Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 2008 Stumpjumper Vs 2012 Camber
  • murf
    Free Member

Hi all, thinking out loud here!

I’ve been offered a 2012 Camber Elite for £650, from googling it appears to be a fine handling all rounder.
    I currently have a 96 Kona Cinder Cone (bought new and never to be sold!)as well as my 08 Stumpjumper FSR Expert. I bought the Stumpy new and it’s been a great bike however I never seemed to be able to get the rear shock set up to be both supple and have little pedal bob. I finally switched to a Fox RPL and it feels much more plush however the pedal bob is still present unless i lock it out for climbing which is starting to get a but tedious!

So, should i put the brain shock back on the rear and persist with trying to set it up with a new found enthusiasm or split my stumpy for parts and get a camber. Is the Camber more efficient from a pedalling point of view? I noted they changed the linkage and shock location in 2010 on the Stumpy.

Anyone have experience with both bikes? How do they compare? I’ve been mostly riding my Kona for months as the pedal bob is really annoying me!

bol

I had a 2008 stumpy fsr expert, and found that the shock was very sensitive to air pressure. I got on with it pretty well once I had it set up right. I have ridden a Camber 29er, which I rather liked – albeit only a short ride.

Might be nice to replace your bike, and £650 sounds like a good deal, but the standard of the kit on the 2008 stumpy was far better than a 2012 camber IIRC. Fox 120RLCs, SRAM X0 etc.

Sorry, probably haven’t helped much.

murf
    Free Member

I’d be tempted to swap my fox forks onto the camber if I bought it as your right, the standard of kit on the stumpy is much higher and I have looked after it well. Seemed no matter how much I faffed with the future shock I could never get it perfect.
    Still no further deciding, might well buy it just to find out, can always punt it if I prefer the stumpy. Just don’t want to buy a bike the same as the one I have already!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘2008 Stumpjumper Vs 2012 Camber’ is closed to new replies.