• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by IA.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • A bigger screen for an iPhone / Portable monitor?
  • phil5556

Is there such a thing as a portable / 12v monitor that I can use with an iPhone or iPad to watch video on?

In the camper we sometimes watch stuff on an iPad but for winter it would be nice to have a bigger screen. Is such a thing possible without spending crazy money?

I presume I could use an adapter to get HDMI out to go into a monitor. Something maybe 20”, lightweight and slim.

Bonus points for something that I can airplay to. Must be 12v or USB(??) and doesn’t need a battery.

TiRed

Apple hdmi Lightning dongle to small monitor? You can charge and watch at the same time. 12V monitors are available. For airplay you need an Apple TV and they are 240v

phil5556

Cheers, I’ll go searching for a nice light 12v monitor.

I feel like it might be one of those times that I’d be better off “just buying a TV” but I hope I can get something less bulky.

simon_g

I have an external laptop for my monitor, runs on USB-C but has HDMI input too. Mine is this one but lots of choice in 15.6″ or 17″ sizes too. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08CHF1DXX/

Make sure it has speakers, some don’t. Ideal if you want to set up for a movie then pack away in a drawer after. If you want bigger then it’s not a big price gap to the 12v caravan TVs.

Projector worth thinking about too if you can set up a screen (even a sheet hanging up), like https://www.amazon.co.uk/NEBULA-Portable-Projector-High-Contrast-Playtime/dp/B079NZXRWR/

IA

For airplay you can airplay to a Roku stick if you’re both on the same wifi.

Lightning to hdmi dongle works fine tho, or USBC with appropriate dongle from a modern iPad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.