• This topic has 480 replies, 127 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by ton.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 481 total)
  • 500 Mile a month.
  • pondo

I like this thread – 500 miles a month for me is maybe a one-off target, rather than an all year round thing, but while I couldn’t say I’m pulling out all the stops to try and make it, it’s definitely there at the back of the mind. 🙂

ton

I spend all my spare time working out routes from home and work, trying to find new stuff to ride to keep it fresh.
    bikehike is your friend for this…. 8)

mkidley
    Free Member

270 miles in January, 187 miles in February. Work getting in the way, such is life. 🙁

townydc
    Free Member

150 miles only for me this month but alot of these miles have been slip sliding away in the mud, do they count as double then???? 😀

pondo

I almost think they should – 330-odd for me YTD, and all but 12 were on the road… 🙁

TheSanityAssassin

I’m currently in 2nd place on 1326 miles, but I’ve missed a lot of miles this month through the poor weather and a mid-ride mechanical that necessitated ringing home for a lift back. Despite that, I have managed a couple of centuries this month, so it’s not all doom and gloom.

MoreCashThanDash

Over 800 miles so far this year, so seem to be hitting 400 a month rather than 500.

March looks like being a lean month, 2-3 weekends we are busy and I can’t get out and a busy schedule of driving for work.

cookeaa

330 for Jan, 282 for Feb so far and only one 16 mile commute home available to clock up anymore…

Looks like I’m barely averaging 300 miles a month which seems to have me wibbling about in the 12-14th range on the table…

Plus it now I’m having to spend most of the next month at a clients office, not sure what opportunities I’ll actually have for riding/commuting through March so things could slip Further.

I’m motivated but things are getting in the way a bit, I think I shall have to kick off March with a big Ride or two just to keep the enthusiasm up…

saxabar
    Free Member

Without trying to get involved, I do seem to have the 125 figure per week in my head. Reckon I’m just about on par at mo’ although I don’t record rides. Have to say, the sun today made it a lot more spirit-lifting.

houndlegs
    Free Member

244 for February, I must admit the rain put me off quite a bit.
    Total so far 505.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I’m doing well, currently in 4th place on the table with 1317 miles YTD and enjoying my riding (well apart from the odd miserable one) but am extending my route home from my normal 18 miles to 22 to 25 miles depending on how I feel.

ton

I am chasing you mate…… 😀

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

yup, you are on my six as the roadies would say

MaryHinge
    Free Member

381 miles for February. But being a triafflete I have a few other things that occupy my free time 🙂

Should get up to 500 miles for a few months this year, but 400 looks more achievable with the time I have available.

ton

I need to slow down a bit, going like I am this month, I will be hitting 900 miles, which is far far too serious. gonna have to have some sundays off spent in the pub…. 😆

amedias
    Free Member

I really need to get round to putting my Feb miles into Endomondo…

Still a fair bit behind (about 750miles YTD due to a crappy Feb) but this is a great motivator to do more even if you don’t hit the actual 500 mark it’s great for keeping you going!

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Sitting in 8th at the moment, might have to start logging my weekend riding to try to catch up as it appears you all above me are pulling away. Only been logging my commutes so far.

Thanks for that bikehike site Ton, looks good that and will use it to try and find some new commute routes.

ton

how’s everyone doing?
    I started the month off flying, but after a mini tour in the lakes I have been fubar. looking for a 700 mile total this month hopefully.

andytherocketeer

been skiing instead
    weather looks good for the weekend though
    i’m no longer last

woody2000

Dire!

2 weeks off the bike with a chest infection, and a weeks holiday in Feb means I’m miles behind. 3 weeks paternity leave coming up, so that’ll mean very limited or non-existent riding too. I’ll keep plugging away though 🙂

amedias
    Free Member

Not too bad, weather was awful at start of month and had a few races so miles were down a bit compared to what I expected.

Going better now though, managed my first 200+ mile week last week so getting back on track 🙂

Still got a lot of catching up to do though!

ton

still enjoying doing it though, regardless of the weather.
    me and the wife are going for a weeks tour of the dales and lakes on the 9th of april, so that should bump a few miles on for april…. 8)

pondo

Came flying out of the traps at the start of the month, stumbled last week and this week but back on the case now. Still now 500 miles though – went through 500km on Strava’s monthly challenge today on the way in, I’m on 325 miles. Another 21 on the way home, and about forty on Sunday, plus whatever I can get myself to do tomorrow…. Call it about 400 miles, with luck? It’s still there as a target, just one that’s out of reach in this calendar year! 🙂

amedias
    Free Member

Hurrah! finally managed a 500+ in March (588 to be exact), starting to make up for my 400 mile Jan and woefully poor 200 mile Feb.

How’s everyone else doing?

I’m using this more of a (just about) achievable goal/target for me rather than beating myself up if I don’t put the miles in, but it’s a really good motivator and helping to push me out of the door on days where I might have bailed otherwise, and I can honestly say I’ve not regretted a single ride once I’ve actually been out for a few mins and got warm 🙂

lowey

Terrible month last April after a promising March. Work situation means I’ll struggle to commute this month too, so going for quality over quantity, well thats my excuse anyway.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I did 500 over last weekends Bank Holiday.. I’m not playing this game normally as I choose quality and enjoyment but thought I’d just willywang that into the thread.

I rock me. 😆

ton

is anyone still doing this? if so how you doing?
    i managed 800 miles for may, which i was made up with.
    looks like june is gonna be a poor one tho. going on holiday tomorrow night…..without the bike, and then looks like i am going in hospital later in the month, so 3 weeks without riding…… 🙁

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Damn good effort there Tony. Good luck in hospital.

TheSanityAssassin

I’m still clinging onto third spot after a shocker in May. Just as I was starting to get to grips with some extra speed work I slipped on some wet steps and badly bruised some ribs. That cost me a fortnight, and I missed a full week due to the CVMBC too.
    Was back on the club run today and managed a quick hundred out to Knaresborough and back. Things will drop again at the end of the month though, as I’ve Mayhem and a local MTB challenge last 2 weeks of June, followed by Le Tour first week of July.

Edit: yeah, what McMoonter said too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

June so far 241 with 87 done today.
    Great day, sun, warm, rolling hills.. 8)

ton

cheers Pete and Johnny…..;o)

if i get mended i am gonna be gunning for 1st place……..;o)

zangolin
    Free Member

I’m still plugging away.
    My target is 1000 a month – just over 5500 so far – so going well.
    Ton – you have some miles in the bank there – so you should have enough to cover you till middle of July.

ton

managed to do 519 for june….god knows how. a week away cost me a couple of places on the leader board……. 😉

hope everyone is still managing to keep it up………specially the big fat lazy un’s like me…. 😆

woody2000

This will be my first actual 500 mile month which I’m pretty happy about. In my defence I’ve had a couple of weeks away which don’t help, but more importantly I also have a 3 month old baby at home which means the bulk of my riding is commuting at the moment with little or no weekend or evening riding.

Still plugging away though 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

managed to do 519 for june….god knows how. a week away cost me a couple of places on the leader board…….

Good work Tony.

ton

richpips, wait till I am mended mate, I will be joining you on one of those big jaunts.

amedias
    Free Member

oops, I haven’t uploaded any of my rides since April, must do that…

MoreCashThanDash

Finally managed a 500 mile month for June. Will be on 2524 for tbe year after the ride home. Mileage tends to dip over the summer as holidays mean no commuting.

The good news is I’ve not put my back out yet this year, so although my osteopath has just ordered a new Ferrari, I’ve not wasted weeks like I normally do most years.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I’m doing well, last 3 months have been very good April – 750.1, May – 719.6, June – 671.9 (by the time I get home tonight.

Big week last week with 264.1 miles which is my biggest week this year.

Its going well this year and I’m 450 miles up on the same time last year.

richpips
    Free Member

richpips, wait till I am mended mate, I will be joining you on one of those big jaunts.

Ace, looking forward to it.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 481 total)

The topic ‘500 Mile a month.’ is closed to new replies.