Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • 29ers. Looks like the games up!
  • wors

Clear, concise, to the point, and with a Cheryl Cole reference. What’s not to like?

erm cheryl cole?

Homo 😀

I like mountain biking to be fun, can we have reviews based on grin factor rather than if i get to the pub 4 seconds quicker than someone else.

wwaswas

it’s rubbish in Empire Red as well Love_Tubs;

[edit] that’s non disk version, though.

kimbers

thisisnotaspoon – Member

I stand corrected, that’ll teach me to skim read.

to be fair the article was a bit confusing- jonsey had already made up his mind before he wrote it imho so he kind of ignored the actual results!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yea, I read it as 29ers are awesome, skimmed through the numbers noteing that they were ~5 seconds different and left it at that. Does seem odd considdering that everyone raves about the rumblefish that it came out slower.

traildog
    Free Member

to be fair the article was a bit confusing- jonsey had already made up his mind before he wrote it imho so he kind of ignored the actual results!

Agreed. But the article did get me thinking about 29ers and I want to get a test ride of one. Where as before I might not have bothered, thinking they’re just for bearded weirdies.

binners

Just hang on a minute? There’s a pretty bloody serious issue been raised here. How can you not like Cheryl Cole, Donk? What on earths wrong with you man?!

kimbers

isnt she a racist? probably a member of ukip

ill concede shes easier on the eye than nigel farage tho

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ it’s hard enough trying to understand her never mind look at her image enhanced photo ^^

I do wonder if she has ever been ridin tho’

klumpy
    Free Member

Still getting the idea that some people would actually set out to have a bike with certain sized wheels, and/or choose a bike based on the size of the wheels… Is that actually the case!? 😯

andypaul99
    Free Member

Well I rode a 29er for the first time today and all I can say is believe the hype. 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Still getting the idea that some people would actually set out to have a bike with certain sized wheels, and/or choose a bike based on the size of the wheels… Is that actually the case!?

Why not? If I was going out shopping for a new XC bike tommorow (Ok, more likely next spring) I’d ignore anything 26″, just like I’d ignore the 20″ and 24″ bikes.

avdave2

since when has any one, ever, based a properly informed opinion on what MBUK says?

I bought a Marin East Peak in 1998 partly based on their group test, that turned out to be a good decision. It was also the last time I bought a bike magazine. I still have it somewhere.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘29ers. Looks like the games up!’ is closed to new replies.