Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • 45650b
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Well I’m sold.

iolo
    Free Member

So can I ride my 456 to emulate the 650b? I have enjoyed my 456 for many years.Thanks brant. How do I do that please?Could you let me know Thanks. I’m sorry if i sound an arse but am quite confused and need to see if this wheel size is for me.

BearBack
    Free Member

Better? No. Different? Yes.

Sounds like how a guy caught having an affair would describe the other lady…
    Woman.. Was she better than me?
    Man.. Not better, just different.

There has to be a reason the bloke hopped on the other woman for a ride… Same for 650 I guess 😉
    Maybe the excitement had gone from the 26 relationship, maybe the relatiinship had run its course and it was simply time for a change. or maybe he realised he’d made a mistake and 27.5 was the one he should be riding

Duffer
    Free Member

Maybe that’s what everyone is buying – it’d be a bit daft for a company not to produce the one thing that all the lemmings wanted to buy…

iolo
    Free Member

That’s why I want to try it without having to spend too much money. If its no better I’ll be a bit annoyed

chakaping
    Free Member

The c456 doesn’t have the lowest BB in the world and putting 650b wheels on it would make it too high IMO, so the bike would handle a bit cack.

I think that’s what brant was getting at, perhaps less diplomatically, in the post he deleted.

brant
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    That’s why I want to try it without having to spend too much money. If its no better I’ll be a bit annoyed
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

What aspects of your current bike frustrate you?

iolo
    Free Member

None. A fantastic bike.
    It’s just you say better? no. This makes me me wonder why I should spend any additional money for this 650b fad to try it if its’s no better. That is all.

sheck

I’m definitely interested, especially if there’s an 853 one. My favourite bike right now is my Inbred, which I converted to 650b (dropped the forks from 120 to 100 for BB height and used a 1 deg slackset to retain the head angle). It suits my riding style better than other bikes 4 times its value

andyl
    Free Member

@brant: what size is the seat tube?

i am guessing 30.9 but 31.6 would be nice to match the carbon and aluminium bikes.

brant
    Free Member

30.9, same as Titus alloy frames.
    31.6mm would have weighed (even) more.

andyl
    Free Member

Thought that would be the case.

ratherbeintobago

What size HT on the 45650b, Brant?

dmorts

Complacency is devastating. Just everyone remember that.

mangatank
    Free Member

Bloody Nora. I missed this surprising, little scandal. It really must be Cucumber Season. Can’t help but feel a tiny bit disappointed.

Anyway, *cough(USA)cough*

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘45650b’ is closed to new replies.