Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 2011 Kielder 100 entry & accommodation questions
  • ace_sparky
    Free Member

Just checked the Kielder 100 site and they are already taking entries for the race in September 2011, and it looks like there are a quite a number of entries already so I’m guessing it will be full up long before the closing date in August.

I’m planning on entering this but as it far to early to plan that far ahead with regards to work and family life, would I be able to sell or transfer my entry if I were unable to attend? Don’t fancy wasting £50! Also I’m planning on booking some accommodation at the Kielder YHA as it looks like a good option, has anyone stayed there before? I’d be interested to hear your views.

Cheers

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Am sure they allowed transfers until pretty close to the event.

Drac

Yes you can transfer and receive a refund, it fills up fast and has been open a good few weeks. It’s a cracking event so go on get entered.

gothandy

I’m looking for accommodation too, my first Kielder 100 … anyone had any good/bad experiences?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Kielder campsite was fine this year, plenty of space, and everyone in it was racing so no noisy parties the night before.

Diane
    Free Member

Apart from being totally midge infested ?

offthebrakes
    Free Member

If you want to avoid midges, don’t do the event 😀

Shred
    Free Member

I stayed in the kielder campsite. Book early as this does fill up quick (although I did book early and when I got there they had lost my booking). This year I have already booked in the YHA.

jonb
    Free Member

I entered weeks ago! Last year I stayed on he campsite, it was fine. I wasn’t hanging around outside much as I was up at 5am so in bed early. It was v. cheap IIRC.

The start line and first hour were the worst times for midges. Take plenty of repellent with you.

It will fill up fast, last year it had pretty much filled up by spring and it seems to get more popular every year. If you wait until you think you are ready it will be sold out. Having your entry now is incentive to ride more over winter.

miketually
    Free Member

Book early as this does fill up quick

I booked camping on the Tuesday before the event and got into the overflow of the overflow. This was actually about as close as it was possible to get to the start and finish line.

YHA is really good, and it means you get showers and away from the dreaded midge.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I booked 2 weeks before the event (and that was a campervan space. I actually didn’t mind the midges.. Kept me going on the bike

daveb
    Free Member

Didnt realise the entries were open. I did it this year and thought it was excellent, well worth the entry fee. Will enter again for next years.

wenanwhere
    Free Member

I was in the overflow camping which was fine, pretty flat field and they provided water. I just went across to the kielder campsite for a shower.

I’m treating myself to the night before at the pheasant this year though as I’ll need the sleep with the challenge thats planned, kayaking the lake then running the kielder marathon straight after the K100!

ace_sparky
    Free Member

Checked the Kielder YHA last night for availability and it was fine, just went to book it tonight and now it’s full 😯

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Campsite. Very local. Showers. All you need.

And for 2011 I’ll be bringing a flame-thrower for midges, with a tactical thermo-nuclear device for backup.

Kahurangi

And for 2011 I’ll be bringing a flame-thrower for midges, with a tactical thermo-nuclear device for backup

It won’t be enough. There’ll always be more.

miketually
    Free Member

There’s a plan for the midges next year, I believe.

warton
    Free Member

hmm, I can’t make up my mind wether or not to enter. did it in year 1, pulled out at 65 miles, but loved it. didn’t do it mast year due to moving house, not that into entering it next year, so maybe I won’t

miketually
    Free Member

It was even better in 2010 than in 2009…

I’m entering for 2011 again.

Ringo
    Free Member

Anyone done it SS ?

duncanw
    Free Member

If anyone or two people are looking for accomodation I have an executive lodge booked at Keilder Water & Forest park with one other guy sharing. We will be up with other riders staying on the park and you are very close to the start. We are staying only the friday and saturday but the lodge is booked for 3 nights. Contact me by email me on duncan@horizonconstruction.co.uk

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘2011 Kielder 100 entry & accommodation questions’ is closed to new replies.