Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 29+ Fork Options (Again)
  • sadtomato
    Free Member

So I had a search and this topic seems to have been discussed without much consensus previously.
    What are current good options for a 29+ fork with good mud clearance on a full 3″ tyre.
    I have an original green Krampus so I think limited to 120mm travel and would prefer to keep the standard spacing front hub but just wondered what I can use?

piemonster

Default answer must still be Travers Prongs.

Both myself and Scotroutes has some EBay forks that haven’t killed us yet.

To be fair, @Scotroutes has had his longer and rides more. So he’s my Mine Canary, if his shatters in a horrible accident I’ll go buy the Travers Prongs.

sadtomato
    Free Member

Sorry, piemonster – I completely forgot to mention suspension forks!
    Thanks anyway

piemonster

Ahh sorry, I just assumed 120mm was referring to the axle to crown thing.

Anyway, will watch the thread with interest.

funkmasterp

The Manitu Mattocs that came on my Trek Stache were a good fork and 120mm travel

speccyguy
    Free Member

I’m using a 2016 fox 34 (non-boost) with Bomboloni on 45mm rims with plenty of room all round.

ajantom

Manitou Magnum is a great fork. Been running one on my OG Krampus for a while.
    You’ll struggle to find a non-boost fork for 29+ tyres with good clearance.
    AFAIK the Bombolinis (as mentioned above) come up quite small. If you want to run a full fat 3incher like a DHF then you’ll need a big fork.

sanername

I have a set of 130mm st Swiss opm forks with a reverse arch that I used to run with a Dirt Wizard on a rabbit hole rim. There was pretty good clearance. They’re sitting on the shelf atm so if you want to make me an offer pop me a dm.

Andy
    munrobiker
    Free Member

Unless you get the top spec Manitou forks the damping is pretty poor (speaking as someone who generally doesn’t have the ability to tell the difference between forks). They also have very high axle to crown lengths for the travel.

I replaced a 120mm Magnum Comp with a 150mm Rockshox Revelation (2018 forks onwards, and Likes of the same age, will take plus tyres) and the a2c was within 10mm and the damping much better. I run a 3 inch Minion in it with an RRP fat guard and it’s good.

gibraltarsean
    Free Member

29+ Suss Fork, 51mm offset, 100 – 130mm, Boost …

Any availability /recommendations???

Thanks Sean
    seancawood@hotmail.com

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

I think you’ll find all rockshox and fox new range of forks come in a 29+ flavour or at very least are listed as accepting a 3″ tyre

But if you’re not looking to spend all that money then I have run a 2015 130mm fox factory 32 on my go krampus for years with no problems though mud clearance can be an issue but if it’s that muddy most forks clog up anyway.

I also have a 2018 29+ specific RS Pike RCT3 which is fantastic but will like ly be difficult to find.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘29+ Fork Options (Again)’ is closed to new replies.