Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2010 Paris Roubaix 😆
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Took the advantage of screenings of past races on YouTube this morning. Picked PR 2010 and settled down for a good watch.
    Flipping hilarious watching Cancellara’s random bike change then seated decisive attack. In hindsight the presence of a motor is so obvious. Listening to the commentators amazement at his abilities is priceless.
    What a **** though. I never paid much heed to the rumours and always liked watching the guy. But now I think I’d openly laugh in his face if I saw him. (Actually I’m far too polite for that, but I’d like to)

13thfloormonk

Ha, just watched both clips again and the Italian motor video. Hard to believe both accelerations, but then, I struggle to believe Mathieu van der Poel’s dominance also.

But then, I figure cheating exists, it adds an extra dimension of drama, so I take things at face value and enjoy the controversy after! 😁

brads
    Free Member

VdP must be scrutinised up the kazzoo though surely?.

w00dster

I don’t think Cancellera had a motor. I’ve been watching live cycling for a long time, it wasn’t any more impressive than what I’ve seen from most of the Belgians and Dutch over the years. One of my favourite riders, Phillips Gilbert has done similar, even Froome in the Giro in 2018, actually thinking about it, at some point in a race lots of similar events occur. (Even Andy Schleck has done it, and Indurain destroyed the field in the 90s in similar fashion.
    I’m not saying he was clean, I just don’t think he had a motor. I’ve seen a lot of those videos (from the makers of the motors) and I’m not convinced.
    I also don’t think it would have been possible to have a motor and the team not be aware. I could well be wrong, but be interested to understand the team dynamics of how he could have gotten away with having a motor.
    A really good watch is Lantern Rouge looking at Bjarne Riis “mutant climbing”, that wasn’t massively uncommon back in those days.

Garry_Lager

I can’t believe the motor. If that makes me a guillable naif then do be it.
    Despite doping being endemic the athletes still have to live with themselves. Justifications like Literally everyone is doing it, or I’ll let the team down / lose my job if I don’t, provide a way of doing that. A motorised bike does not istm and is just wildly on another level.

paton
    Free Member

reggiegasket
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2010 Paris Roubaix 😆’ is closed to new replies.