Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • 29ers. Does anyone ride a 29er?
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

I asked this on another forum (yes, I know, boooo, hisss) and one guy (6ft 7) has a 29er.
    Which suggests the take-up is very poor thus far.
    Is that the case here on STW I wonder.
    Thanks
    Tim

paul4stones

yes

singlespeedstu

There’s loads of us.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I do and so does the wife (6’2″ and 5’7″)

Don’t let people tell you that its only for basketball player size people (although Hobbits should looks else where!)

SSP

Stoner
    Free Member

I do a (Ti29er) and so does my wife, Spartacus.

fontmoss
    Free Member

yes

TooTall
    Free Member

Don’t let people tell you that its only for basketball player size people

They can be forced to fit most any dwarf really – but it makes more sense the taller you are.

Gibbon
    Free Member

I’ve got 2.

gtkid
    Free Member

I do and am about to upgrade my frame so if anyone wants a medium rig…..

ton

i have two too.

elmarko

My favourite ever bike: Salsa el Mariachi 29er single speed, although I’ve just put gears on it because I’m racing tomorrow and the sun’s come out…

mostlyharmless
    Free Member

Yep – rigid niner sir 9

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Yes

Ti29er
    Free Member

Excellent!
    I was begining to think that I was out here, mostly on my own. The America Site has a vibrant 29er scene, but not where I normally post.
    Hope to collect my On-One Ti29er from my LBS mid week.
    Xmas has come late in 2008!
    Tim

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have one. Barely ridden it so far.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Lots of people claim to own 29ers, but as with most fads they don’t really get ridden.

bonesetter
    Free Member

About to get a 3rd one. Don’t have any 26 bike – and the 29″ is with me for the duration

singlespeedstu

Just for Mr harris some 29ers being ridden…. 😉

I’m just off out for a ride on one of em now. 😀

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Lots of people claim to own 29ers, but as with most fads they don’t really get ridden.

My drop-bar fixed gear 29er gets ridden the most 🙂

SSP

Clink

29er here – it gives others something to take the p*** out of other than my riding 😀

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I’ve got 2

perfect for my local trails

matt_outandabout

I had one, and some barsteward nicked it.

But I have a shiny new bike on its way….

lock
    Free Member

mine gets ridden more than my yeti 575,my cove stiffee, s-works ht and my p7,im 5ft 9

aviemoron
    Free Member

I’ve got one, ride it more than my 26er

ton

i am going to christen my new one on some nice rocky lakes stuff tomorrow…

mjp
    Free Member

I have 2

(I know I’ve posted this pic before, but I love this bike!)

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i’m 5’8 1/2″ in my mums heels and i had one……..it were great fun, shame it was an on-one so it broke!

allankelly

I think they were initially a bit silly but they’re dead good now. The Gary Fisher full-sus 29ers in the LBS look fab.

I rode a Singular at SSUK 08 and promptly bought one. Fan-blimmin-tastic. I’m 5’7 or 8 (wife insists 7, fnaar) and a “medium” Singular Swift (the smallest size) is perfect. I got an Exotic carbon fork for Christmas from said wife and now it’s even better. It’s been my winter commuter in training for Strathpuffer, and now it’s going to be stripped down to be a SS for Glentress ambles.

Cheers, al.

Ti29er
    Free Member

mjp. How tall are you?
    You makes the bike look like a kiddies bike (26er)!
    Tim

jfeb
    Free Member

Yes. One 29er and one (FS) 26er. 29er ridden at least twice as much as the 26″ bike. Its nice but a 26″ hardtail would be fine too.

bonesetter
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

I had one, and some barsteward nicked it.

But I have a shiny new bike on its way….

Sorry to hear your Niner never turned back up. Le tus know what you think of your new ride

IHN

Me got one, me ride it today, me like.

matt_outandabout

bonesetter – Member

Sorry to hear your Niner never turned back up. Le tus know what you think of your new ride

Aye, and shame the insurance would not stretch to a Niner RIP….

paul4stones

been riding mine all day. It’s ace.

markenduro
    Free Member

Currently have 2, inbred SS 29er and Scandal 29er which I have been out on today, great for dicking about on the local stuff and scandal worked surprisingly well on the Marin trail at Bets y Coed last time I went. Ride mine a lot, also have ti456 for more technical trails and general yobbish behaviour. I’m 5’11” tall and have no issues with them other than having to put a bit more effort into getting them round tighter corners and the scandal doesn’t seem to like braking and turning at the same time somehow.
    Also had a karate monkey a couple of years ago that was a drunken ebay purchase and was far too big for me.

paule
    Free Member

I’ve got one – was vaguely interested in them as I’m on the tall side (6’2) and then saw a really good deal on an on-one so bought it…. Most impressed with it, just converted it to a 1×9 setup rather than ss as I want to commute (with a set of road wheels) and ss takes too long on the tarmac.

Not a huge difference between the 29er and a normal mtb, except that it hooks up much better on rooty/rocky climbs (especially now it’s got gears) and that hairpins are a touch tougher.

singlespeedstu

scandal worked surprisingly well on the Marin trail at Bets y Coed last time I went

I have to ask why you thought it wouldn’t work round there? 😕

bonesetter
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member

Aye, and shame the insurance would not stretch to a Niner RIP….

RIP good…or there’s Lenz 😀

CountZero

My mate in John’s Bikes in Bath is thrashing a Gary Fisher 29er at the mo’ and loving it. They’re apparently selling quite a few 29er’s and he’s got a loaner Kona which he’s trying to get me out on, which I’m going to take him up on. Who know’s, I may end up flogging my full sus Trek and ending up with four hardtails, two 26er’s, a road 700c and a 29er.

mjp
    Free Member

Ti29er – 6’4″

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘29ers. Does anyone ride a 29er?’ is closed to new replies.