Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 26 inch fox 32 on 24 inch bike
  • bsims
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

I think I have mentioned before that I wanted to put a set of fox 32s on Minis bike.

My measurements show that at 100mm they will have an AC measurement of 471mm vs 430mm on the MX 24.

TF Tuned tell me that they should be able to lower it to 80 and then revalve it for a child’s weight. This will lower the AC measuremeant to 451mm.

So with 25% sag I will be able to achieve the original AC measurement.

So the questions, is my thinking correct? And, will it work effectively?

dirkpitt74

Should be about right.
    I’ve got some Fox 80’s on my daughter bike – sagged they’re pretty close to the crappy sprung things that came off it.

bsims
    Free Member

Thanks,
    That gives me some confidence, ‘cause this will be more expensive than buying a 24inch air fork once the service is factored in.

neilforrow

I got a set of f80s on my kids bike – works spot on and didn’t need any work to set them up. I just filled the damper with a lighter weight oil.

If I could work out how to place a photo on here, I would – but this is the link:

f80 of the kids bike

bsims
    Free Member

Thanks,

His bike looks burley with those forks on!

rossburton
    Free Member

Yes, works fine, and means you can keep the forks when the wheels jump to 26″.

bsims
    Free Member

Thanks, that hadn’t occurred to me.

bsims
    Free Member

So, on Saturday morning I put the fork on his MX24 so he could try it before I sent it off for adjustment. The first issues was the head set, the fork has a lip which is part of the HS. A quick call to the lbs who have one. In the meantime I found a rusty HS from a previous bike to use for a few days.

Once put together and sag adjusted so ride height is the same; the bike looks short so I took some measurements of the ground then refitted the rigid fork and did the same. The rigid fork is very raked forwards, with the Fox 32 the bike has less trail, the front centre measurement I think it is called, is 22 mm less. So much that I think it would hit Mini’s toes when he adds a a couple of shoes sizes.

We went for 2 rides and the steering was very twitchy, Mini was wobbling all over the place. He said it was good in a straight line over bumps because it was very comfy, but he wanted it off.

Looking at him ride I don’t think it is something to get used to, I think the geometry is fully messed up. Also I think a dedicated 24 inch fork would be the same unless they are very raked out like the OEM fork.

Any suggestions? I don’t think an angle set would add enough rake to the fork.

skybluestu
    Free Member

I’m hoping to put a sus fork on a mx24 too so. Interesting to see if anyone else has any ideas as dont want to mess up the ride

bsims
    Free Member

The 2014 Fox 32 does not work with that frame and in my limited experience I don’t know of any 26in sus forks that are that raked out, I would certainly want to hear 1st hand of something like RST first 24 on an mx24 before I bought a set.

SR Suntour don’t seem to sell the model of fork fitted to the Mx 24 trail as an aftermarket fitment.

Others have had great success with other frames though

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘26 inch fox 32 on 24 inch bike’ is closed to new replies.