Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 871 total)
  • 6 Nations
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, it's time to let it go. Mop up the tears in your sporran. You lost! 😉

I still reckon the Scots have it in them to beat England or Ireland. I really do.

anagallis_arvensis

I'm not sure about this kicking into touch, I think the ref would have blown a pen had they deliberately kicked to touch, like deliberately throwing the ball out of play, we need a ref to confirm. Its certainly aginst the spirit of the laws. Would have been entertaining watching 1/2p kick for goal from 1/2 way

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good point, AA. Deliberatly putting the ball out of play is a penalty. From then, a tap and go, drive on downfield before Adam Jones dropped a goal from outside the 22, surely? 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dunno about Ireland – England for sure.

Are wales the comeback kids?

As I say there is precedent for putting the kickoff into touch and the game ending. Blair was going for the win hence the high risk kick

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Blair was going for the win

😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

and a bit more

😆

13 against 15, with a resurgent Wales having all the game, and you really think there was any even slightly remote possibility of a Scottish win?

Time to let it go, TJ, really. Get over it. You lost.

IdleJon

I agree with Duckman in that Davies was a shadow of himself when he returned to Union, but he was a legend in both codes well before that. It says something that League regards him so highly as well….I couldn't stand him for years, but that was because he was a Turk, and I was young…..

TJ, the Scots fitness dropped off dramatically in the last 10-15 minutes, possibly because of the men sent off. The defence for Shane's last try was completely shoddy even for 13 men.

CFH, obviously France will be huge favourites for the Cardiff game, but I seriously don't think they'll be able to reproduce that form, especially as they'll be away from home.

duckman – Member
    Still,a Scotland team that is still very much a work in progress showed just how much of one Wales are.

Load of crap – Scotland aren't complete, but they've haven't got much else they can do. They've used pretty all their players, got a decent coach, etc, etc. If you use the phrase 'work in progress' that applies to every team this year, bar perhaps Ireland. Scotland are playing at the level you'd expect of that team with those players.

I could just as easily say that Wales won playing badly which shows just how poor the Scottish team is.

MussEd
    Free Member

I'm not sure about this kicking into touch, I think the ref would have blown a pen had they deliberately kicked to touch, like deliberately throwing the ball out of play, we need a ref to confirm.

Nah, would have been scrum to Wales or kick again. Different from handling in straight into touch. After all, did Jones not spend most of the match kicking it deliberately into touch, as his team were toiling?

BTW just saw replay of Godman incident for first time. Think Byrne went down like a Prem footballer{well he has got the fake tan and haircut} with no contact.

AA and CFH can crow all they like but no other team in this championship would crumble like that against a distinctly average Wales team. And most refs would wilt under pressure from that Cardiff crowd, but that clown's interpretations of the scrum rules, and the Godman incident was a joke. Wales ar sh1te but won. Well done, now let's watch this game and shut up about fricking Wales…

anagallis_arvensis

AA and CFH can crow all they like

I'm not crowing, wales were **** beyond shite.

Nah, would have been scrum to Wales or kick again. Different from handling in straight into touch. After all, did Jones not spend most of the match kicking it deliberately into touch, as his team were toiling?

Its not the same though is it, kick it straight out its an option to the defenders kick again, scrum on halfway or lineout.

Whatever is the case its true to say Scotland shouldnt have dollyed the ball down the middle to Lee Byrne.

anagallis_arvensis

having watched the second half agin, couldnt stomach the first, the ref did say one last play to the scotland kicker so I think he wouldnt have accepted a boot to touch. Clancy is a **** clown though so who knows.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

13 against 15, with a resurgent Wales having all the game, and you really think there was any even slightly remote possibility of a Scottish win?

No I don't – but that is why Blair went for the high risk kick off. Numpty

It would have been game over if the kickoff had gone into touch – thems the rules. Its either a retake or a scrum – but the time was up so no time for either. Its happened many times before

Hairychested
    Free Member

C'mon Ingerland, make my boss cry a bit more!

MussEd
    Free Member

Tell you what, after 1min 17 of this game, Brian Moore ahould not be on the telly. He would hav spoilt ven that last ten minutes in Cardiff. Long-winded, splutterring,overly technical, obviously biased and generally irritating.

THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO TEAMS IN A GAME OF RUGBY.

IdleJon

MussEd – Member

THERE ARE ALWAYS TWO TEAMS IN A GAME OF RUGBY.

That's something that the BBC often manage to forget anyway. Being in work at the mo, I haven't seen any of the build up, but I can bet that the vast majority of it was about England, with just a brief mention of their opponents………now who was it this week.

Although I was pretty drunk by the time the 10pm news was on last night, I don't think that they mentioned the Irish game at all? I may be wrong though. hic!

Avoiding this thread now, as I can't watch the Italian 😆 game until after 4pm….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

WTF is going on? Jonny "Other rugby players are available" Wilkinson missing pretty easy kicks?

anagallis_arvensis

england prooving how shite wales and thus scotland are at the moment

Hairychested
    Free Member

Wilkinson is like Beckham in this respect, nobody will even think about taking a kick if he's on.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The game so far;

ronjeremy
    Free Member

CFH

Made me spill me cup of tea, but i'm finding your post more entertaining to be honest

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Forza Italia!
    ( Not the political party tho 🙂 )

Houns

Managed to avoid this thread for 13 pages, wished i'd have carried on ignoring it

anagallis_arvensis

what a great contribution houns, thanks

ooOOoo
    Free Member

ha ha, you wouldn't get reserved english players driving a golf buggy down the motorway, classic 😛

Surfr
    Free Member

Italy are making my day so far. Love to see them run 1 in now. They've been close already.

allthepies
    Free Member

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

England Italy difficult to watch – Mr Moore so so negative – England may not be good but they are no doubt trying their best.

That and Italian TV are only broadcasting to those with widescreen….

Cheers

duckman

Ijon;

Load of crap – Scotland aren't complete, but they've haven't got much else they can do. They've used pretty all their players, got a decent coach, etc, etc. If you use the phrase 'work in progress' that applies to every team this year, bar perhaps Ireland. Scotland are playing at the level you'd expect of that team with those players.

What I meant was that we are fire fighting till the entire backline we have injured comes back, fired by our "young turk."

A.A; J.D has forgotten more about rugby than Andy Nicoll has ever learned?Well he wouldn't have many memories of lifting the European cup,playing for the Lions,Captaining/winning the English Premiership or winning the 5/6 nations to lose. Don't know why forgetting more about the other code would matter in Union, but hey.That length of the pitch try was amazing,even better than the one where he cut inside and left Scott Hasting for dead in about 87? Still, I suppose it would be churlish to mention that Wales side leaked 100 points in two tests,with him as the conductor? 😳
    Sack him and give Charvis the job,despite not being able to drive safely after 10 pints or avoid punching Frenchmen in nightclubs,his rugby analysis is spot on.

anagallis_arvensis

andy nicol was a decent international scrumhalf, Davis was one of the most talented players ever to pick up a rugby ball.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Get
    rid
    of
    Moore 👿

he does my head in

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Italy are outplaying England at the moment. Crikey.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Good to see italy finally matching the big teams. Glad for the win though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nearly Italy. Nearly.

England just showed enough control and sense to close them out with the forwards in the corner and the Wilkinson drop goal.

Italy played most of the rugby and chased wilkinson back intot eh pocket.

England outside backs looked good when they got some good ball ( apart from Moyne doesn't seem to be able to pass) but they got such little good ball.

The worst aspect was when England fielded kicks with counter attacking opportunity. No aggression no pace – just amble forward a few steps and boot it long. Italy – ran some back, kicked some long and chipped some when they fielded kicks.

What has happened to Armitage? Looked to have no confidence to do anything. Several times he had good counter-attacking opportunities and spurned them.

Stolid Mince.

Got to get rid of those lumbering behemoth in the forwards – they are are to blame for the slow ball. got to get rid of Wilkinson – he has the backs outside of him but can't release them. Armitage needs to find some confidence.

anagallis_arvensis

If there was ever a day for Wilkinson to stand flat and play some rugby it was today. I would like to see him play for Tulon to see if he's any flatter for them. It maybe that is how he's being asked to play.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I thought he started off flat but got chased back into the pocket?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He's playing a lot better and quicker at Toulon, that's for sure. Looks like an England tactic.

England were pisspoor today, really poor. Outplayed by Italy IMO. Oh, and that yellow for Castro seemed a little harsh. And, Moody tackling players in the air again……Other than that, good refereeing of the game.

Wilkinson is slow and past it. Why he still persists in putting himself in harm's way for the big tackles when he never heeds to is beyond me. Monye seems blind to those around him, never releasing to the supporting players. Overall a very poor England performance.

Italy, however….Held on when down to 14, didn't seem to miss Parisse at all, and took most of their chances well. Good for the world game, if you ask me!

So, what's next? Oh yes. We're getting spanked backwards by France. 🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I suspect your last line is right there CFH. I find it hard to see who can beat France. Leivremonts experimentation is over – he knows his players and his combinations now and he knows his best team

DezB
    Free Member

That's the first game in ages that has been so bad I turned it off. Didn't care who won or lost, or how. Watched some boxing instead.
    If Union keeps up like that (ie. Flash's graphic above), I think I'll stick to watching league.
    Terrible terrible stuff and has pissed me right off.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DezB, that graphic only applied to parts of Italy v England today. England were very poor and had nothing else to do.

Both games yesterday were far, far more exciting! Stick with it….

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Italy never really looked like scoring a try though – England didn't play well – but still managed to win. Bloody dreadful game.

Taz

Awful game today.

Italy looked the better side in the second half though never really looked like scoring a try. That critical offload was just not there.

A trip to Rome was always going to be a bit tricky. In the end a good result for England and it keeps them marching on. They could well be on a 3rd victory with a deflated Ireland at Twickers.

A depleted Scotland will not be looking forward to a trip to Rome 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 871 total)

The topic ‘6 Nations’ is closed to new replies.