Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 24h DT Swiss Tricon open crowfoot re rim
  • BearBack
    Free Member

I’m exploring the idea of taking a set of DT Swiss Tricon 1550’s and re rimming with a wider rim as the 19mm internal isn’t really up to current ‘trends’ and gives a very rounded profile on a 2.3 tyre

Keeping hub and spokes as is. DT Tech say the ERD is 541mm that also factors in the nipple boats. I cant however get hub shell dimensions from them as they wouldn’t be useable in a spoke calc as the the hubs aren’t ’round’

Stans 26″ rims get close at 542mm, however not available in 24h drilling.
    LB rims end up being deeper so now we are talking a 534mm ERD.. what effect would using inverted/internal nipples have on virtual ERD (i.e. effectively allowing the use of longer spokes)

Any thoughts?

swanny853

Good luck, let me know if you succeed! He other half has tricons and I’ve pretty much writtnw them off when the rims die- I thought they were built for a much higher tension than usual so normal (certainly non eyeletted) rims wouldn’t last long

BearBack
    Free Member

Tension looks to be 150n more than a Spline wheel.

Its still just aerolite/new aero spokes and nipples though so I don’t see any reason you wouldn’t just tension to suit the rim on hand.

An Arch Mk3 will take 1225N max tension, minimum tolerated on the Tricon ‘system’ on the rear is 1200N rear, 900N front. Presumably the hub doesn’t need to have minimum system tension applied and its rim dependent?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘24h DT Swiss Tricon open crowfoot re rim’ is closed to new replies.