• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,961 through 7,000 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • Kryton57

That should be a shoe in for Cips, Ford should not be on the plane. Good match, obvious rust but Jones selections choices seem to bear fruit.

Enlarges future looking like it could be bright.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Any major injuries from either side?

Lydiate out of NZ tour with a shoulder injury.

Replaced by Blues Flanker Ellis Jenkins.

anagallis_arvensis

At least Jenkins is an openside! Will be good experience for him.

dantsw13

That’s a big loss. Hopefully Warbutton is fit.

anagallis_arvensis

Lydiate hasnt been great recently but we will certainly be needing tacklers v NZ.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Back to that All Blacks squad:

Lima Sopoaga (Southland, one Test)

It struck me that ABs caps don’t exactly come easily. That cap came as he started at 10 against the Boks in Jo’burg in the RC last year. He was pivotal in the 27-20 win and played the full 80. Not quite the same as coming on with 10 mins left in a 50 point route against weaker opposition.

Here he is in action last week:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVjtWILuG0M[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice coaching example of how to do a flat pass – kiwi style 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ford should not be on the plane

Jones gave him strong praise after the game. Its the coaches view that counts

DanW
    Free Member

I thought it was quite interesting how Woodward and Greenwood were very positive around Ford but pretty damning of Burrell looking after his own interests and playing for a strong personal showing (I think those were their words) rather than team interests at times…

anagallis_arvensis

Back to that All Blacks squad:

Can we not?

Ford v Farrel thats what I want to talk about

DezB
    Free Member

Here he is in action last week:

Single moment of flash in otherwise totally solid play, including a superb try. Shrugged it off in the half-time interview as something the coach said to try and said he nearly pulled his hamstring – then ran off to the dressing room as if embarrassed!
    I don’t think they’ll miss Carter too much. 🙂

Kryton57

I’m struggling to see what Ford is offering. Poor goal kicking, woeful defence and not much else. He’s a liability which needs Farrell outside him, which then negates one of the 4/5 decent cented we have.

Get Cips in which fixes that.

tallie
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member
    which then negates one of the 4/5 decent cented we have.

Assuming you meant centres – where are they then as they don’t appear to have been selected recently?

I think Jones is sticking with Ford as despite his woeful performance in many areas he’s one of the few England backs that appear able to fix a man and release a back line.

England backs still appeared incapable of passing the ball down the line yesterday without running sideways or passing behind and checking the player – schoolboy stuff. I only saw the highlights but still saw a number of opportunities squandered – notably Care’s break where there was a 2 on one overlap if he’d have straightened and passed and the turnover ball which should have caused problems but was easily defended by Wales because we (Josephs?) passed the ball behind the player. We scored from Care’s break after a couple of extra phases but Aus may not give us that opportunity.

wrecker
    Free Member

I thought it was quite interesting how Woodward and Greenwood were very positive around Ford

SCW said at one point “Danny Cipriani must be watching this and feeling very hard done by” or words to that effect whilst blasting little George, he was anything but positive towards him.
    Jones was looking after his player after he had a stinker, that’s what a coach (and man) like Jones does. It’s one of the reasons I like him.

DanW
    Free Member

The two aren’t mutually exclusive Wrecker. The comment that Cips will be wondering why he won’t be involved with the first team over the Summer is obvious with such little contribution from Ford during the game, but that was followed by the two agreeing that the stress Ford is under isn’t helped by those around him and Burrell seemed to be singled out especially which was kind of interesting (we’ve said before it seemed like Burrell appears to have p1ssed on someone chips at some point and Woodward/ Greenwood didn’t seem to have a lot of love for him)

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think Jones is sticking with Ford as despite his woeful performance in many areas he’s one of the few England backs that appear able to fix a man and release a back line.

This

So @aa and wrecker how much should be we have beaten Wales by if Farrell was playing ? Would we have even scored a try with him at 10 ?

Cirpriani is (sadly) a serial train crash off the field – frankly I am surprised he is in any white shirt. When is his sentencing for drink driving (assuming he was found guilty, I didn’t see any press)

wrecker
    Free Member

So @aa and wrecker how much should be we have beaten Wales by if Farrell was playing ? Would we have even scored a try with him at 10 ?

****ing loads. How many tries have bath scored this year? What about saracens?
    It does piss me off when people let their personal dislike of someone get in the way of the fact that they are playing fantastic rugby, and when their pet player is playing garbage. Ford released nobody, he kicked (to nothing) all the time. He was crap. The telegraph gave him 3/10.

dantsw13

Well at least the 12 simple points Ford missed.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

frankly I am surprised he is in any white shirt. When is his sentencing for drink driving (assuming he was found guilty, I didn’t see any press)

Well, as Eddie Jones (rightly) pointed out – he doesn’t need to drive a car on the field so it doesn’t matter.

Thing is, some English backs can fix a man and give a pass – Ford, Cipriani, Joseph, Slade, Watson, Daly etc and some can’t – Brown, Burrell, Farrell, Care etc.

dantsw13

Jambalaya – have you seen Farrell playing at 10 for Sarries this year? Against top level euro competition he has played at a different level.

DanW
    Free Member

As much as it pains me to write it, Farrell is far and away the best 10 of the home Nations, if not the NH. Sure he isn’t a mercurial attacking talent but he isn’t doing a lot wrong at the moment and will keep the scoreboard ticking over at any opportunity. Basics yes… and easy to knock but if it were so easy then everyone should be as reliable and solid as him, non?

duckman

He is always right,remember?

wrecker
    Free Member

I would also say that if any of the ireland team (full pardon for Healy if it’s him) puts Etzebeth on his backside via a swinging arm during the tour, I’ll buy Darcy a 6 pack of whykickcamoocow and deliver it to him.

duckman

What; has Bitey Burger retired?

wrecker
    Free Member

Burger was a cheating bastard, but etzebeth is just a cheapshot dealing, bullying….player. I despise the….person.
    (trying to tidy the old language up, jnr is picking things up)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland Squad for 3 Test Tour

Jack McGrath (Leinster)
    Dave Kilcoyne (Munster)
    Rory Best (Ulster) (captain)
    Richardt Strauss (Leinster)
    Sean Cronin (Leinster)
    Mike Ross (Leinster)
    Tadhg Furlong (Leinster)
    Finlay Bealham (Connacht)
    Devin Toner (Leinster)
    Ultan Dillane (Connacht)
    Iain Henderson (Ulster)
    Quinn Roux (Connacht)
    Donnacha Ryan (Munster)
    CJ Stander (Munster)
    Jamie Heaslip (Leinster)
    Sean Reidy (Ulster)
    Jordi Murphy (Leinster)
    Rhys Ruddock (Leinster)

Backs (14):

Conor Murray (Munster)
    Kieran Marmion (Connacht)
    Eoin Reddan (Leinster)
    Johnny Sexton (Leinster)
    Paddy Jackson (Ulster)
    Robbie Henshaw (Connacht)
    Stuart Olding (Ulster)
    Luke Marshall (Ulster)
    Jared Payne (Ulster)
    Dave Kearney (Leinster)
    Keith Earls (Munster)
    Luke Fitzgerald (Leinster)
    Andrew Trimble (Ulster)
    Rob Kearney (Leinster)

(Although Luke Fitz is out as well now after an injury in the Pro12 final, possibly replaced by Healy (he of the Connaght Healys).

With half the RSA RWC squad missing through retirements, playing abroad and, even, the other controversial thing, this could have been a chance for a strong green machine squad to land a first ever (test) victory on South African soil. Looking at that ^^ squad, I can’t see it. No C.Healey (I know he’s a **** but at least he’d be the kind of **** you’d need in RSA), No SOB, no TOD (wedding), we’re ****. 🙂 I assume Sexton will get battered during the first test meaning out of favour Madigan will be on the plane for the subsequent tests. Hope to see Paddy Jackson get some time as well. I don’t think I’m being too pessimistic in predicting 0-3 over the series.

EDIT: Only 5 Munster players reflecting what a pile of poo they’ve been this season. 😐 Hope to see more Connaght players on the horizon seeing as they pretty much beat Ireland to win the Pro12. 🙂

DanW
    Free Member

So then DD… how have Connacht managed to turn around their fortunes so spectacularly? A combination of the coaching set up and making the most of a RWC year? Does their achievement give the Men of Gwent hope to take Pro 12 glory next season? 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

how have Connacht managed to turn around their fortunes so spectacularly?

More money mostly

namastebuzz
    Free Member

What; has Bitey Burger retired?

I think he was listed as injured in the Boks squad announcement.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Sexton ruled out of SA tour after operation for a shoulder injury sustained in the Pro12 final.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

Was reading about this last night on the42. We were **** enough before…we’re even more **** now. Madi-gone back on the plane then I suppose.

jambalaya
    Free Member

At the risk of seeming to be a little obsessed I checked on Cirpriani as I am surprised he was picked for Saxons, seems after having lost his case to try and have the drink driving trial thrown out it was scheduled for May 23, this now seems to have been pushed back again as there is no reporting of a case, i wouod have thought he woukd have rather got it out of the way so his Wasps career can get started with a relatively clean slate. He’s going to be convicted imo so he can forget England.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Madi-gone back on the plane then I suppose.

Indeed.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

At the risk of seeming to be a little obsessed

Oh no, not at all…….. 😯

He’s going to be convicted imo so he can forget England

I don’t really think that’s gonna influence Eddie Jones. Unlike Lancaster he’s not treating his squad like naughty schoolboys. If Cips performs on the field he’ll still have a chance of getting back in. Like anyone else.

He doesn’t drive a car on the field. It is what he does on the field which counts.

anagallis_arvensis

He’s going to be convicted imo so he can forget England.

Never did his HRH Tinsal any harm or Danny Care

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cips was trying to break into he side, he was given a chance prior ro RWC and what did he do the night after a decent performance ? Drink drivingbis a bit more than naughty schoolboy. He’s toast imo.

anagallis_arvensis

World Rugby has introduced a number of law changes to the northern hemisphere game in an effort to stop simulation.

Any player who dives or feigns injury in an effort to influence match officials will be liable for sanction.

At the 2015 Rugby World Cup in England, officials were instructed to sin-bin players who committed those offences.

Players who need to be substituted because of an injury following foul play will no longer count as one of their team’s six allotted replacements.
    From beeb, **** me they dont help themselves do they. Does this mean bugger benches?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Does this mean bugger benches?

I hope not – they might be a bit painful to sit on…..

onehundredthidiot

When was the rule on a flying wedge dropped. Seen lots of examples this season. Bound for the contact then slipping up the side to break the tacklers contact.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t get the simulation rule stuff… how big an issue has it been? Anyone know of any serious examples?

Viewing 40 posts - 6,961 through 7,000 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.