Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 6 bolt QR fisc wheels for commuter
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

As title, for my charge plug, thinking 30mm tyres should be plenty to replace 42mm tyres and boat anchor original wheels. Target weight 1500g, 350 ish tops, everything on offer at the mo is centre lock or thru axle. ItsI driving me nuts!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Disc not Fisc!

nedrapier

Build your own?

I’ve got a spare set Open Pro on SLX if you’re interested? They might not be much lighter than your current set but I could do them for a slice under budget, though!

hatter

DT E1800’s? Listed as thru axle and centre lock but come with QR end caps and 6-bolt rotor adaptors included in the box.

20mm wide internally so perfect for 30mm.

1650 grams but tough and come in well under budget.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Aye looked at it 1800s but 1650+qr caps+6bolt adaptors and you’re nearer 1800g

Re building my own I’d rather they were round and not have the expense of having a grown up re do them after two rides

hatter

Aye looked at it 1800s but 1650+qr caps+6bolt adaptors and you’re nearer 1800g

Eh?

The 6 bolt adaptors weigh less than the (presumably steel) bolts you’d use to attach your rotor and the Center lock hubs are lighter anyway.

Changing the end caps won’t add any weight either.

nedrapier

spec. your own, if you don’t want to build.  Novatech 791/2 on Stans Crest or Grail/ H+Son Archetype/ new Open Pro / something from DT.

A little more pricey than building them yourself and getting a grown-up to finish them for you, but probably quicker!

stevious

Hunt do some wheels that will probabl match your spec. They come with the 6 bolt adaptors.

cookeaa

Novatec Hubs off ebay, ACI spokes from cyclebasket, whatever’s left of your budget on rims…

joebristol

Hunt 4seasons gravel disc wheels are in budget:

HUNT 4 Season Gravel Disc Wheelset

I’ve got the road version and they are pretty light, look nice and feel quite fast.

gkeeffe

Try fulcrum wheels off chain reaction. Some super cheap deals and the wheels are good ime

joebristol

Fulcrum are ok until the bearings disintegrate – my lbs refuse to sell them.

nedrapier

given how inexpensive decent cartridge bearings are, is it the end of the world if you have to replace them?

joebristol

Would rather buy wheels that came with normal sized / double sealed cartridge bearings that should last. Also ones labelled correctly so it’s easier to get replacements. Haven’t been able to fault my Hunt wheels yet at all. And for the price they are pretty light with it – as well as being a bit unusual at the moment when out riding because they’re quite new.

sarawak
    Free Member

Fulcrum are ok until the bearings disintegrate – my lbs refuse to sell them.

Agreed. My Fulcrum bearings started going inside 300 miles.Bought from Ribble who shrugged their shoulders. Binned them and got some Hunts instead. Come with 6 bolt adaptor.

DezB
    Free Member

You can thank me later

https://www.mcconveycycles.com/10814/products/mavic-ksyrium-disc-wheelset.aspx

(Except when you see that they’re “Out of Stock”! Damn. Well take em off your website then!)

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Cyclebast don’t sell ACI spokes anymore and everywhere else seems to be more expensive.

Prime Pro disc are 1450g and 315 gbp

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/prime-pro-disc-road-wheelset/rp-prod142940

I use mine with 6 bolt adapters.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘6 bolt QR fisc wheels for commuter’ is closed to new replies.