Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • 2013 Specialized stuntjumper fsr
  • nickyg1987
    Free Member

Tinmann, do you hsve any regrets buying the 26??? Also could you tell me your thoughts on the bike overall?? I would appreciate the info

renton
    Free Member

Heres my current stumpy…..

I love em, this is my 4th stumpy 🙂

Running 150mm fox float and full xt.

Cheers

Steve

nickyg1987
    Free Member

Hi Renton, what sort or riding do u do on this and does it tick all the boxes for you or do you feel that u could benefit from the 29 version??

burmaboy
    Free Member

ive test ridden all the spesh mtb range for 2013. stumpy 29 is fricking awesome. especially if you get one with a brain. it works flawlessly. ive been riding dirt, trials, dh, xc etc for 15 years ob 26. still love em but unless you are a super technical rider you’l probably love a 29er more than a 26.

renton
    Free Member

Hi mate I ride anything and everything on it to be honest!

Never rode a 29er so can’t comment but I find most of them ugly so that’s enough to put me off!!

Someone must like them though as most bikes are going that way now

Rosss
    Free Member

2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Elite. I love it to bits. I ride the usual trail centre light DH sort of stuff. It pedals so well and climbs brilliantly. Mine has the brain which is a fantastic XC shock however I’ve found that when things get rough and when your doing larger jumps and riding faster I feel that it can’t cope. It feels rough and unresponsive however does exactly what it’s meant to on smaller stuff and smoother natural terrain. I looked at changing the shock to the rp23 from a evo which I feel would make the bike like a mini dh bike. Just my input anyway.

renton
    Free Member

@rosss are you sure it’s set up right as the brain is meant to be quite a good system when set up correctly?

Saying that i’ve not rode mine enough to see if it suffers the same as yours?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Strangely I have found in the past that the people who ask the most questions about the bike they are thinking of buying seem to be the ones who invariably end up buying the wrong one .
    As ever narrow it down and try to ride before you buy , certainly try a 29er , many people have and would never go back .

Rosss
    Free Member

Renton, i’m not tuning expert but i’ve had to bike a year and not found a sweet spot yet. I’m not saying it’s awful just feels harsh when compared to my mates remedy and zesty.

renton
    Free Member

Rosss fair one, I’ve not rode mine much yet so haven’t played around with the shock much but will give it a chance.

My other three stumpys had normal shocks so will have a good comparison!

tdgraham
    Free Member

The stump jumpers are saying march but that’s the first load about 6 into the uk according to the specialized dealer website that’s the carbon on top end one at 4 grand

Tracey

Picking up Kevins S Works Carbon frame on the way to Scotland on Saturday. Think we have enough parts in the garage to build it up. Just not sure about the Lyriks. Might have to do a swap on Abigales bike for her Revelations

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘2013 Specialized stuntjumper fsr’ is closed to new replies.