Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2022 Fox 34 Grip 2 Review | The king of trail forks?
  • singletrackandi

Andi rides and reviews the 2022 Fox 34 Grip 2, a trail fork he thinks you should have at the very top of your wish list. A couple of weeks ago I poste …

By singletrackandi

Get the full story on our front page at:

2022 Fox 34 Grip 2 Review | The king of trail forks?

Support us and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

Anne

Sad Fox have chosen to ignore the 27.5 market. This fork would suit bikes like the Orange Five Evo. I’ll just have to stick to my old 2016 FIT4 model.

grum
    Free Member

Wait, is 27.5 being phased out already? :-/

ayjaydoubleyou

Heard a suggestion that all forks are going to be 29, but 650b front wheel bikes will still exist

Slight geometry tweak needed to account for the extra inch of a-c length.

Doesn’t help those wanting to upgrade their existing 650 bikes though.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I remember back in the day when 2022 stuff would have come out in 2021 and everyone would moan about how ridiculous it was, happy times.  I wonder when this will be available, 2023?

robertajobb

Should I buy a couple of pairs of tyres to stash away for the future on my non-boost 27.5 thst has a double and bash crankset and front mech?

ragsdog1
    Free Member

</when the fox forks are going to be in for testing riding in the mag .

ayjaydoubleyou

Should I buy a couple of pairs of tyres to stash away for the future on my non-boost 27.5 thst has a double and bash crankset and front mech?

Tyres should be ok – you will have enough people who have switched to 29ers with a shed full of barely used 650 tyres.

I’d be more worried about that front mech, dicing with death there…

lawman91

Looks like Andi is running the new SRAM rotors too, press release imminent on those?

MSP

They are still doing 650 for the 36’s, which I would have thought be more suitable for an orange 5 evo anyway.

Daffy

£1100! ELEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS. My goodness – coupled to a rear shock, bicycle suspension is now as expensive as custom, fully adjustable coilovers for a racecar.

zerocool

How can you ride with forks smaller than 38? Won’t you die due to the flex? Preposterous to consider less.

On a serious note, a slightly narrower fork looks much nicer on things like hardtails and contrary to what the marketeers would have us believe, a bit of fkex isn’t all bad.

BearBack
    Free Member

Is this not a 2022 Fox 34 Grip2 in 27.5?

According to the MPN its a 2021 fork

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2022 Fox 34 Grip 2 Review | The king of trail forks?’ is closed to new replies.