Home Forums Chat Forum “80% off variable eBay selling fees” – working out the fee?

• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by cp.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • “80% off variable eBay selling fees” – working out the fee?
  • a11y

I’ve only recently ever listed stuff on eBay using the max £1 selling fee offer but haven’t seen one of those in a while.

Was recently given the offer of “Enjoy 80% off variable eBay selling fees” but I’ve not idea what that entails or how it compares to the max £1 fee offer. Has anyone figured out how to easily calculate what the final fee might be on an item if sold using this offer?

Ta.

a11y

Making the thread appear in 3, 2, 1…

andrewh
    Free Member

What’s the normal fee, 10%?
    So 80% off that gives 2%.
    To compare £1 to 2% then 2% is better for items under £50 and worse for items over £50

a11y

I don’t know if it’s as straightforward as that – listing fees, etc too. If that is indeed the case then I’ll do what I’ve been doing and hope another £1 max offer comes along. Saying that I’ve yet to try FB marketplace and really should try for local sales before eBay.

cp

If you search for eBay fee calculators, I found a couple that have been updated with the 80% offer. It applies where you use the eBay managed payments. It works out cheaper than the old “£1 selling fee plus PayPal charges” from a couple of quick checks I did a couple of weeks ago.

bri-72

Think there’s a flat rate 30p final fee and then percentage on top. 80% deal I think only applies to the Variable element.
    As above depends value of item how this compares to the usual fixes £1.
    Wonder if this new approach means the end of the £1 offers?

Dickyboy

I did wonder that, the direct payments to bank seem to work out well though

Dickyboy

Looks like its just become max £3 selling fees

nickjb
    Free Member

Well its £3 max selling fees this weekend but that doesn’t necessarily mean an end to £1 deals. They’ve done £3 offers before and still done the £1 offer

ads678

Bummer, I’ve onnly been offered 50% off variable selling fees…

nickjb
    Free Member

Have you checked in the offers section of selling? They don’t email the deals anymore

cp

They don’t email the deals anymore

Comes via messages in the ebay app for me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘“80% off variable eBay selling fees” – working out the fee?’ is closed to new replies.