• This topic has 109 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by juan.
Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • 32 months for fire extinguisher protest student
  • GlitterGary
    Free Member

Come on, anyone who signs up for the Met Police has a passion for a ruck, it’s part of the job description. That’s why they wear armour.

Plus, has anyone on here actually ever been hit on the head with a fire extinguisher?

Well I have, from 30 floors up AND it was a proper water one, not one of these namby pamby foam things that student threw like a girl. It didn’t even hurt, not one bit.

Jamie
    Free Member

If you’re leaving the thread, just stop posting – no need to make an announcement. People might think you are just looking for a dramatic effect.

Now this leaves me in a tricky position as I was actually referring to engaging with you, and not leaving the thread. Thing is I am going to have to do so again, see this post, in order to tell you this, thus negating my initial announcement of this fact and introducing the element of hypocrisy into my previous statement.

So apologies for that and I hope everything is cleared up now.

uplink
    Free Member

This particular scumbag has just gone down for life

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/11/rapist-police-officer-life-sentence

bigjim

Good point by kimbers that he is getting a considerably longer sentence than a lot of people that have actually killed other people.

I bet if it hadn’t been seen by public he would have had a shorter/no sentence, stupid british justice system.

Andituk
    Free Member

Well, as I recall, the reliable medical evidence (not the stooge struck-off coroner) was that Tomlinson most likely died as result of his mistreatment by the police.

And as I recall both those conclusions were drawn from an error in the wording of the first coroner.

But that doesn’t make headlines 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

Good point by kimbers that he is getting a considerably longer sentence than a lot of people that have actually killed other people.
    I bet if it hadn’t been seen by public he would have had a shorter/no sentence, stupid british justice system.

It’s a testament to british justice that he’s been processed to quickly. Of course only the cynical could believe its been fast tracked to attempt to dissuade others from active protest…

hora
    Free Member

There are potential a few (conspiracy) theories behind this huh?

A view that an attack on Prince Philip (ever happen before?) so close to a Royal wedding.

It’ll scare alot of people that the fabric of a rich royal family that could potentially be seen as attackable by its own population as a step too far.

If, as reported the protection officers were close to drawing their weapons this would have put everything in a truly awful position.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

he’s been processed to quickly?

seems fairly cut and dry there was evidence he confessed he got sentenced.

At least he can get on with doing his time and mentaly move on seems to be the best for him and is what I wanted .I think that he will probaly appeal his sentence and it will be reduced.

crankboy
    Free Member

“Of course only the cynical could believe its been fast tracked to attempt to dissuade others from active protest…”

Only the cynical or those unfamiliar with the courts, this was an indication of a guilty plea from the outset sent up to the crown court to sentence. The case was first in court in november the only issue was how to sentence and that needed an adjournment for a probation report. The case has been dealt with in exactly the time frame one would have expected.

This lad appears to have done something really stupid but at least had the good grace to come forward identify himself and take his punishment. The sentence seems about right too.

xiphon
    Free Member

Whilst I agree with him being locked up, the sentance does seem rather long, in comparison to other cases…

Either way, he must have been on some uncontrollable adrenaline rush to do such a stupid impulsive act.

hora
    Free Member

He’ll be out in 18months with good behaviour- probably even less on licence.

binners

He’ll be out in 18months

He may well be Hora. But he’ll be like a wizards sleeve by then 😯

hora
    Free Member

With that haircut they’ll think hes Mavis the 60’s-throwback dinner lady

I recognise that haircut.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

You can’t compare the death of Tomlinson to this sentencing for violent disorder very different offences. Hora good on you. As already mentioned court process dealt with expeditiously as he pleaded guilty.

BillMC

..and the killer of Tomlinson won’t even get to stand up in court. Cool.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

“Cool” if that is how you feel about it…..

DrJ

Yes, you’re right – there are many differences and one is that PC Simon Harwood was not charged with assault on Tomlinson, as the 6 month time limit had conveniently run out. Woollard had lived a quiet and well-behaved life, but Harwood had previous hearings for violent behaviour. Woollard acted on the spur of the moment, but Harwood prepared for his actions by removing his ID number, etc etc ad nauseam.

Woollard is a silly muppet who deserves to be punished, but if you think this is justice, you must be blind.

yossarian
    Free Member

Munge-chick – Is all this stuff what you signed up for?

Edit: I don’t mean your singletrack login 🙂

DrJ

“Cool” if that is how you feel about it…..

Naah – “sick” is how I feel about it, and sick that you would seek to defend it. So much for the “one bad apple” defence.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I am not defending anything Istarted by posting that there is no way you can compare the tomlinson case to the fire extinguisher job and I have never said the word “justice” in the tomlinson case, only for muppet extinguisher boy.

BillMC

A friend of mine went down to the protest in London against increased fees (wearing his Cambridge professorial gown) and spent all day trying to protect kids from being attacked by the police. Having been ‘kettled’ till 10.30pm, police then followed the kids onto the tube and the intimidation continued. Not a good day for police PR but I expect we have much more of this to look forward to as the cuts bite and people lose their livelihoods.

yossarian
    Free Member

Let’s add another ingredient into the mix.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/uk-12148753

Speaking outside Nottingham Crown Court after the collapse of his clients’ trial, solicitor Mike Schwarz said police need to answer “serious questions” about Mr Kennedy’s actions and efforts to charge the activists were a “serious attack on peaceful, accountable protest”.
    He said: “My clients were not guilty. They did not agree to join in any plan to occupy the power station. The evidence of Pc Kennedy presumably confirmed this.
    “Yet that evidence, had it been kept secret, could have led to a miscarriage of justice.”

When I was younger I used to believe the police were on our side, that is, the side of the little people. Nowadays they’d kick an old man in face if ordered to do so.

Junkyard
    Free Member

excessive sentence to set an example to others which is always a bad reason for sentencing – you should be sentenced for your crime not to deter others. Given he gave himself in as well – no criminal record etc so he gave him a lenient sentence.
    He will be in a YOI not adult prison FWIW

trailmonkey

it’s taken a long time and a lot of nonsense on this thread for yossarian and junkyard to eventually come up with the real issue here.

this is a statement by the establishment to deter people from the inevitable yet perfectly legal right to the kind of protests that we are likely to see during the next 4 years of this govt.

totally excessive and unnecessary sentence that will serve no useful purpose to society at all.

jon1973
    Free Member

This is the problem when you get typecast as a Hobbit

Bregante

LoCo – Member
    Just got carried away with it all I guess, stupid and potentailly lethal thing to do, but his life is pretty screwed now. Not condoning his actions but if he’s ‘quiet and well behaved’ how’s he going to last in prison?
    POSTED 5 HOURS AGO #

Arsed

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

this is a statement by the establishment to deter people from the act of potentially killing people while taking part in unlawful trespass and other violent activities

FTFY.

Legitimate protest is fine, in fact it is to be encouraged. Violence, thuggery and endangering the lives of others is not.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

this is a statement by the establishment to deter people from the inevitable yet perfectly legal right to the kind of protests that we are likely to see during the next 4 years of this govt.

How so? I don’t see anyone who exercised their perfectly legal right to protest going to jail.

juan
    Free Member

They do a difficult job working shifts, over public holidays and how many times do any of you descenters suffer physical abuse on a regular basis in your job?

They are at the sharp end protecting me and you. Hats off to them.

I wonder how many times nurses, doctors, firemenhave been injured (yes they are) but how many times is such footage shown on the news/internet etc?

Fixed that for you hora.

CFH, peaceful protest achieve nothing. The twi only time protests have achieved something were in July 1789 and My 1968, none were peaceful.

As for cops don’t get me started please, now when I see one I make sure I change pavement.

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘32 months for fire extinguisher protest student’ is closed to new replies.