Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 2023 UCI Mountain Bike World Series Dates & Venues and How To Watch
  • weeksy

24-17 August, Pal Arinsal

gbozo49

No Fort William?

GavinB

World Champs are there in August.

weeksy

That’s not a UCI round, it’s the world championships

dirkpitt74

Any news on how much it’s going to cost to watch on Discovery+?

weeksy

£6.99 a month. POtentially only needed for the months of racing and can cancel.

Some Sky subscriptions may have it free, as may also BT Sport subscribers…

dirkpitt74

@weeksy thanks – will check my sky subscription to see if we get it!

mashr

weeksy
    £6.99 a month. POtentially only needed for the months of racing and can cancel.

Has that actually been confirmed? I thought that was just the current Discovery+ sub. Would be very strange if it wasn’t somehow rolled (maybe 2 options I suppose) into GCN+, especially when they covered a couple of live races last year as a tester.

dirkpitt74

Looks like I’m sorted – I get free Discovery+ with my Sky Q package.
    Hopefully it includes the MTB stuff.

Rubber_Buccaneer

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnxFgVHo_Gz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Now I just have to decide whether Discovery+ or GCN+ is most likely to offer anything extra that I’ll watch.

ericf
    Free Member

You probably want to edit this article that mentions “Kicking things off is the Enduro series down in New Zealand in March.”. The double header in March is in Tasmania. Not sure the locals of Maydena and Derby will be too chuffed.

arkike
    Free Member

EDR in Derby? Where exactly?

dirkpitt74

@arkike – Tasmania….

Ben_Haworth

All this year’s UCI Mountain Bike World Series dates and venues in one handy place. Elite level Downhill, XC, Enduro and Marathon events.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

2023 UCI Mountain Bike World Series Dates & Venues and How To Watch

desperatebicycle

“You can watch the UCI Mountain Bike World Series on the Eurosport App”

Even better than that! I can watch it on the Eurosport channel on my tellybox.

Comes included with the base Sky package, I’m pretty sure.

weeksy

Certainly comes on mine yes.

Assuming they have the coverage right, this could be MASSIVE for the sport

desperatebicycle

XC Short track or summink live on Euro1 from 4:45pm tomorrow, so we’ll see

suspendedanimation
    Free Member

Downloaded to my TV, not hit subscribe, but looks like discovery is 3.99 a month. I don’t have sky or anything, that’s stand alone. Cheaper if annual up front

docrobster
    Free Member

£39.99 for a year of GCN+. Just subscribed this week. In time for the giro too. The player is a bit shit on my Samsung tv. Randomly stops and restarts somewhere else you’ve already watched. Did it 350 metres from the end of the stage 6 highlights tonight. Most annoying. Hope it works better on live stuff.

ampthill

I’m on GCN+ here. I’m happy at £40 a year. Mainly for the giro and other road races. Some good documentaries.

Loads of the stuff is also on Eurosport with adverts

hutchweb

I pay for Eurosport, get all the cycling then winter sports as well. Love Biathlon. Can watch most stuff ad free, live and replay. We use a chrome cast to throw it to the TV.

BruceWee

I signed up for GCN+.

Very disappointed so far.  The only device I can get it to work on is the Android tablet.  Trying to watch on a browser on my PCs, it stop for a second every three to four seconds.  Happened on two laptops on every browser I tried.

Saying that, I was trying to watch the Giro the other day and the quality was terrible on the tablet.  Low resolution and kept buffering.  Not a problem with my network.

In retrospect it was stupid to sign up for the entire year but £39.99 seemed like a good price.

Definitely try before you buy.

snotrag

Has anyone managed to confirm whether the actual racing, works on the ‘free’ Discovery+ access that sky customers get (through Sky Q, Sky Glass, or specifically Sky Stream)?

There was mention that you dont actually get the same level of content as a proper, standalone Discovery+ account.

I’m strongly considering consolidating all my various subscriptions (now tv for the F1, eurosport,  Netflix etc) into one Sky Stream Account and ability to watch the MTB racing is a key factor!

The very fact that this is the key topic of conversation is interesting – if you look at all the social feeds relating to the new season, it is the number one topic of discussion/confusion/annoyance/agression.

This weekend will be very telling, if they dont do a superb job of the coverage after a year of mixed hype and confusion, people are going to be very upset, me included!

ragsdog1
    Free Member

i have just seen the world cup xc i say its is crap come on uci lets have world cups back on red bull tv but it do not work on discovery we are seeing only some of the xcraceing do any on agree on this

dirkdestijl
    Free Member

Thought in general the GCN+ coverage of the XC World Cup was excellent this weekend – plenty of live coverage of Elite and U23 – Great Camera coverage covering all the track – I even like the Rick Mac and Bart B commentary link up with Cedric Gracia popping in for a chat. Only problem was lack of coverage of those racing behind the leaders. The whole Live show set up was ok but Bart seems to be centre stage in the new coverage.

robertajobb

I’ve been using GCN+ for over a year (since it kicked off).
    I’m using it on a couple of android devices (Samsung phone and Samsung tablet).
    Not had any problems to report, whether highlights, live, or the documentaries (I got it as much as anything for the documentaries whilst on the turbo last winter, as I can’t stand zwift. Then found it was worth it just for a couple of the spring classics coverage.

I was scrolling through the forthcoming races and the Fort Bill World Champs is not listed as far as I see (whilst all the other DHI, XC rounds of the World Cup are. So I’m now wondering if the world champs DH is actually on GCN+

rickmeister

Signed on for a year with GCN and it works perfectly streamed to a Mac Mini and the telly. Coverage was good, commentary fine and though I do miss Rob W, the current team are pretty good.

GCN also has some good documentaries which I found were pretty watchable too.

Overall, pretty good.

I have tickets for Lenzerheide DH and XC weekend so I wonder what an actual event will be like without RedBull or, after seeing NM-NM, no Mercedes either.

robertajobb

I decided yesterday the annual fee was worth it just for Jens Voigt’s commentary from the back of a motor bike whilst it was piiiishing down in Italy on the shortened stage of the Giro.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.