Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • A shed thread :)
  • Alex

Mainly because I’ve spent the last five hours giving mine its annual deep clean. From which I harvested 6 pairs of brake pads and two valves. Which was good. And a thousand cobwebs and most of last winters mud which was not so good.

Bikes back in

It’s 10 years old now and next year I’ll need to replace some of the plasterboard and sort the felt on the roof. It’s really only missing a fridge but that might be a good thing…

Let’s get some shed-action on here then!

jamesthorn50

nice! looks good!, i’m currently in the process of whitewashing walls and floor of my garage to keep things a bit less dusty. can i post garage pics here, or is it purely sheds? if so i’ll give you some before’s and in about 2 months time when i manage to finish it i can post the afters 🙂

croe
    Free Member

That looks more habitable than some accommodation I’ve seen for rent.

Alex

Garage/Shed/falling down outbuilding. All welcome. We’d a broad church. You won’t find a ideologue shed-ist here!

Couple more.

The pack rack

The tyre wall

The lube shelf

I’d not want to sleep it it 😉 Only needs a 1.5 kw convection heater to warm it up even in winter. Pretty well insulated.

I do have too much stuff tho. Just can’t bear to throw any of it away. Including 26 inch tyres!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Err after seeing yours no, I don’t think I will be posting pics of my rat’s nest 😭

Alex

It doesn’t stay like that for long… It makes my teeth itch tho if it’s really untidy.

phil5556

Yeah fine I’m jealous. We have a garage, it’s a large single but it’s not big enough and ends up a total mess. I have large shed aspirations but time/money might see that not happening again this year.

funkmasterp

That’s bigger and beater than my house. Looks great

Alex

When we bought the house, the slab was already there. Local company built the shed, me and a load of mates did all the insulation and finishing. And painting it. Which I seem to spend a lot of time doing.

At one point there was a discussion about putting the lawn mower in there. That felt like the thin end of the wedge!

rOcKeTdOg

Mine got to this stage in April. 12×10 footprint, since lost motivation
    2019-08-03_03-53-13

mercuryrev

Excellent shed and perfect timing, as I’m just about to start work on creating a bike workshop, come pain cave.

What size is it?

Alex

The shed is twice the size of the pics. The other side used to be my home office. It’s now a general store for even more crap, and my turbo setup.

I think it’s 7m by about 4m. or maybe 5m.

@rocketdog
    – that’s almost finished!

gaidong
    Free Member

Nice timing. We move house in a few weeks and for the first time ever I’ll have a bit of space to call my own. It was originally a 9 x 2.6 m double garage but an unfinished office conversion (which I also get!!!) means I have 5.8 x 2.6 m as workshop space. First job is to block off and armour the overhead sliding door. Then on I have a long list of woodworky things to do, for which I am massively unqualified as evidenced by me half-sectioning my left index a month ago (pix on request). I need to get ten bikes in the garage, one of them a tandem…

bigyim
    Free Member

I dream of a lube shelf….
    I’ve just got a 12×8 workshop shed off eBay so I’m looking for bike shed inspiration and storage ideas.

My father in law always keeps his screws and oddments in old coffee and jam jars. Screws the lids to the underside of a shelf and screws the jar onto the lid. Always thought that was a good idea

singlespeedstu

Needs more bikes and bike tat up to the roof.😖
    Where’s the 26″ tyre pile, V brakes, square taper BB’s, 46T chainrings, 7 speed mechs?😚

Alex

The roof is full of RC gliders. And when I say full, we are talking no rafters free. I think there’s about 12. Been a few years since I flew them, but they’ll be out again at some point.

Normally I’d have the RipMo on the wall as well. But it was being fettled for riding tomorrow. I have some 26inch tyres buttressing the back of the tyre wall. They are hidden behind the 27.5×2.8s 🙂

Mechs are in a different drawer. 9 Speed is the oldest and BBs are all latest Shimano other than a couple of those pointless RF 30mm I seem to have acquired.

More bikes tho… yeah I’ve been rationalising. I mean three MTBs and one Gravel-y thing is a bit of a poor effort. Quite glad I don’t have a tandem tho. No idea how you’d store one of those. Other than ‘annoyingly in the way’.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Sorry OP, that’s just not healthy. For some balance:

26″ tyre pile hanging up in the corner…

Alex

That’s like my mate Matt’s garage. I want to go in there and tidy it up. But he’d never find anything. That second picture has me reaching for the matches 🙂

Alex

And give the exterior a lick of paint man. We’re not savages!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

if it’s too smart someone might think it’s worth pulling the door open breaking into 🙂

Alex

Anyone with a ounce of kindness would clean it up a bit rather than steal anything 🙂

russyh
    Free Member

Mines been used as a builders years for the last 6 months!   But luckily I now have proper access again, so tomorrow after riding she’s getting properly mucked out!

timberriman

Did you find my wheel?

Alex

Yeah I did. It’s in the other side. It was making the bike shed bit look a bit messy 🙂 I also found both your helmets and dry bags!

timberriman

Ah. Bugger. Well, another trip up then. Think I left my ripmo up there as well…

Alex

🙂 You can leave with your stuff and the turbo. The RipMo is only leaving wrenched from my cold and dead hands!

miketually
    Free Member

We knocked our garage down a couple of months ago, so my tools and spares are in my brother-in-law’s garage at the moment. Once everything else is done, I’m getting a ~3m x ~4m bike workshop/whatever room of my own, built from the ground-up. I’ll be stealing some ideas from this thread.

Alex

Mines been an evolution. I’m toying with removing the partition (behind the bench) and having a single massive workshop with a couple of floor-to-ceiling workshop stands and a bench I can walk around.

This seems a brilliant idea in the pub. Sober however, I’m not quite so sure!

jamesoz

garage of doom

Garage of doom

I do hope this works my internet skills are on a par with my garage tidying skills

I give up

Lummox

Unless you do this you’ve wasted an opportunity

Alex

Thanks for sharing that.

That’s an inspiring video. I wish I had the space for all the bins. But I’m definitely getting some of those hold-anythings for the wall. And I might invest in a label maker!

nickc

Shed envy’s a terrible thing

Alex

I dunno, it’s pretty low down on the sin scale 🙂 Coveting another mans shed is not much of a crime. Deliberately replacing a tool IN THE WRONG SPOT. Well that’s just pure evil!

Pz_Steve

OP, you’ve got too much stuff!! And living on father-in-law’s farm, that’s from someone who’s coming to terms with the concept of “we can’t throw that out, it might come in useful one day”. One margarine tube? Granted, could be useful. 500 of the buggers? Not so much.

Our shed count is as follows:

Big barn: Upstairs – 859 unused chitting trays (and a large hole in the roof). Downstairs – about 20 years’ worth of rubbish, accumulating pending there being enough to drag to the top field to burn.

Small barn: See “downstairs”, above

Freezer shed: 1 x freezer (not working). 1 x tumble drier (not working). Approx 250 mugs, cups, and assorted crockery (not used, but “may come in useful”). Sundry bits of wood just wanting chopping up and they’ll be top-grade firewood. Or maybe not.

Woodwork workshop: 17 assorted armchairs (at least 50 years old and in desperate need of reupholstering (or burning – see above)), several hundred electric fence posts, several dozen floor tiles, no actual wood-word materials.

Bike shed: 3 bins of horse food. Half a jungle of ivy (chopped off at the roots, but still growing through the roof), 8 bikes, a tool wall and one fewer window than there should be.

Fancy coming down here and sorting it out??

plus-one

Few years old now but perfect for my needs. You could get in but you’d have to make a lot of noise !!

Alex

Sure. Have you got any matches? 🙂

I do have too much stuff. I really should throw out helmets I never wear anymore. And probably tyres. But you know they might come in useful.

500 margarine tubes tho? I’m not in that league!

Alex

Good use of space there @plusone. Glad to see a fellow ‘shed-ist’ prioritising the importance of organisation 🙂

tetrode
    Free Member

Unless you do this you’ve wasted an opportunity

I swear Seth is some kind of DIY savant. He just knows exactly what to do and how to do it with all those kind of things. I’m not just jealous of his house and garage, I’m jealous of his DIY skills!

cokie

Op, what are the dimensions of your shed?! Looks like a lovely big space.

I’ve got a 7×7′ shed that has to be shared with DIY, gardening & wedding stuff, so space is at a premium. I dream of the day I get a garage or a large shed.

willard

My shed is in two parts. The first is wood storage with winter tyres down one side and lawnmower/garden tools down the other. This has a dirt floor and is currently home to my girlfriend’s moped.

The second is concrete floored and is supposed to be for DIY but has, for some unknown reason, been mostly filled with reclaimed old windows and bakery trays by the previous owner of the house. We are in the process of trying to sell off this stuff now and actually re-claim some space. When that happens, I can get in a proper bench and some more tool shelves and get a proper workspace.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘A shed thread :)’ is closed to new replies.