Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • 900 lumen P7 torches from DX
  • mollski
    Free Member

anybody use the above?

Liftman

Yes

radoggair
    Free Member

double yes

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

I do sometimes aswell (only when it's dark though)

carlosg
    Free Member

Me I use one too , I fasten it to me helmet at night! 😈

trout
    Free Member

Never used one 😳

fbk
    Free Member

Good luck if you order one. Ordered one beginning of January, dispatched on the 14th according to their website. Still no sign of it here and they've so far ignored all my enquiries 🙁

Not impressed and about to claim a refund on my credit card!

roughneck
    Free Member

Got 3 of them and the bike light from thembike light

mollski
    Free Member

what do you think to them?is there a place in the uk you can order from please? are they bright roughneck how long they last?

Ewan
    Free Member

Yes they're ace. I've got two, used to use one on the head and one on the bars, more than bright enough (even with just one) for full on night riding. I now only use one on the head and a Deal Extreme bike light on the bars. Great quality as well for the price, mine have lasted well over a year without any problems.

gab344
    Free Member

Got the five mode light, with UK charger here:-
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30864
    Took 5 weeks to arrive.
    No problems with it so far, been using on the local trails quite a lot recently. Both button leds on back of the head operate, and the indicator on the charger goes from red to green etc… All works as advertised, 🙂 well pleased for now.

BigJohn

I ordered the 16092 torch (plus helmet mount, charger & 2 batteries) on 20th Jan and it all arrived 2nd feb. £36 all in and its jolly good (as a helmet light to go with my Lumi 3Led light). You can get them from some places in the UK for a lot more money.
    16092 is 5 mode and a nice flood beam, that compliments my Lumi spot.

roughneck
    Free Member

Same as Ewan. Bike light last about 3 hrs and the torch is good for over an hour, just get extra batteries. There as bright as fu'k. you can get the bike light in the uk but they cost £150.

takisawa2

Had two for over a year now. SKU12060 is the one to go for. They're not 900 lumen's, probably about 650. Can be a faff but a cheap way of getting £250's worth of light for £50 or so.
    Ran a Hope HID before.
    A beam comparison below. (Exposure time for the P7 was 0.5sec less so its actually very slightly brighter).

Hope HID:-

DX P7 (SKU12060)

walla24
    Free Member

bought mine from a nice man in the classifieds, its mint, really really bright and good battery light, mega pleased. dont spend more for a brand name!

Northwind

2 of them, they're ace. Only the very best "proper" lights are better, and then not by much. 2 cheap torches is better on the trails than any single proper light, even the wallet-bursting Seca 900. Durable too, and unlimited burn time.

When you look at the Exposure range- Joysticks and Diablos in particular- you realise just what a total ripoff some bike lights are. They're just torches, only they actually have worse functionality than these torches because the batteries aren't easily replacable. They have nice mounts but that's it. Yet people happily spend a packet on them. It's bizarre tbh.

mollski
    Free Member

thanks guys i will order tonight

DickBarton

fbk – I can beat that (but thankfully not my own money) – mate snapped my bar mount so another mate was ordering up a light (the same one Takasawa has (and I have as well)), batteries, charger and mounts. His torch arrived 2 months later, the batteries and mount a further 2 weeks after that, the charger a week after that and we are still waiting on my bar mount. He ordered his at the beginning of October…

Forgot to say, it is a very good light for the price…it might not be as fancy as the really expensive lights with all their smart settings and stuff, but it works very well, gives off a very good light spread and lasts well enough. The one I have, I rarely run it on full power, but I've got 6 batteries so have the potential for about 12hrs riding, changing the battery isn't a hassle and does give you a bit more flexibility in riding times. The lowest flood is fine for road riding and the medium setting is fine for flats and climbing and the high beam is very good for fast downhilling. A very good torch that has proved reliable for the price.

Saying that, the last 3 months I've not used it (but my mates have) as I was lucky enough to be given some new lights which I'm loving!

gazc
    Free Member

yep they're good – do take a while to arrive mind. get the bar mount or some mounting blocks (both on dealextreme) to fit to your bars/helmet easier

Mounty_73

Has anyone ordered from here; http://www.lumilite.co.uk

I know its the same product (at over priced UK prices). But with a UK warranty and no 5 week waiting time.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ok so which p7 torch is the best? I would like to get a good 2 hours out of it without changing the batteries. I have the P7 bike light on the bars I just want to complement it.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Has anyone ordered from here; http://www.lumilite.co.uk

yes, on Friday. Not turned up yet but expecting them imminently. They are half price at the moment – £85 including postage

EDIT when you pay it takes you to a personal PayPal site of the guy who brings them in. I spoke to him on the mobile to check it is kosher. I'm keeping fingers crossed he was telling the truth 😯

z1ppy

Ok so which p7 torch is the best?

There all much of a muchness, with very little between them, though as above I'd recommend a five mode torch over the 2 mode one. The 2 mode torches low setting is useless, but the medium on the 5 is great for road use – still gives enough light to ride by and not blind all on coming drivers.
    So if you buy a 5 mode and use the medium mode on roads and canal tow paths or such like, you easily get 2 hrs out of the battery.

If you do insist though, this would be my recommendation:
    5 Mode P7 LED Torch http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16092
    [EDIT: opps posted the worng one, now changed]

I_Ache
    Free Member

That looks pretty good might go for one of them. keep it on medium for the easy bits and put it on high for the tough stuff.

roughneck
    Free Member

2 mode for me, less to go wrong.For £85 you will get a p7 bike light and a p7 torch and loads of batteries. Just have to wait for 3 weeks.

Mounty_73

EDIT when you pay it takes you to a personal PayPal site of the guy who brings them in. I spoke to him on the mobile to check it is kosher. I'm keeping fingers crossed he was telling the truth

Yes, that was one of my concerns, the site just doesn't feel right…let me know how you get on…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

will give you an update…hopefully soon. They did have a half page ad in MBUK which lends them a bit more credibility…I think 😕

Perhaps I'm being unfair and I'm about to get a good deal on a great light. Fingers crossed

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

I got mine, used it once in the cold -4 and the switch stopped working, never to work again… Its now enjoying its new life in the Bin!!!! If you buy cheap, you buy twice!! RUBBISH wouldnt EVER buy another one. BUT if you like the idea of being stuck in the middle of the woods in the pitch black with no other light, then yeah get one!!

majk

Got the DX bike light, and I'm helmet mounting it with a couple of zip ties. Seems pretty good, yet to use it in anger though.

One question – I can't find the batery packs on the DX website to buy separately. Are they available, or if not how you should build up one from the loose batteries they sell?

TheFopster
    Free Member

Use two torches – one on bars one on helmet. Can't think of a cheaper way of getting so much light, and no reliability issues with mine. Shipping was a little slow but not as bad as many seem to have experienced. Overall I am very happy – can't afford the big name lights and have got same performance at price I could afford.

z1ppy

Bigface0_0 – Member
    I got mine, used it once in the cold -4 and the switch stopped working, never to work again… Its now enjoying its new life in the Bin!!!!

Unlucky, I've had 2 myself since last winter (seen two winters use now), and they all work fine. Have 10 others we bought for different riders and they all still work fine too after 2 years… so don't give us this by cheap buy twice rubbish.
    If you actually bother to invesigate you'd have found they dead easy to dis-assemble and fix any minor issues.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

If you actually bother to invesigate you'd have found they dead easy to dis-assemble and fix any minor issues.

Whats the point, its only money… Got a nice new set of hope vision 2 and 4's now!!! 8)

takisawa2

Bigface0_0…were you using the bike light or a torch ?
    The torches are generally pretty reliable, although I had a 2-mode one fail. Been running a couple of 5-modes now without any problems.

z1ppy

Whats the point, its only money… Got a nice new set of hope vision 2 and 4's now!!!

Umm that's exactly the point isn't it.. ppl are buying these torches because there cheaper than the 'proper' bike lights.
    Yes a Hope Vision 4 is ace, but at 4/5 times the cost of a DX torch, without being 4/5 times better.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

I used the 5 mode one, I did say its rubbish but in fact the beams not to bad I guess. like I said the thing that put me off was it just stoppped working in the middle of no where and I rode back to the car in the pitch black. For me a was really hoping this was going to be a great buy and for some people it is. But once your put off something theirs no going back

takisawa2

Bigface0_0…just out of curiosity, try disassembling & reassembling the tail cap. (A pair of scissors in the two holes & unscrew – all comes apart easy enough). I always carried a back-up, but as you say, being plunged into darkness in the middle of nowhere is verging on dangerous at the least.
    If you've still got it I'd be happy to take a look at it.

pypdjl
    Free Member

They're just torches, only they actually have worse functionality than these torches because the batteries aren't easily replacable. They have nice mounts but that's it. Yet people happily spend a packet on them. It's bizarre tbh.

It's hardly bizarre, a decent helmet mount, light weight and a much longer burn time would explain it. People spend vast amounts on drivetrain components that are near enough identical other than weight, a couple of hundred quid on some decent lights seems reasonable.

joemarshall
    Free Member

It's hardly bizarre, a decent helmet mount, light weight and a much longer burn time would explain it.

Two out of three isn't bad. The diablo actually has the same burn time as the P7 torch (not surprising given it is using very similar technology in a very similar package).

Joe

bedmaker

They're cracking. Here's a photo my mate took of his on the low setting 😉

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

NO WAY thats a P7…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘900 lumen P7 torches from DX’ is closed to new replies.