Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • 2013 Specialized stuntjumper fsr
  • nickyg1987
    Free Member

Hi all, just new to the forum. I started mtb riding last May on a Giant Revel 1!! I’m now looking for a full suspension bike and something I can have more fun with! I’ve been looking at the stuntjumper fsr and was wondering has anyone got one or give me and advice on it please?? Im not sure to go for 26 or 29, etc?? Any help would be great!!

Nicky

orangeboy
    Free Member

Apart from the evo which has a longer fork and slacker angles ( makes it decent better but climb worse)
    All the normal stumpys are 29 for 2013

Should still find a good deal on 2012 if you hunt round
    Best just to find a shop with one to test ride

allthepies
    Free Member

Stumpjumper innit, unless you’re talking about a Chinese knockoff version.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Had a stumjumper good bike but just bought a bandit, totally a better bike, imo!

nickyg1987
    Free Member

Yes sorry stumpjumper I’m talking about!! I thought they were suppose to be good at climbing??

orangeboy
    Free Member

Ok I should have typed stumpy evo is still 26 and slacker than normal stumpy

Yes a normal stumpy does go up hill well ,
    This might make more sence after looking at the current range

Spesh do “evo” versions of several of there bikes

grum
    Free Member

Carbon stumpy evo is currently my dream bike. Can’t justify it though.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I had the older red alloy expert. Do regret selling it very much
    New one looks even better in flesh

Northwind

grum – Member

Carbon stumpy evo is currently my dream bike. Can’t justify it though.

Aye… If I could only have one bike, it’d be that I reckon. The alu one’s ridiculously good.

(though, not as good as my 3 bikes 😉 )

sharkattack

a stumpjumper fsr is an excellent bike. if you find climbing too hard you need a bigger engine because you won’t be any better off on any other 140mm trail bike. i hate climbing but my evo model with a 50mm stem is still tolerable when going up and it’s the best jumping/descending/fun all round mountain bike i’ve ever ridden.
    do they still do cambers? i borrowed a couple of them in 26 and and 29 inch flavours and was very pleasantly surprised. the 29 was a flying machine.

Northwind

I didn’t like my 26er Camber, it felt too short, very front-endy. tbh I couldn’t see any point to it tbh, I didn’t think it was any quicker/better pedalling/more responsive/better climbing than a Stumpy. To be fair that’s partly because the Stumpy’s fantastic.

PS, Specialized Camber Pro frame for sale. It’s great! Other people like them.

JCL
    Free Member

Unless you’re a midget a 29″ Stumpy would be a better all-round bike than a 26″ Evo. I agree to not write off Cambers. With a few tweaks they can be killer.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at a stump Evo 26″ 2013 model and can’t find one.
    I have tried several dealers who have checked with specialized who are quoting spring 2013 before they get any.

Not sure why but there is a long delay at Specialized’s end.

james
    Free Member

guessing long delay because they’re very popular?

matlockmeat
    Free Member

james – Member
    guessing long delay because they’re very popular?
    POSTED 3 HOURS AGO #

Impression I got from dealers is there hasn’t even been a first batch of these bikes yet.
    Unless someone has one to prove otherwise?

nickyg1987
    Free Member

Cheers for all the replys and the great information use supply! Now I can’t decide between the stumpjumper or a zesty??? Any thoughts?

allthepies
    Free Member

Well if something goes wrong with the bike then the Specialized warranty service is very good. I can’t comment about Lapierre, never owned one and don’t read the threads on here about them.

orangeboy
    Free Member

One of the lads on out Monday night ride was showing off his new stumpy carbon evo
    Said it arrived at his lbs a week or so ago

adstick
    Free Member

I don’t know if I’m allowed to do this on the forum but…

We have two carbon Evos in stock a medium and a large. We’re in Brighton. 01273 697617 🙂

nickyg1987
    Free Member

I’m in Northern Ireland!! Tho I need a test bike if use wanna send me over one?? 😛

grum
    Free Member

Medium please Adam. Will £4.73 cover it? 🙂

NormalMan

Just another point on the Camber. For 2013 the Camber goes 29er only.
    It also means there are some good 2012 bargains around. I have the Expert version which is the only 26er to get the M5 frame.

adstick
    Free Member

Damn! FWIW you’re very unlikely to get a test ride on a Stumpy Evo. I don’t know how many Spec have brought over this year, but last year there were about 20 and they sold out very fast. They only offer the standard Stumpys as test bikes…

However I can thoroughly recommend the bike.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

I’m only referring to the stumpy Evo which is the £2500 alloy one.
    Sounds like the carbon ones have arrived but alloy ones delayed.

Kuco

That Evo is nice but £4000

colin27
    Free Member

I highly doubt anyone will find a demo Stumpy Evo soon – they are far too popular. Speaking of which, some alloy and carbon here, very nice in the flesh, as well as a couple of standard stumpy’s.

gb1m
    Free Member

I’ve got an evo carbon myself and its amazing, best bike I’ve ever ridden. It weighs under 28lbs and performs like a dh bike on the downs what more could you want.

One of the lads at lbs has the alloy version so a few must have arrived.

nickyg1987
    Free Member

Right I’ve decided in going for a stumpjumper!! 😀 but now I don’t know if I should go for a 26 or 29??? I have a 26 hard tail!! What your opinions on this??

gb1m
    Free Member

For me 26 because I think 29inch bikes look goping, but each to there own.

tinman66
    Free Member

There’s certainly some 2013s in the country, I’ve got my 2013 Stumpy Evo Carbon and it’s awesome, had it about 3-4 weeks now.

nickyg1987
    Free Member

Cheers fella’s!! Going to go for the evo!! Tinmann66 do you think it is worth the extra money for the carbon??

tinman66
    Free Member

Sorry got caught up in festive cheer last night 😀

For me the carbon is definitely worth the extra.

Apart from the fact I’m a tart, I wanted a bike I could do everything on including long rides, lots of climbing. The lighter weight just means I can do that more easily than on the alu version. Its pretty much a do anything bike with the CTD/Talas Shock and fork I can lock it out and it pedals pretty well and is relatively light. Drop the seat, point it down hill and it takes everything I’ll ever throw at it.

Never had the opportunity to feel the weight of Alu and carbon Stumpy side by side but its certainly considerably lighter than my mates Spicy 516 with a very similar spec.

Have to say though without a very hand PPI payout I may well have had to go for the alu as the carbon is a lot more.

wurzelcube
    Free Member

You won’t regret going for the Stumpjumper, I have a 26″ Alu Comp (not EVO) and I love it.

Carbon vs Alu I guess is a simple question of how much do you want to spend? My Alu was about 28lbs before I fitted a droppy seat post and wheels that weren’t made out of cheese.

There are a few 2012 SJs popping up in the sales – guess it depends if you want the latest and greatest or want to save a few quid! (I’m assuming if you are considering the carbon version budget isn’t a problem!)

nickyg1987
    Free Member

Cheers fellas for the help!! I’m thinking the carbon 26 model is what I’m going to go for!! Just want to be sure!!

nickyg1987
    Free Member

Buying a 29er is like buying a people carrier. They have obvious advantages over a car, but maybe aren’t as much fun to drive.

The above was mentioned in another thread, what would your thoughts be on this??

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I can only fit one person on my 29er

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

personally on a bike its only you that’s going be able to tell if the bigger wheels make it more fun. There’s a counter argument to everything.

Is a 29er less fun because it rolls over braking bumps for example?

Your in a lucky situation where the bike you want comes in both sizes.

grum
    Free Member

For me 26 because I think 29inch bikes look goping, but each to there own.

Not all of them but the stumpy 29er is particularly ugly IMO.

nickyg1987
    Free Member

But I might not be able to get hold of the 29 er to try before I buy so that’s why I’m asking all these questions because I do t want to purchase the wrong one

tinman66
    Free Member

I had the same issue, couldn’t find any Evos to have a go on prior to buying. Eventually tracked down a shop whose mechanic had a 2012 Evo 26 in large that I could go and have a look at. Based on the fact I definitely couldn’t find a 29er to sit on and I wasn’t willing to spend that much money without at least trying a 29er first I went 26.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘2013 Specialized stuntjumper fsr’ is closed to new replies.