Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 34 PEOPLE CHARGED IN CONNECTION WITH ABERDEEN BIKE THEFTS
  • bruneep

A police crackdown on bike crime has seen 34 people charged – and nearly a third of stolen bikes being returned to their owners.

Since the start of Operation Lathe at the beginning of June officers have traced 31 bikes, 12 of which are now back with their relieved owners.

They are now appealing to the public for help to reunite 19 bikes to their owners, which have a combined value of around £10,000.

Sergeant Dave Cowie said: “We have a number of bikes that are still to be reunited with their owners.

“Some of these bikes are of very high value for example a red and black Giant Defy would have been purchased for around £2,000 and a red Carrera Virtuoso which is valued between £800 – £1,000.

“If you have had your bike stolen recently I would encourage you to contact us as it is possible we may have it. Proof of ownership and photographic identification will be required. Bikes are kept for three months.

“We continue to encourage you to help us with operations like Lathe by reporting suspicious activity and by ensuring you record all of your bike’s details and distinguishing features including the serial number.

“If you security mark your bike’s frame with a UV pen or other method, then if we do recover your bike it means we can return it to you more quickly.”

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/34-people-charged-connection-aberdeen-bike-thefts/

wwaswas

*likes*

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wasn’t me guv.

Can we line them up and give them a sound drubbing round the back of the station ?

* Had my fisher rig stolen 6 years ago …..on account of 29ers no being fashionable back then got it back within 3 months 🙂 *

dukeduvet

Edinburgh has been seeing a lot of bike thefts recently especially south of the city.

One guy was assaulted when he disturbed them then they came back and put a window through.

Good to read about Aberdeen and watch out in Edinburgh folks

bruneep

More success in catching bike thieves.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

a red Carrera Virtuoso which is valued between £800 – £1,000

Think someone mistakenly added an extra zero to that figure. 😕

fifeandy
    Free Member

Think someone mistakenly added an extra zero to that figure.

Indeed, I had one of those as my first ever road bike – certainly didn’t pay that for it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘34 PEOPLE CHARGED IN CONNECTION WITH ABERDEEN BIKE THEFTS’ is closed to new replies.