Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 29er rear tyre that comes up small
  • Murray

I’ve got a Camber which is great except there’s very little clearance between the tyre and the annoying bridge on the swingarm.

Any suggestions for a rear tyre that comes up small so I can increase the clearance from 1mm to 2mm?

chiefgrooveguru
    PaulGillespie
    Free Member

Got the same issue on my hardtail, just fitted a Maxxis high roller II 2.3 which comes up as 2.25, 56mm I think. Fitted to a 25mm internal width rim.

GeForceJunky

I’m running a 2.0 Specialized Storm Control which is a very good winter tyre that is quite small. Come summertime then maybe switch to something that like a Minion SS.

qwerty
    Free Member

WTB Trail Boss 2.25″

BearBack
    Free Member

older generation Contis in 2.2 guise are pretty low volume.
    X-king, MK, RQ etc.

Yak

2.25 nobby nic is narrower than stated but reasonably tall.

Edit – should have read the op properly.

Try a 2.1 ground control instead.

tmass91
    Free Member

I am quite sure people have mentioned that all Maxxis options come up small. I went from a 2.4 Conti Trail King to a 2.5 DHF and the DHF looks really thin compared.

davros

What year camber is it? My 2016 (non-boost) has plenty of clearance. Had the 2014 version too and didn’t notice it being an issue.

submarined
    Free Member

Not sure I’d recommend the 2.25 Trail Boss. I tried one on my Whyte and had to change it pretty quick as it was buzzing the stays. Granted it was on a 30mm rim, but it was a big tyre.
    Switched to a 2.3 Aggressor and I’m much happier.

jbvv
    Free Member

Spesh purgatory grid 2.3 makes for a great rear tire, a bit undersized, light at just under 800g and fairly tough. not a burly rock tire like DD mind you, but a solid overall trail tire. decent price too.

Murray

Thanks all – the German db is very good. Current tyre comin up at 57.5 which is larger than most in the DB

Clearance is about 5mm to the stupid bridge

I’m going to try a Specialized Storm Control 2.0 and will report back.

tablatom
    Free Member

My 2013 Voodoo Bizango came with 2.25 Ardents on the standard 19mm rim.
    Comes up as 2.15.Great tyre all round. And cheap too.
    Get the EXO version, lasts a long time.

I also use a Schwalbe Thunder Burt 2.2. Comes up as 2.1 on the 19mm rim.
    Lighting fast tire, and if you like the rear sliding then its fun.
    Run it tubeless, at 18psi it has surprising levels of grip.
    I have the snakeskin version, worth the extra money.

crashrash

I have a similar problem on the T129RS I have – 2.25 trail boss was on but with i23 WTB rims. Gets a 2.3 DHR2 in though easily. So I reckon check on the Maxxis stuff as it should fit!

Murray

Specialized Storm Control 2.0 fitted and it’s tiny! I’ve now got a finger of clearance to the stupid bridge which came in handy in last night’s snow/mud combination.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘29er rear tyre that comes up small’ is closed to new replies.