• This topic has 109 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • 32 months for fire extinguisher protest student
  • Pook

Just popped up on breaking news.

Good to set an example to the trouble makers I think

Jamie
    Free Member

Good. Insane to do such a thing.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dgzs4IQieo[/video]

warton
    Free Member

good, I’m all for the students standing up for themselves and protesting, but that’s taking things a bit to far i think!

trailmonkey

excellent news. these short sharp shock tactics have proven really effective in the past.

DrJ

How much for the cops who crack skulls, or drag cripples from wheelchairs?

s
    Free Member

No student fees for him then?

uplink
    Free Member

At least he’ll be able to finish his degree without tuition fees 😀

EDIT: DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoCo
    Free Member

Is he actually a student or one of the ‘anarchists’? Mental thing to do either way.

s
    Free Member

Wonder if he will get a haircut too?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“How much for the cops who cracks skulls, or drag cripples from wheelchairs?”

Hopefully the reassurance that people may not be as tempted to throw fire extinguishers on there heads for doing a job they get paid to do.

warton
    Free Member

How much for the cops who crack skulls, or drag cripples from wheelchairs

good troll, I’m not biting though!

Jamie
    Free Member

Ohh that’s close.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIM_zOHTCnk[/video]

DrJ

doing a job they get paid to do

They get paid to violently assault peaceful members of the public? Where is that specified?

thomthumb
    Free Member

Is he actually a student or one of the ‘anarchists’? Mental thing to do either way.

student. and apparently a quiet and well behaved one

freddyg
    Free Member

He actually confessed to his parents as to what he had done and they took him down to the Police. The right thing to do.

miketually
    Free Member

Good.

Police who go too far should also be punished appropriately.

LoCo
    Free Member

Just got carried away with it all I guess, stupid and potentailly lethal thing to do, but his life is pretty screwed now. Not condoning his actions but if he’s ‘quiet and well behaved’ how’s he going to last in prison?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Police who go too far should also be punished appropriately.

Agreed.

I wonder what punishment a plod would get for throwing a fire extinguisher into a crowd like that?

Jamie
    Free Member

Just got carried away with it all I guess, stupid and potentailly lethal thing to do, but his life is pretty screwed now. Not condoning his actions but if he’s ‘quiet and well behaved’ how’s he going to last in prison?

Well, the silver lining is that no-one got killed. Otherwise his life would be well and truly screwed, as would someone else’s and their family.

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s the quiet ones you have to watch.

DrJ

I wonder what punishment a plod would get for throwing a fire extinguisher into a crowd like that?

About the same as a plod riding a horse into a crowd. A crowd he’d created himself by herding people into a small area by beating them with sticks and kicking them with heavy boots.

In other words – nothing.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

About the same as a plod riding a horse into a crowd. A crowd he’d created himself by herding people into a small area by beating them with sticks and kicking them with heavy boots.

Well I don’t think you can assume that though really. Your example shows plod *perhaps* exceeding what is entirely lawful in pressure situations. This idiot deliberately threw something that would have killed someone had it hit them. Do you REALLY think that a plod would have got away with it?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Fair and just sentence if you ask me. He’d be done for murder if that had killed someone, in fact it’s amazingly fortunate that it din’t.

That those responsible for Ian Tomlinson’s death will never face justice is an utter disgrace, however. Justice must be served equally, for people to trust and believe in it.

Harry_the_Spider

Cobblers.

LoCo
    Free Member

Jamie, yes totally agree, it was more a comment on a few seconds of madness and the consequences.

DrJ

Do you REALLY think that a plod would have got away with it?

How many plods have NOT got away with their violence? How many plods went to jail for the Ian Tomlinson killing, where the guy DID lose his life, not just maybe-if-he-happened-to-be-under-a-fire-extinguisher?

binners

Quiet, normally well-behaved, long-haired, middle-class student goes to prison. Oh dear. Every day is going to seem like a month. A month of rudey-botty-prod-prod no doubt.

God help him!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

@DrJ

I admire you wading in with no real thought to the point of this thread, but I think you need to realise that most, well myself certainly, do not condone the actions of the police in their kettling + horse charging shenanigans. This however does not prevent me from seeing the actions of this individual as pretty stupid and dangerous.

Anyway….

Woollard, of Dibden Purlieu, Hampshire, will serve at least half of his sentence for violent disorder in a young offenders institution.

Guardian

I think I would rather go normal prison…..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

DrJ

You are not comparing two remotely similar examples. Had Ian Tomlinson lost his life because a plod had thrown a fire extinguisher from a rooftop, killed him, then got away without charge, I would have agreed with you, but at the moment you are very, VERY far away from comparing similar situations.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I thi DrJ is just trolling! How many times has their been the “police officer thug” thread or the Ian Tomlinson thread. They are not remotely similar situations, so let’s just discuss the fire extinguisher thread. A minute of mindless muppetry has ruined his life, but the sentence is deserved, just image if that had hit someone ?

Lifer
    Free Member

I agree MF, the Tomlinson case is a lot more disturbing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, but just imagine if a copper hit someone, and, like, they died?

Oh…

How many times has their been the “police officer thug” thread or the Ian Tomlinson thread. They are not remotely similar situations, so let’s just discuss the fire extinguisher thread.

Yeah, let’s conveniently ignore the fact a man was unlawfully killed by a police officer, eh, constable Munque-Chick? 😕

And what about the young lad who suffered severe head injuries? Where’s the justice he deserves?

DrJ

I agree his actions were stupid and dangerous. And the fact that his stupid and dangerous actions are severely punished highlights the injustice that others who behaved stupidly and dangerously got off scot-free.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m not asking to ignore what happened to Tomlinson I’m just saying it’s been discussed how many times? I won’t comment on other situations as I’m only aware of what I’ve read in the press and I know (not saying they necessarily have in this case) they very often report drivel and certainly not the facts. None of us here know exactly what went on in any of those situations. except this muppet pleaded guilty.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

Two different issues

the student did something stupid and will now have to live with the consequenses, many moons ago I interviewed a lad for a job who went down for 3 years for petrol bombing a pub in brum in the 80s riots.

As for the police well

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think the distinction is that their was irrefutable evidence that the person was directly responsible for the mindless act that really could have caused death, whereas other events outlined above, however distasteful, could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt to have deliberately inflicted mortal injuries.

But, do they let the student off because the plod got off?

DrJ

they very often report drivel and certainly not the facts.

Just look at the video, constable, no need to believe journalists. This guy, at least, had the decency to admit to his actions. Fat chance of the cops ever doing that, eh?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Well said by Mastiles.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Have I missed something? Are the police throwing fire extinguishers at people in wheelchairs?

DrJ

I think the distinction is that their was irrefutable evidence that the person was directly responsible for the mindless act that really could have caused death, whereas other events outlined above, however distasteful, could not be proved beyond reasonable doubt to have deliberately inflicted mortal injuries.

What a joke. Tomlinson DIED. Alfie whotsname ended up in hospital. When a cop wields a baton against someone’s head, he does something that can predictably cause death or very serious injury. I fail to see the distinction between what muppet did, and what they do ON A ROUTINE BASIS.

But, do they let the student off because the plod got off?

No – they punish all the guilty fairly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘32 months for fire extinguisher protest student’ is closed to new replies.