own? or will i die?

wildheart
    Free Member

Rode there on Sunday and really noticed the clean-up.Nice job! I noticed some yellow arrows over some of the rock features as a guide to line choices,after 2yrs riding at Stainburn they really helped the flow of the place.Still my favourite tech trail and lucky to have it on my doorstep 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouys parents live over the hill, I’m a very lucky bouy.

tony_m
    Free Member

What paws for Stainburn? 😀

stumpy01

Holy Cow! I’ve been once to Stainburn and it was great, but I am not sure I fancy riding it in the wet. We minced around most of it, as it was!!!

tomhoward

Off up on Sunday if folks want to come and ride/watch me mince round?

Mugboo

Rode it last Monday night, warmed up on the Black in the gloom!

It was lovely and dry and once again back to its original rocky, scarefest! Still can’t bring myself to ride Hovis corner or the seesaw…

Cheers chaps 😀

robhenry85
    Free Member

right, i’m going late morning for a few hours mincing.

if you see me on a raw canyon come and say hi 😀

trout
    Free Member

Here is how the trails fit in the woods

I did want to do a sort of picture location thingy with the gps track
    but lack of knowledge on how to kyboshed that plan

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Need to get up there again ASAP. Only live in Halifax but its such a pain in the arse to get there from here. Do need to have a good day sessioning stuff – looks like loads has been done since I was last there.

Whats the state of Norwood at the moment?

hrcmonty
    Free Member

I love Stainburn, and i can just nip down in my Dinner hour, for a cheeky blast.

Black route is certainly one to put a smile on your face. I do wish though, Chicken wire was put on the Wood sections! Even in the dry, my head is telling me it’s slippy!

Please put chicken wire on, i’ll come help put it on!

lowey

Tasty. Verrrry tasty.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Might have been last time we were there, a guy on a Ransom hit the first bit of woodwork (the flowing one that drops down to the right and into a rock garden) and couldn’t slow down – just got faster and faster until he hit a tree at the end. Sounded like someone punching a pillow when he hit is and slid to the floor. It was great to watch…

Mugboo

He mustn’t have put the Ransom in Traction mode 😉

No chicken wire allowed due to the stupid world we all live in. It’s much safer to slide off than the remote chance you might catch yourself on some ripped chicken mesh..

alex222
    Free Member

what about the loop over the road. is that riding again? was also good great vie of menwith hill and the wind farm. slightly more ‘natural’ but last time I went about 3 years since the forest works had ruined a lot of the trail

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah over the road is ridable, there are some nice long blasts available if you keep your eyes open, swoopy singletrack into the pine woods. Up over the rocks at little armscliffe there are some techie singletrack routes, bit hard going in places, a bit trials like, but properly good fun, then blast all the way over the top and down the steep bit back to the gate at the bottom, cross the road and back into the Stainburn area..

Neat, very neat indeed.

Shandy
    Free Member

Really great spot, only 20 minutes ride from my in-laws. The last time I was doing the descent line down the right hand side, and coming back up the road, it makes for a good bit of fitness training. I’m really looking forward to going back when the stuff over the road is dried out – it was a swamp over the Winter.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I do wish though, Chicken wire was put on the Wood sections! Even in the dry, my head is telling me it’s slippy!

Please put chicken wire on, i’ll come help put it on!
    Just a minute! we put a load of new decking down impregnated with a sand/resin mix and on last inspection it’s still super grippy (I walked down the cole shute on Tues night).
    It’s been on the cole shute and the big north shore for a couple of years, I think it’s all in your head monty.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘A walk around Stainburn trails’ is closed to new replies.