Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • A nice gesture, but I feel a hangover coming on…
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

This afternoon a lovely customer presented me with a bottle of Laphroaig 15 YO single malt, as it near Xmas should I give it away as a present, or drink it?

As I don’t normally drink spirits I feel it may be better appreciated by someone else, but then again how often will I get the chance to enjoy a £60 bottle of whisky?

As you can probably tell from the title I’m erring towards opening it, what would you do?

Cheers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

should I give it away as a present,

I’ll send you the delivery address

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks flashy, but there may be more deserving causes, me being one of them 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You are a swine, sir. Damn your eyes, and damn your briches too! 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Mtfu and crack it open man.

MTFU – half the bottle tonight at least

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Nice with a drop of Coca-cola and some ice.

mactheknife

#
    jockhaggis – Member

Posted 3 minutes ago # Report-Post

WHAT – Coca-Cola with 15 Year Old Laphroaig, put away the wacky backy and go and stand on the naughty step. Jesus 😯

angryratio
    Free Member

you don’t have to drink it all in one sitting…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

mactheknife – Member
    #
    jockhaggis – Member
    Posted 3 minutes ago # Report-Post
    WHAT – Coca-Cola with 15 Year Old Laphroaig, put away the wacky backy and go and stand on the naughty step. Jesus

Lol, but I’m getting more tempted by the minute, no ‘soft water’ in the house though, so it’ll have to be straight.

djglover
    Free Member

I’ve had a chest infection all week, so last night in an attempt to shake it I had Green and Blacks cocoa with an Islay single malt in. It was really really nice, knocked me right out and felt great today.

So there is one suggestion if you don’t like it neat.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I have M(‘d)TFU & cracked it as it seemed rude not to.

I can report the following, my 13 YO daughter doesn’t like it, my wife doesn’t like it, not trying it on the 11 YO daughter, but I know she wouldn’t like it anyway.

All I can say is it is a bit different to the standard Bells etc, its much smother on the palate, but it’s making my tongue burn all the same, & I can’t say I can taste the peat, not that I have ever really eaten peat anyway… 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thing is, flushfart wouldn’t actually have sent you his address. And some of us know why.

Cougar

I can only assume that Haggis’s comment is a joke because that ‘that’s how the English drink whisky’.

Last time I ordered a single malt in a bar in Edinburgh, the barman asked “do you want ice?” I replied, without thinking cos sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my brain, “do you want a slap?” It all went quiet and he looked at me for a moment (whilst I thought ‘damn it, ok mate, where’s my kicking’) then he cracked off laughing, and served it in a Glencairn glass with a small jug of spring water. I felt like I’d just gone through a rite of passage.

Anyway. With a 15yo LP, I’d suggest a drop of water. I’ll not bore you with the reasoning unless you really want, but it should open up quite dramatically. A ‘splash’ is too much, you’re aiming for literally just a single drop in a dram.

Dark-Side

deadlyarcey; give it a rest. The hating on CFH is getting hugely tedious.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Flash (who knows I’m only taking the mick out of him) can stick up for himself. Go and find some other worthy cause. I assure you, he doesn’t need you licking his arse. It’s clean enough.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Now now boys, calm down & be quiet, some of us have a hangover 😉

Cougar, I’ll try it with a drop tonight, I only managed one small glass last night, how much Whisky is in a ‘dram’?

brakes
    Free Member

I put some Caol Ila 12yo in a beef stroganoff recently – good eating!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘A nice gesture, but I feel a hangover coming on…’ is closed to new replies.