Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 29er Tyres
  • teanosugar
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a first generation Karate Monkey as a pub bike and I love it, it’s currently running full on mud tyres which are a bit aggressive for the canal and towpaths I use. There doesn’t seem to be a massive amount of tyre choice for 29ers, I like the look of Big Apples but have never used them before. Has anyone got any suggestions for a tyre that would suit my need. Bit of towpath, cycle path and tarmac.

boxelder
    tomhoward

There doesn’t seem to be a massive amount of tyre choice for 29ers

Come again?

I’m struggling to thing of a tyre that doesn’t come in 29”…

Poopscoop

^^Yep, loads of choice in 29ers.

Those geax are a very good price. Could be ideal for what you want op?

teanosugar
    Free Member

I had Schwalbe Super Moto on my old bike, I can’t find those in 29. For that sort of money I can’t go far wrong with
    the Geax

thorpie
    Free Member

Continental X Kings

thorpie
    Free Member

Although I think they are now called cross king!

mariner
    Free Member

I used BA Protection right through last winter on gravel and road. Only thing that defeated them was wet leaves. They were 29×2.35 and super bouncy once you find the sweet spot for the tyre pressure.
    Will be changing to G-One 29×2.25 for this winter.
    I also have a well scrubbed set of MKing2 Protection tyres but preferred the BAs to them.

teanosugar
    Free Member

BA?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Big Apples fine on most stuff away from mud/wet grass.

I still preferred 2.1 Nanos for an all rounder. Lighter, decent on tarmac and yet happier than semi-slicks in muddy patches. Puncture protection isn’t there though.

For fit and forget with tubes, then Schwalbe Landcruisers or Marathon would do it.

My current one-bike-for-all-duties is running 29er 2.2 Race Kings, and they are surprisingly versatile with pressure-tinkering.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘29er Tyres’ is closed to new replies.