Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 871 total)
  • 6 Nations
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Irish commnentator on the Beeb was just saying that there "nothing between the teams really". I beg to differ.

France look very very good today.

Darcy, it should not be level. It should be 15-14. As in the number of players per side on the pitch.

bruk

Ref didn't see it, only touch judge.

French looking rather good with their tails up. Glad I have a few of them in my ESPNfantasy league.

Need BOD and Kearney to start performing now!

uplink
    Free Member

France by 15 points – I reckon

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah yeah Flash, you just keep worrying about third and fourth place. I'm busy watching us lose the decider.

tankslapper
    Free Member

chortle…. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yello card that really…not releasing on your own line…what does our STW ref think…Flash?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That was a penalty, as awarded! Nothing dangerous or malicious in it….Unlike Flannery! If the TJ saw it (not our TJ, of course!) then it should have been a yellow. No quibble about it.

Holding in the ruck? Well, it's part of the game. Get caught, give away a penalty.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

****…still…ambitious play by the Grand Slam holders towards the end of the half…should have had a try.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

should have had a try.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda… 😉

So, how long until your next Slam? After all, you did have to wait a while for the last one! 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thanks for your fourth ref judgement there Flashy. I'll go with that. Flannery's muppetry turned the game I reckon…retrospective punishment coming his way for sure.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Watching Flannery's tackle again it's far, far worse.

Still, here's hoping for the second half! France look very strong, but still beatable.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Keith Wood agrees with me…! (Now he was one hell of a player. A true great!)

Retrospective punishment, Darcy? Sort of a rugby karma? Yeah, I can see that coming as well. France look rather good to me, like a team just beginning to come together, with a lot more to come.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

At least until an hour's time, we're still in with a chance Flashy…which is more than can be said for your lot. There's still time to congratulate us on the other one. I don't think you were able to bring yourself to do it last year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can't remember, was probably sulking about Wellies missing that last kick! 😉

Right, another beer and the second half beckons!

tankslapper
    Free Member

The 'Raging Potato' looks more like frozen chips!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can, and you didn't. 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeebus, France piling even more pressure. You know they're playing well when the SdF crowd start singing.

uplink
    Free Member

It never rains but it pours

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh dear…this is getting painful.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Handball!

brakes
    Free Member

forward pass

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we have a bye against France please? Really don't want to see that….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh well, that was what i'd call a beating…to say the least. France were outstanding…everywhere, but their defence was awesome. Ireland didn't help themselves by dropping the ball all over the park, but even if they'd held on to it, they'd still have lost. France knew they were facing the best the home nations have to offer, and they chewed us up.

Oh well, just the triple crown left…pah!

I guess, if we have to be second best in the NH this year, I don't mind being second best to those boys.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Aye, France were excellent in defence. Very strong.

Darcy, re second best. What's that line about chicken counting? 😉 Or the one about falling and pride? 😉

France just look too good to me, though. Unless they do a massive Gallic shrug, it's looking like a French win overall, surely.

uplink
    Free Member

I think the only chance of beating them now is to play a very negative game & try to frustrate them enough into giving points away

bruk

French very good today and made Ireland look 2nd rate.

On a serious note I really hope Thom Evans injury isn't as serious as it looked. I was hopeful when they said it was a leg injury but on hearing it's a serious back injury my hopes and wishes are with him and speeding him to a full recovery!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

News of Thom Evans

Scotland winger Thom Evans is feared to have suffered a serious back injury in the 31-24 Six Nations defeat by Wales.

The 24-year-old Glasgow player was carried from the Millennium Stadium pitch on a stretcher following lengthy treatment in the first half.

Scotland head coach Andy Robinson revealed: "He is currently in hospital with a back injury and we think it is very serious.

"It is a big concern at the moment. Thom's parents are with him."

I hope he's OK. Never want to hear of bad injuries like this.

duckman

That wee sh**e Davies, rapidly becoming the humping Ian Wright of rugby.At least Andy Nicoll tries to remain on the fence.Davies CV;was brilliant for Wales for two years, then took the league shilling during Wales hour of need.Once Union went pro,he then came back,slow and crap(but richer thanks to the WRU.) Can't they find anybody who actually has a union pedigree? Still,a Scotland team that is still very much a work in progress showed just how much of one Wales are.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Darcy, re second best. What's that line about chicken counting? Or the one about falling and pride?

Aye Flashy…I'm only winding you up really…we're all second best behind that display today and given what France showed, on sober reflection, it was still a drubbing. It's hard to find any positives in the game for Ireland. I guess that even when it looked like France were going to win (that would have been towards the end of the first half), Ireland still played running rugby, still tried to put phases together and didn't kick every ball that came their way. But for the brilliant French defense, Ireland could have scored more tries and probably would have against a weaker side. And ah, but for the bounce of an oval ball….D'arcy may well have had that try early in the game and quietened the crowd down. Actually was it just me, or could he have waited another split second before kicking over the full back…would have given him that extra yard of decision making in the run for the line…ifs and buts don't score tries though.

Whatever about Healy's yellow card…Ireland looked like they were going to ride it out and maybe get away with three points. They were given a penalty for a deliberate knock-on and then Flannery had his moment of madness – the penalty was reversed, Ireland went from the front foot onto the back, and the whole shebang resulted in France's first try. It was around then that the Matthew said there was nothing between the sides, and up till then, there wasn't. As ever, tackles look worse in slow motion but I reckon a wendyballer would have been sent off for that. He should be cited and punished…thankfully, we're not short of hookers.

You can't simply walk away heads down…as Wales showed today. And hey, they lifted their spirits a little int he second half and at least did cross the line.

Like I said, a quality game between the best two sides in the 6N 😛

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

News of Thom Evans

Scotland winger Thom Evans is feared to have suffered a serious back injury in the 31-24 Six Nations defeat by Wales.

The 24-year-old Glasgow player was carried from the Millennium Stadium pitch on a stretcher following lengthy treatment in the first half.

Scotland head coach Andy Robinson revealed: "He is currently in hospital with a back injury and we think it is very serious.

"It is a big concern at the moment. Thom's parents are with him."

I hope he's OK. Never want to hear of bad injuries like this.

I was very concerned when I first heard how serious it was – but at least the report says that he's moving his arms and legs and that they're hoping for a speedy recovery.

I hope he recovers quickly and can get back to playing soon.

bruk

"Thom Evans has sustained damage to his neck that has required surgery."

"He is moving his arms and legs and we are hoping for a speedy recovery."

Great news, hope he continues to make a full recovery.

tankslapper
    Free Member

O.K. real analysis people. Basically the French to win! They really took the pi$$ out or of the home team today. I know Ireland's weaknesses and O'Gara is one of them, a real light weight! But facts aside le'francais look unassailable!

Taz

First of all – looks like good news on Thom Evans. Got to be the most important thing!

France look great. They beat (or at least matched) Ireland in every facet of the game. They will probably have a bad game at some point (they generally do!). That aside I cannot see them not getting a Grand Slam!

IdleJon

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Retrospective punishment, Darcy? Sort of a rugby karma? Yeah, I can see that coming as well. France look rather good to me, like a team just beginning to come together, with a lot more to come.

That's why Wales were allowed to play on after 80 mins. Karma comeback after the Italy debacle 3 years ago (When the dipstick of a ref said there was time for a lineout and then blew up!)

When did Andy Robinson change from being a scowling back row forward into a grumpy accountant?

Two good (depending on perspective!) games yesterday, now we have the Italy – England skill fest to look forward to. 😀

The games in a fortnight look pretty special and could be the deciders – England v Ireland, Wales v France, after that home games for Ireland and France!

Will France bring yesterdays form to the Millenium Stadium? Surely a one-off? (PLEASE NO!!)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Thom Evans, Chris Patterson and Rory Lamont out for the rest of the 6N at least.

Bu66er. Scotland just don't have the strength in depth to afford that attritional rate. We looked good with the first choice backs.I don't think I have ever been so fed up after a game.

Looks like Evans will be OK which is good news

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, encouraging news re Evans.

IdleJohn, a good point there! RJ asked the ref if there was time to restart it yesterday, so I suppose it is karma!

Oh, and I fear very much about France….Very much indeed. We're going to be spanked senseless.

anagallis_arvensis

glad about evans.

Duckman not sure what your problem is with Jonathan Davis, the bbc with people like Moore and Davis obviously want people to show some passion which Davis does. As for looking for someone who has a union pedigree. FFS he will have forgotten more about rugby in either code than Nicol will have ever even considered.

But no your right he never did anything for wales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjs62E6zovo

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

a_a, you forgot that Jiffy is also an accomplished broadcaster (in both languages) as well as being able to offer the BBC coverage of both codes. But, let's just say he was rubbish instead, as he clearly was, wasn't he? *Joke*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have no issue with the restart. However the ball should have gone straight into the stand – and it would have been game over – there is precedent – Neil Jenkins against south africa for one and other cases. You do not continue after time is up iunless its a penalty, freekick or mark and none of those would have applied.

(When the dipstick of a ref said there was time for a lineout and then blew up!)

But he didn't – what the player asked was " is there time to kick to touch" which there was. There wasn't time to take the lineout.

anagallis_arvensis

oh and my fav, davis try against the then world champs

on at about 1.20

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 871 total)

The topic ‘6 Nations’ is closed to new replies.