• This topic has 58 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kilo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • 3 Peaks cyclocross
  • Edric64
    Free Member

Who is trying for this year? not seen any mention on here yet .I will be trying to plod round aiming for the sub 5 hour ride that I never achieve and sitting here having had a knee op may not be fit enough to achieve this year either!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Didn’t get in 🙁

Fek em’ 😆

Aiming for next year.. 😮

Have fun. 😛

Edric64
    Free Member

Entries still being taken until the 10th June .They pick the field after entries close

nosemineb
    Free Member

I have entered, last done in 2009 and I have not ridden a great deal since until March this year.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Trying again this year.
    No luck last year so hopefully!
    Max

crazy-legs

Still considering an entry.
    Did my best ever time last year though so do I really want to go back, fail to beat it and be disappointed?!

Think it’ll be my 7th if I get an entry.

Edric64
    Free Member

Will be my 8th if I get in ,failed to finish the first time so 6 completions so far

Garry_Lager

If you say that you expect to take 6hrs, will they just tell you to do one?
    Thinking of floating an entry in but might be a bit aspirational at this point in time.

Edric64
    Free Member

No you have a chance its good fun at the back ,full of jokers and pisstakers just hoping to get each other round .I take between 5.30 and 6.30 usually

Edric64
    Free Member

Anyone else ? it`s very quiet about this year regarding who is going for it ?

kilo

Mrs kilo is putting in for it. I am most definitely not

rich-c
    Free Member

Entry has gone in, I did it a couple of years ago.
    picking up a new (to me) disc CX so the descent of Pen y Gent shouldn’t be quite so traumatic 😉

Fingers crossed

2tyred

Entry in, last year was my first, can’t wait to give it another bash now I know what to expect. Absolutely loved it.

mugsys_m8

Entry in. Some demon’s to avenge after an epic series of mechanicals last year… Still my time proved that aiming to do it in 4hrs is realistic.

simonbowns
    Free Member

Here’s hoping. Got my entry in, missed out last year. Hoping for 4 hours too..

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Will be putting an entry in.

Wanted to do it the last 3 years but between Pneumonia and broken wrists I havent been able to do it as yet 🙁

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve just completed my entry, and it says a fee of £53. However I have not gone to a payment screen.

Do you only pay if they select you for entry?

Ta

crazy-legs

I’ve just completed my entry, and it says a fee of £53. However I have not gone to a payment screen.

Do you only pay if they select you for entry?

Yes, if you’re in they email you with a link to the payment page and you then have about a week to process the payment. If you don’t make the payment, you forfeit your place and they offer it to a reserve. Or at least, that’s how they’ve run it in the past, I assume it’s the same this year (having still not bothered to go and enter myself!)

Edric64
    Free Member

Well thats it entries closed last night and now the wait to see if Im in !! I dont know why I do it as Im crap and cant even get under 5 hours but am hoping to be there for the 8th time .

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Well just had an email confirming I’m in 😯

Need to up the training some what.

Trying to do a 30 mile ish hilly road ride in the week, an off road hill rep session in the week, a 50-100 mile road ride at the weekend + short 4-5 mile runs when I can, which will change to bike carrying up a steep hill runs in a month or so.

Is this ok, any better stuff I should be doing?

kilo

Mrs Kilo is in as well, cue a mild bit of swearing at me for putting her name down for this 😀

kilo

Following on from my last post, where’s good to stay in the area? Will be travelling up from London.

ta

whitestone
    Free Member

Camping, B&B or hotel?

There’s a campsite in Horton just up the road from the start.

There’s accommodation in Settle, Austwick which are a short ride from the start. We’re just down the road in the Skipton area so haven’t had need to use any. The Game Cock in Austwick might be a good shout, pub in small village just off the main A65.

martinhutch

How close do you want to be to Horton and how nice do you want it to be?

kilo

Mrs kilo doesn’t do camping at the best of times, so hotel, she would probably prefer nicer quieter end of market, I’ll be driving her around so prbably looking at under an hours drive distance wise. A quick look at google suggests skipton might be a good base

whitestone
    Free Member

If you want top end of the market then The Angel at Hetton would fit the bill.

Corporate/wedding style hotel – Coniston Cold Hotel

A lot of pubs that do B&B.

One of those things that when asked “what do you recommend?” is hard to answer but “what’s X like?” is much easier. Do a search and ask about individual establishments.

mugsys_m8

In. And unlike previous years currently have no overseas work planned so not much to hinder my training. No excuses!

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Looks like I am in this year also after a failed attempt last year!
    Gulp!!!
    Better step up the training!
    Thanks,
    Max

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Skipton is not really on the doorstep.

I’d say Coniston Hall or Woop Hall worth a look, however I have no experience of either.

Kirkby Lonsdale is a nice little town, Woop Hall just outside the town. Not too far from Windemere if your up for a couple of days.

rich-c
    Free Member

Empty inbox this morning 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

So should I wait for the reserve list to come out ?

martinhutch

Chinthurst B&B at Skipton is loverly. Decent hotel standard rooms – good breakfasts. Don’t rate any of the other Skipton hotels. There is a premier inn at Gargrave though if that’s your bag.

http://www.chinthurst.co.uk/

40 mins from Horton though.

Edric64
    Free Member

I`m in again will be staying in the YSS caving hut at the start ,you could use the Hotel Paradiso bunk house or camp in the field at the start .The Helwith pub is next door and does good food

eddie11
    Free Member

Not in 🙁

Most fun I had on a bike last year. Gutted.

Hope the drop out rate is high

tlr

Nowt on email for me so I guess I don’t have to find my running shoes at least!

Edric64
    Free Member

Over £100 a night B&B ?£6 each in the caving hut we spent £72 for the week last year ,standards may be different though .We had a great cheap holiday though

boxelder

Anywhere around Ingleton is under 30 mins. Even Kendal is under an hour. Leave time to find parking in Helwith Bridge though.

isitafox
    Free Member

What’s the deal with the dropbar rule, is that the same for any CX race?

eddie11
    Free Member

No they make up their own rules as it’s not under uci, bc, tli whatever rules.

boxelder

I rode flat bars one year – you were allowed for a couple of years (and drops 2 or 3 times). The flats had to be 500mm or some such.
    Drops are easier, faster, better…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘3 Peaks cyclocross’ is closed to new replies.