Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 661 Evo knee pads – worth the cash?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

My Kyle Strait knee pads are wearing out. I’d happily have them again but if I’m sprinting out of the saddle they can cause me to pedal a bit bandy-legged. Granted that doen’t happen too often on my 6 inch bike. Are the Evo pads a bit “sleaker”? Any experiences – good or bad – of them? Worth the extra dosh?

jam-bo

take a look at the new POC stuff. I’ve just got some of the knee/shins but their VPD knees look pretty nice.

jam-bo

although at this price its a no brainer…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

jam bo, where did you get the POC stuff from?

ozzybmx
    Free Member

I have wore them every ride for the last 8 months , 1000’s of km and many crashes , when/if they ever wear out , i will be buying another set ASAP …. BLOODY AWESOME ! 3 rides in the last 3 days at 20-40km each ride with up to 1300m of climbing. THEY ARE A NO BRAINER !

jam-bo

i got it from genks at the bikechain.

not tried it in anger yet but impressed with the quality. free crank bros multitool as well.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Cheers Jam bo. Ordered some EVO pads. You’re right, at that price it would be silly not to. I just hope the sizing is the same as the Kyle Straits.

Now, anyone seen any bargain price Evo shin pads??

toons
    Free Member

the bike chain website is crap.

Rickos
    Free Member

So pick up the phone instead then.

Gordymac
    Free Member

Im toying with the Evo pads as well at the moment but im getting drawn to the Poc pads for some reason, but at that price the Evos might be hard to resist!

psychle
    Free Member

woohoo, just bought a set of Evo’s for £40… bargain (I’ve been wanting a pair for ages 😀 ) Thanks for the link jam bo!

psychle
    Free Member

those POC ones do look nice though… something about them. maybe I’ll get them for me elbows just to be different 😀

jam-bo

just been out for a ride with my new Bone VPD POC’s, impressed so far but I didn’t crash so its hard to tell.

they are really comfy on the bike and pedalling because of the way the knee section works. pushing back up they arent so comfy but I reckon they’ll soften up and bed in a bit.

a little concerned that they’ll spin in a crash like the old dianese used to but we’ll see.

CheesybeanZ

Jam Bo
    thanks for the link , Evo`s ordered 🙂

giantjason
    Free Member

does anyone know how the sizing of Evo compare to RaceFace stuff.

I have large Race face knee and shin pads but wouldnt mind some knee ones for more XC orientated stuff

garethl13
    Free Member

I can’t get the EVO pads link to work? They are not coming up and I want a pair of these – anyone help?

hugorune

Thank you for shopping with Freestylextreme.

We apologize for the delay in delivering your order. Unfortunately the following items are temporarily out of stock and had to be re-ordered:

661 Evo Adult Knee

Balls – did anyone else actually get them?

gamo
    Free Member

I got the same email, phoned them and they said 2-3 day delay not the end of the world especially at the price.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Sorry, I muust have got the last pair 🙂 Thanks also for the link jam bo

psychle
    Free Member

I got the same email from Freestylextreme. Not in a huge rush for them, hopefully they come through in the next week or so… too good a price to pass up and I’m happy to wait a little 😀

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I got mine OK, turned up this morning. Bedding them in whilst sat at my PC (sad, I know!). First impressions are that they are not as cool looking as the Kyle Straits and don’t seem to articulate as well. That said, I am sat in a chair and not actually riding yet!! Less bulky for packing in my bike bag for the SPain trip tho’

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘661 Evo knee pads – worth the cash?’ is closed to new replies.