Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2018 Revs set up help
  • superstu
    Free Member

Bought a new bike earlier in the year that came with these forks and can’t seem to get them set up brilliantly. I normally have a quick play with settings and find something that works, and fine tune from there.

I don’t seem to use much of the travel – I get sag set to around 25% but use only around half of the 130mm travel. If I put less air in the fork then I have way too much sag. I wound all compression off as this seemed to help small bump sensitivity.

Earlier I let all the air out although I think I recall there’s a second chamber to push all the air out to help ‘reset’ – any clue how I do that? No idea how many tokens are in there so maybe I need to get someone to look at them, just wondered what I can do before I get to that stage.

Sorry for the ramble…

frogstomp

I think the 130mm Rev comes with 3 tokens by default (although may be different on an OEM fork). They’re very easy to change – just let all of the air out and unscrew the air-side cap, (un)clip the spacers, do it back up and put air back in.

When pumping back up you probably want to cycle the forks every 10 psi to let the positive and negative chambers equalize.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Fiddle with the tokens yourself. I think it is a 24mm socket, or an adjustable wrench and a very careful approach.

timbog160

Get yourself a spanner from Epic bleed solutions then you can fiddle with tokens to your hearts content. And the matt anodised finish is wonderfully tactile!

superstu
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. I don’t weigh much so think taking tokens out will help! Cheers for the advice.

claudie

I’ve exactly the same problem and weigh 68kg. So do you use less tokens if you are light?

Thanks

superstu
    Free Member

Claudie – I’m the same weight and yes I think that’s the principal. They’re there to stop you blowing through travel and ramp up to prevent harsh top out.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Got a set of these on a bike for the wife. Before even riding them, I replaced the debonair spring with the new 2019 version and gave them a proper clean and lube. They feel better now, but have not been ridden in anger yet.

Next step with be lighter oil in the motion control damper.

If that’s not good enough, it will be a new damper – which will basically turn it into a Pike.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

I have the revs and had a few issues until I read the instructions…. add air – remove pump – compress forks 5x to min half way – reattach pump – set exact pressure required. It seemed to work as the forks work brilliantly. Note – mine maybe 2019 forks as on a 2019 version bike.

superstu
    Free Member

Got one of those epic spanner’s and changing tokens was ridiculously easy as you kind people told me. Difficult to test in the garage but will be out tomorrow to see what difference it makes, and now I know how easy it is to play with tokens I can hopefully get something which suits.

joebristol

I’d have thought the fork would be more
    Linear if you’ve removed tokens. The moco damper ramps up quite hard anyway – I had a Yari that came with maybe 2 tokens in. I removed them both in the end. 160mm travel / weigh about 80kgs. No bottoming our still – in the end I threw the moco away and put in a charger 2 damper and a 2019 debonair airshaft. Now running one token and it’s amazing!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2018 Revs set up help’ is closed to new replies.