• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,761 through 5,800 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • andylaightscat
    Free Member

AA, yep, that’s naughty, but will he be cited?

wrecker
    Free Member

Had it about him yesterday didn’t he? I reckon his championship is probably over. Be juicy when him and Lee meet again though.

anagallis_arvensis

I’d not bet against a gypsy boy in a bare knuckle!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

I think it depends whether the press will pick up on thr gypsy boy comment. Forearm is cut and dry.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Marler has followed orders and apologised for the gypsy comment. Thereby admitting he said it.

Full on damage limitation mode from the RFU.

theotherjonv

seems he apologised in person at half time. I suspect they’ll get him for the forearm anyway.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nice to see the Scots in the lead – just what Engalnd want

And #1 boring in and getting the penalty – the joys of the scrum penalty lottery!!!

duckman

All the England fans feeling dirty hoping for a Scottish win?

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

hoping for a Scottish win?

Yes first time ever in my life, it feels wrong 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scotland CAN score tries!

Oh, and continued penaltywang at scrums.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why dirty? Natural to support Scotland against France. I am sure you would do the same.

Nice to get back to rugby instead of trial by videos/ mike/gif

Nice blocking (and SH-style shirt tug) – we used to get pinged for that in the old days. 😉

Agree with comments ^ re line outs. Not lining up on the mark, throws down the players line not the middle etc. hookers have to work out early where the ref is going to draw the line 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d hope that Marler faces a citing for both the punch/elbow/forearm and the comment. A half-time apology isn’t going to suffice for what is a zero-tolerance issue.

Kind of approaching an entertaining game here between Scotland and France. Let’s have none of that here please. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d hope that Marler faces a citing for both the punch/elbow/forearm and the comment. A half-time apology isn’t going to suffice for what is a zero-tolerance issue.

I agree.

Also rather enjoying this game.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Hogg 😯 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well played Scotland. Looking forward to the Ireland-Scotland game now. Should be a cracker of a warm-up before the big game. Wales should destroy Italy…they’ve shipped 157 points against average teams so far. Home advantage might tell for Ireland but it’s a tough one to call. England should destroy that French team. They’re awful.

wrecker
    Free Member

Wouldn’t be right if we didn’t thank the scots for that, jolly well done chaps. You’ve fone English rugby a solid favour there 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Although the French will be fired up next week.

gordimhor

President Hoggy

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes, very well played Scotland and thank you!

dantsw13

That French team can play though! If only they had chosen a proven SH coach 4 years ago, they could be RWC champions with the talent available. One day they will click and slaughter somebody – hopefully not next week but I’m sure the usual suspects here would love it.

They wil either be sulking and roll over, or give us a right old game.

dantsw13

I am genuinely pleased for Scotland too. For the 6N to produce teams to challenge the SH, it needs competitive games week in week out.

onehundredthidiot

Scotland don’t stand a chance in Dublin.

Joubert is running the line.

igm

No. Say it ain’t so.

igm

In other news, I think we found the Welsh defence – wearing Scotland tops.

onehundredthidiot

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/36162.php#.VuWmmPmLTIV

pdf says yes. Odds on ref going down to be replaced by CJ?

wrecker
    Free Member

Also Marler being investigated for racial abuse.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Francis had been cited for making contact with the eye area.

No news on Marler being cited for punching Evans. Either way it sounds like he’s in trouble, if not for that but for what as said to Lee. Silly boy either way.

Good win for Scotland today and France even tried to play some rugby. Wonder if they’ll turn up next week?

Bear
    Free Member

No place for Marlers actions in any walk of life. Lengthy ban, rest of season should give him time to think of his actions.
    Welsh prop will be lucky not to receive long ban either, despite intent or not, contact with eyes is usually dealt with harshly, except in France apparently.

IdleJon

Keddie’s citing is unfortunate. He picked the English 10 up but the 10 weighs about one third of Keddie, so got swung around like a rag doll and dumped on his head. Simply down to the difference in size. Other than that Keddie was excellent and got a deserved MotM.

anagallis_arvensis

The Marler elbow doesnt really deserve a citing as not a red card offence imo. But what really pisses me off is the inconsistent nature of video refs, they miss so much that is obvious, a number of neck rolls are missed then one picked up. High tackles missed, obvious stuff. That Marler elbow should have been picked up. Cole should have been given the try and Marler binned, it was clear for all to see. Does my head in wtf are they looking at. Englands pen at the start of the second half had a clear neck roll by ab england player just before it. Pen should have been reversed. There’s too many mistakes every game. Just get rid of tmo interferring over foul play because they miss too much.
    And why has Marler not been cited over the abuse, its in the rules not to do it. A games rest would make the point ignorring it is not good enough.

theotherjonv

why has Marler not been cited over the abuse,

Still being reviewed, I read earlier.

anagallis_arvensis

How many teviews does it need, i needed 3 views of the video to identify that he at least has a case to answer. The fact that he has admitted it already must help surely?

duckman

Marler not cited,so he has dodged a bullet.Despite anything anybody else says,that was deliberate. He will get 4 weeks for the abuse,although there may be a loading on account of how public it was,as it is on the lower end.

dantsw13

aa – I agree over the inconsistency – lots of obvious high tackles missed. The nature of modern pro rugby also means there will always be contact between body parts and heads. Take Warburton for example. Hit in the head by a knee from his own player. If that had been an English knee, there would be howls for a red card and a ban. Is it any less reckless from one of his own players?

anagallis_arvensis

Despite anything anybody else says,that was deliberate.

But was it worth a red card. If I was the ref and had the tmo been awake I’d have given the try then disallowed it for the offence!

duckman

If that had been an English knee, there would be howls for a red card and a ban. Is it any less reckless from one of his own players?

Posted 2 minutes ago #Report-Post

err….I will say yes.

dantsw13

Duckman – if you gave me full video footage of the game to trawl through, I can bet there would be 10/20 incidents far worse than Marlers. We only saw that one because of the try review.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I can bet there would be 10/20 incidents far worse than Marlers

There’d be more if it wasn’t for citing the incidents that are seen.

igm

Dantsw13 – are you suggesting that the whole England side are dirty players and not just Marler? 😉

I’m sure that’s not true. Well, fairly sure.

Pigface
    Free Member

I want it put on the record that I really don’t like Eddie Jones, disliked him as Aussie coach now find him sickening to look at and to listen too. Funny how the english press who used to vilify him now seem to like his charming edgy bullcrap.

Maybe I am getting to much stick in work this morning to be rational 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 5,761 through 5,800 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.