Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 3 castles path. Windsor to Winchester. and a riding on footpaths question
  • kimbers

Looking for some looong painful off road routes

Anyone done this, got an OS map and its marked as a national trail looks like 50/50 footpaths and bridleways looking at doing it midweek so should be quiet. Am I bad,like those guys on the peaks documentary

Failing that anyone reccomend any offroad routes down sarf

cinnamon_girl

I’ve walked most of it, just the Winchester end to do. Remember the start of this is within Windsor Great Park where you’ll most certainly get reprimanded. It used to go through Ascot Racecourse, before renovation, so again a potential problem.

To be honest, I wouldn’t bother riding it as there’s much nicer trails to ride. For a start you could get a train from Reading to Hungerford, roadie it up to Combe Gibbet then follow the ridge (Wayfarer’s Walk) all the way to White Hill, S of Kingsclere.

From here you can be creative and then you can pick up WW bridleway at Dummer to New Alresford. After this it will be mainly footpath.

kimbers

Cheers CG that’s very uselul

njee20
    Free Member

You’re allowed to ride in Windsor Great Park?

cinnamon_girl

Yes but not on a footpath!

cinnamon_girl

kimbers – not sure whether this would appeal but have you thought of following an ancient trackway? For example, the Harrow Way, the Lunway etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘3 castles path. Windsor to Winchester. and a riding on footpaths question’ is closed to new replies.