Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d actually look forward to it if I thought LVG just said, “we’re better than them, just go out and beat them and let Martial, Rashford, Mata do what they’re good at…” And CP said “we’ll soak it up and try and hit them on the break.” That could be an entertaining game. Cup finals are usually dire though – and between the two managers, I’m not expecting much entertainment. You never know though, it can’t be any worse than people are expecting. Obviously cheering for underdog while holding nose (Pardew) but would like to see Rashford and Martial let loose too and do well.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I had £6 left in my SkyBet account, so put on a couple of stupid bets.

At least it’ll add a frisson of excitement to the game 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

think we’ll do it in the usual workmanlike, uninspiring fashion, with a flash of inspiration from those two in the second half. Rooney to act as supplier for any goals,

Yes

It has 1-0 written all over it and I think whichever team scores wins

That said Palace have been dire all year and we would beat them 9 ties out of 10. However none of them will be entertaining or goal fests

Hopefully some brilliance from a Man u player rather than a Place counter attack decides it

‘d actually look forward to it if I thought LVG just said, “we’re better than them, just go out and beat them and let Martial, Rashford, Mata do what they’re good at…”

Done worry Jose is on the way to stop us being so workmanlike and add some flair to our team……shudders

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Oh, and if we’re doing predictions. 3-1 to Palace.

binners

Have you put money on that Bongo?

The Scottish Cup has been absolutely blinding, first half! Probably the opposite of what’s coming up after it. End to end stuff with loads of shots on target!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

No. So I will be somewhat peeved if my prediction comes true 😀

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

3-0 Palace Zaha hat trick.

Alain De Pardeux to headbutt LVG

cant wait!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh they’ll be singing Sunshine Over Leith this afternoon. 😀

Nice work Hibs.

binners

Retro style ending there!

seosamh77
    Free Member

After our shambolic semi final, I’m delighted hibs stepped up! great scenes for them!

Rangers, hibsed it! 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Also Arsenal have made their first signing of the summer. Granit! #yeswekhan

seosamh77
    Free Member

check the nick of the goals!! 😆

Rockape63
    Free Member

I still remember the home game against Palace at the Emirates, which was another nail in Arsenals title challenge. They just defended as if their lives depended on it and their one shot went under Cech.

Of course Arsenals tactics on the day were all wrong, playing possession football meant Palace never tried to attack. Utd need to risk losing the ball, which will allow Palace to come out of their half and in turn give United space to attack themselves.

But will LVG work that out?

binners

He’ll write it down to analyse afterwards

theotherjonv

Jeez, what’s wrong with a marching band, Abide with Me and shaking hands with some 3rd tier royal.

GET ON WITH IT!!!!!!!!!

binners

What’s all this nonsense?!!!

We’re not like those frightful Americans!

Junkyard
    Free Member

You is not street innit Blud

Swimming on BBC 2 Let me know when the match starts !

theotherjonv

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-QgnQlgqys[/video]

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Wait….did that poor girl forget to sing the anthem?

binners

It’s a slick operation this. I doubt Beyoncé feels too threatened

sootyandjim
    Free Member

COME ON PALACE!!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I don’t often, ok never, agree with Alan Green, but this time he’s spot on.

“Whoever was responsible for the last 15 minutes, an utter shambles, should go away now and lock themselves in a darkened room.”

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Penalty

(Well, it wasn’t)

hammerite
    Free Member

I was in the car and listening on the radio for the start so didn’t see what was happening and whether whatever it was was a shambles… But Alan Green (who I don’t like much anyway!) was banging on about the final kicking off 5 mins late as if it was the end of the world, does anyone really give a monkeys?

For possibly the first time ever… Come on United!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Bit more ‘action’ than expected but that is because United trying to run through the palace bus , which isn’t working so far. Fellani looking it’s best hope!

binners

Well…. So far, so predictable.

It does indeed look like hair’n’elbows from a set piece is the main threat

Junkyard
    Free Member

No one ever often agrees with alan green

sort of more interesting than I expected and then , at the same time, exactly as expected

Needs a goal tbh from either tem and both had chances

binners

And after the opening ‘performance’ shambles, we now get to see the traditional Wembley site of the best seats in the house sit empty for the first 20 minutes of the second half, while the expensively upholstered corporate arses gracing them disinterestedly meander back from their half time champagne and canapés.

It’s like a metaphor for this country really

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Come on Utd!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Some dickhead said earlier in the thread that it couldn’t be any worse than everyone was expecting. As usual, he was talking out of his arse.

Rockape63
    Free Member

🙄 scrolls back!

Edit : 😀

scaredypants

hair’n’elbows from a set piece

Not a free-flowing skillz seminar, then ?

(If I was a corporate “neutral” I think I might have gone straight to the canapes from kick-off, givent the 2 teams in it this year)

Junkyard
    Free Member

OK red card or a goal..which will be first ?

binners

Extra time and penalties?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Please no…..no one deserves that.

Rockape63
    Free Member

At least Utd are committing players forward which is creating half chances. But it’s seriously difficult to break through a determined fit team like Palace

Ooh hope Rashford hasn’t done ligaments. Andy Carrol will be unpacking his boots.

binners

Hang on a minute. Is VG Really bringing Ashley Young on as a striker?!!!! Again?!!! FFS!!!!!!!! 😯

dirtyrider
    Free Member

8)

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Huh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes extra time and penalties

That rooney is no attacker 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.