Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,710 total)
  • 2016 Olympic Cycling (Spoilers likely!)
  • crazy-legs

Can’t wait til the TT’s start and we can drag this thread back on topic… 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

Except they were talking about those road edges in the previews. Or at least CB was – you certainly can’t say that his POV is from hindsight. It’s the duty of organisers of such events to imagine what might happen (I know when I organised a race including a bike leg I rode the intended route a couple of times, solely in order to try and work out where any hazards were and changed the route slightly as a result, and that was for a race involving ~30 people) – it’s not like it was an isolated incident or a freak occurrence.

Sorry – maybe we should get the mods to shut it for a couple of days and start a new separate thread for discussion of the dangers of the course and crashing? That or just let this one run and start a new thread for the TTs and track, as I don’t think there’s going to be much more discussion of the racing here.

chakaping
    Free Member

Nibbles update, seems he’s gonna be able to ride later in the season…
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/nibali-undergoes-successful-collarbone-surgery/

igm

Wrong size water bottles that fell out of cages, moto feeds not numbered so we didn’t know where we were in the race, and a lack of run-off / protection of hard street furniture.

Not highly professional organisation.

franksinatra

Having watched the facebook vid it is now clear to me that the problem is a lack of advanced Moto riders. They only had about 100, clearly should have had double that.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I reckon they’re only there to build up tension… “ooh, is it the rider yet?”… “NOOOO,, it’s just another motorbike”

IHN

franksinatra – Member
    I’ve been posting on STW for many years (10+?) but I still find myself caught off-guard by the amount of keyboard expert bullshit bellendery posted by some people.

Quite.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Well, lets just say its a shame we’ve ended up talking about crashes as we were really treated to great racing on both days.

From a Team GB perspective i thought we did great too, with the mens team making some nice agressive racing, and Lizzie doing a good performance too.

Looking ahead, think we are shaping up for a good XC event. If this weekends WC is anything to go by, womens race in particular is wide open with at least 4 potential winners.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

You win the insensitive and stupid prize for today

I’m a day late seeing this , can i still claim my prize 😆

Still don’t think the crash was that bad to watch, certainly seen worse stuff broadcast on tv but I’m obviously not as sensitive as some people!

Anyway i don’t do internet arguments as they just make you look stupid (quite a few people on here could do with taking note of that 😉 )

Everytime these topics go this way this picture always pops into my head 😆

philxx1975
    Free Member

When the TdF was in Yorkshire there were many situations where the road ended with a dry stone wall, and no one complained

No there was definitely some bloke from giant threw his toys out the pram , oh and over the top of Stocksbridge where the tour went there were 12% grades that end in wall, wire fence, immovable object ,20 foot drop ,sheep.

crazy-legs

The Australian Women’s Team Pursuit squad crashed in practice yesterday doing a near race speed run. Fortunately they all seem OK, Melissa Hopkins was taken to hospital but released shortly afterwards.

Touch of wheels on Turn 3, the only rider to escape it was Annette Edmondson who was on the front.

Hope they’re OK for Thursday, can always guarantee a great fight for the medals in Team Pursuit.

jam-bo

Were there any hay bales on turn three, sounds dangerous. 😉

igm

No need. They build those velodromes with banked run off areas in the bends. 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Geraint Thomas called up for TT duties tomorrow.

njee20
    Free Member

In whose place?

Yak

One of those who crashed out in the road race.
    Nibali, Porte? Spaces have just become available and GB moves up the order for spares.

donald
    Free Member

van Vleuten seems to be on the mend thankfully

Twitter link

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thats great news twice AvV and Thomas

igm

Good

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Well done BBC, talking about today’s time trial with a graphic showing the MTB course 🙄

crazy-legs

Men’s will be between Tom Dumoulin and Chris Froome, I don’t think anyone else will get close to them.

Women’s – wouldn’t even like to hazard a guess with that but the uncertainty of that will make it more interetsing to watch.

crazy-legs

Also it’s windy and rainy in Rio which will add a nice extra dimension. And possibly extra crashiness… 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

Not sure the conditions will be good for Emma – she’ll get blown all over the place

IHN

Conditions look hooooorible…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Aero mudguards. That’s what they need!

IHN

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah, the “Marginal Gains Cape”

aracer
    Free Member

They’re riding like grannies on this first bit. I wonder if there will be carnage on the first descent?

Houns

Enjoying watching whilst shoving sausage rolls in to my face

irelanst
    Free Member

Men’s will be between Tom Dumoulin and Chris Froome

Dumoulin has a broken wrist doesn’t he? That’s got to be a problem on any climbs.

aracer
    Free Member

Shouldn’t you be stuffing one of these in your face?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Broken wrist in windy conditions as well, harder to keep control.
    Tony Martin is in with a good chance, I’d say.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Surprise package Dennis to go for it, been setting up all year

Houns

That’ll be for pudding

aracer
    Free Member

Emma definitely looking like a triathlete on that first corner 😈

Almost 3 weeks since Dumoulin’s broken arm, and he was reportedly back riding within days, it’s plausible it won’t cause him that big a problem.

cokie

Looks slippery! I bet Brazil re-tarmacked some of the roads & put new markings down which probably doesn’t help.

Houns

As much as I like taking the pee out of things I have to say it looks bloody hairy

christhetall
    Free Member

What are the odds on Thomas not crashing today ?

fifeandy
    Free Member

Not taking that bet – he is getting something of a reputation

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,710 total)

The topic ‘2016 Olympic Cycling (Spoilers likely!)’ is closed to new replies.