• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by core.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Center-lock to 6 bolt adaptor alignment
  • DiscJockey
    Free Member

Does anyone have experience of running 6 bolt rotors on center-lock hubs using adaptors ?

More specifically, has anyone tried this with M785 XT wheels ?

My main concern is rotor alignment. I’m contemplating a 2nd set of wheels to use when racing. My main wheels have Pro II hubs, and I don’t want to have to realign the brake caliper when swapping the wheels over.

Dickyboy

I don’t want to have to realign the brake caliper when swapping the wheels over.

you would be very lucky not to have to do this with any wheel swap

scotroutes

As above. If this is a concern, get two sets of wheels with identical hubs and rotors.

nickjb
    Free Member

You can always shim the rotor on one of the wheels. You won’t get huge range of movement but in may be enough

bigyinn
    Free Member

I gather the DT Swiss centrelock to 6 bolt adaptor is pretty good, but I suspect you’ll struggle to get identical alignment, however its only a 2 minute job to adjust the caliper.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Thanks all – that confirms what I thought; either stick to another set of Hope hubs, or realign the caliper each time…

Flaperon

don’t want to have to realign the brake caliper when swapping the wheels over.

Loosen caliper bolts, squeeze brake lever, tighten bolts again… or am I missing something?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Dont squeeze the brake lever! Do it properly and use your eyes!

core

The squeeze brake method is quick, and I don’t tend to get drag, but the caliper rarely centers well, and can normally visibly see the rotor move when brake is applied. Calipers also tend to move slightly as the bolts are torqued up.

Would be much easier if they were on a slider like on a car.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Center-lock to 6 bolt adaptor alignment’ is closed to new replies.