Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 5th Gear last night- anyone watch???
  • hora
    Free Member

The piece on bluetooth phones, where the presenter turns his head to show his earpiece and pulls the goofiest face ever- funny as! (for once)

Drac

Nah! It’s crap.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i watched it

Vicky b&h kept her clothes on

i was disappointed

hora
    Free Member

They showed the funniest possible Caterham going round a winding track at all sorts of fun angles then concluded a fast Renault Megane was better as it could go round with no fuss faster. Two very very different cars, one being a shopping trolley, the other an engine and four wheels.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

urm wasn’t it a megane R26WC, hardly a shopping trolley

hora
    Free Member

Its a glorified one. Its got a hatch for supermarket shopping etc. My point is the cars were poles apart from the start.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yeah but it has no rear seats or sound proofing, hardly what mum takes to the shops

it’s as much a standard megane as the Metro 6R4 was a granny transporter

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Vicky b&h kept her clothes on

i was disappointed”

I was pleased she did.

It was dull as usual, the only highlight being the sound of the Aston but that was ruined by Tiff’s voice all over it.

conkerman
    Free Member

She’s a bit of a munter.

5th Gear is a bit crap TBH.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I found it ironic that they were ferrying around low rent a GnR cover band in that Fiat wagon when the prog itself is little more than a crap cover of Top Gear. It annoys me greatly yet I still watch it. Must be the petrol in my blood.

[crude comments removed – Mod]

nicko74

It really is second-rate, and I’ve been wondering for a while why that is. I think for starters they don’t have anyone who really seems to know their stuff or is an authority on everyday cars. Then they trial REALLY everyday cars – boringly so. And there’s no rapport between the multitude of presenters – the skinny one with the sideys never talks to Plato; Tiff never speaks to the clowns in the studio and VBH doesn’t do a huge amount. And it’s completely full of ‘wtf’ moments, such as VBH learning how to ride a bike with Dougie whatsit. He’s a trials god (used to watch him on Sky Sports in my student days), but the segment just came out of nowhere, apropos of nothing at all.

Lummox

it’s a gap fill till top gear comes back, they’d never run it in competition to it.

Tiff is the Stig

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

nicko74
    It really is second-rate, and I’ve been wondering for a while why that is

Production values, format, presenters and quality of content – all lacking. They are trying to ape tog gear on a fraction of the budget and withou the same creative brains behind it. At the same time they are trying to “out do” TG by appealing to the man on the street by testing new family cars, which is as you said painfully dull. Then you have a collection of presenters who are generally annoying and dislikeable, non of who have any distinct character traits or raport with one another. Jason Plato is just about the only one who comes across as watchable, even if it was only him and the fat one it would be a vast improvement.

terrahawk
    Free Member

that fake giggle thing that VBH does when she’s allegedly driving fast makes me want to puke.

I hate her.
    No, I don’t know her. But I DO hate her.

stumpy01

I can’t stand to watch it. Everytime I think I’ll give it a chance, I realise I have just wasted an hour…..and it is getting more and more like a Top Gear clone, everytime I do sit down and endure it.

They should just try to do their own thing…..

WTF
    Free Member

Fat Tom and his bum chum annoy me.
    VBH isn`t getting better looking.
    Tiff is starting to act a bit wierd.
    Jason used to be an OK driver.

That is all.

HTH

IdleJon

If you Sky+ it, you can watch all the interesting bits in less than 10 minutes.

hora
    Free Member

I also dislike VBH however I would still shock and awe her if push came to shove 🙄

It is a stop-gap waiting for TG but TBH when Im at the in laws I feast on all the car repair/resale/classic car programmes on there. Could care less how low-budget they are. Bring it on!

waihiboy
    Free Member

it is getting worse, had to laugh at the sky+ comment above, thats the joy of sky+ record everythig and fast forward through all the faff.

it has got better but it will always be second place to top gear.

i never win the fekin competitions either!!!

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

You guys do know its produced by the team that made old Top Gear. That old bloke thats on the gadget show…John sumthingorother used to produce Top Gear before it got binned (…I think.)

He then moved to Five, done the gadget show and then produced 5th gear.

Oxboy
    Free Member

erm . . . I thought it was a lot better than it used to be, the 2 main presenter guys are pretty good.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Oxboy – Member
    erm . . . I thought it was a lot better than it used to be, the 2 main presenter guys are pretty good.

Tiff?

quote]burnsybhoy – Member
    You guys do know its produced by the team that made old Top Gear. That old bloke thats on the gadget show…John sumthingorother used to produce Top Gear before it got binned (…I think.)

He then moved to Five, done the gadget show and then produced 5th gear.[/quote]

The same “old top gear” that was cancelled?

allyharp

I like the tall thin guy with the beard. Can’t describe him any other way than that, but last week he was buying used 4x4s

hora
    Free Member

waihiboy my girlfriend finally caught up with me for using her mobile to enter the competitions 8)

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I caught a bit of one of these the other day where they were looking at the new laguna coupe. It seemed to be the most pointless test i have ever seen.

Muke
    Free Member

Tiff is the Stig

Paul Rees is the stig and he has an assistant stig who is an ex sas driver.

Mister-P
    Free Member

The guy on the Gadget Show is John Bentley I think and he makes me want to smash my fist through the tv. He is utterly dire.

stumpy01

Anyone hear what happened to one of the presenters of 5th Gear? Not the chunky frizzy haired one, but the other young-ish bloke.

Apparently he made some comment about his wife and family on his radio show and she’d had enough of it (apparently he does it a lot). She put his Elise (or Exige) on ebay for £0.50 saying the buyer had to pick it up before he came home.
    Apparently he’d paid for it, but for some reason the car was in her name. HA HA……

Wikipedia info about this:

“Shaw’s wife, Hayley, sold his Lotus Esprit, worth £25,000, for 50p on eBay after he told Jodie Marsh live on air that he would leave his wife and two children for her. Hayley placed the lot on the auction site at the ‘buy it now’ price of 50p with the description ‘I need to get rid of this car in the next two to three hours before my husband gets home to find it gone and all his belongings in the street.’ The car sold within five minutes. The scandal made international news and Shaw even made a live apology to his wife on Channel 4’s Richard & Judy show. He then bought the car back for £5000.”

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘5th Gear last night- anyone watch???’ is closed to new replies.