Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • 2 stolen bikes in Sheffield
  • sharkattack

Someone just ripped my garage door off in Heeley, Sheffield and disappeared on my only bikes.

A Geometron G16 and a Transition PBJ. Both custom builds, both very easy to spot if you know what you’re looking at.

This literally just happened so my brain is a bit fried.

duncancallum

That’s epically shit.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Oh no,. and you had just got that EXT shock as well. Absolute dirtbags.

🙁

bikerevivesheffield

I’ll post it on @bikerevive social media

tuboflard

Really sorry to hear @sharkattack, I’m reasonably local to you (Totley) so will keep an eye out. I f#€king hate bike thieves.

cb200
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, gutted for you. Keeping an eye out a bit further South

NormalMan

Truly feel your pain.

Just over 2 years ago I had 8 bikes (mine and my families) plus all my bike tools, spares and kit stolen. Thank be never really recovered from it tbh.

I hope by yours are recovered quickly and STW can make them too hot to handle.

davros

Utter bastards. I’ll keep an eye out in sharrow. A geometron would certainly be easily spotted.

sharkattack

What an absolutely shitty week we’ve had. We’ve got an 11 week old boy who came down with a virus and was rushed into A&E on Sunday. He’s been in hospital under observation since then. Last night was our first night all back together in the house and we were passed out in bed by 10pm.

Then I heard a loud clattering noise just after 2am and a few seconds later the alarm went off. By the time I got downstairs it was all over.

We’ve got some grainy CCTV footage and one eye witness. It was 3 lads in a white Fiesta ST. I don’t know if they knew about the bikes or if they came looking for car keys to add another ST to their collection.

Still waiting for the police to show up and then I have to figure out how to barricade a broken garage door.

I’d normally be super raging but I don’t even have the energy. We’re insured and I just hope they don’t come back. I also hope they die in a house fire but I’ll settle for never having my home invaded again.

I’m gutted about the Geometron. I’ve had it 4 years and I was hoping to get at least another 4 out of it.

bikerevivesheffield

Main things are that the baby and your family are safe. They are irreplaceable 👍

I’ll keep an eye out on s10 too.

bikerevivesheffield

Also 3 lads and 2 bikes in a fiesta – TARDIS car

sharkattack

Main things are that the baby and your family are safe. They are irreplaceable 👍

Yeah that’s it. At least they disappeared and didn’t come upstairs.

Also 3 lads and 2 bikes in a fiesta – TARDIS car

Apparently one of them rode off on the G16 and the PBJ was thrown in the boot. Bloody Geometron does not fit in any hatchback, I could have told them that!

bikerevivesheffield

Need to start a “what car for a thieving bastard” thread

bikerevivesheffield

And congratulations on the new arrival, if anyone tried you it gets easier and less tiring, they are talking shite! 2 lads under 3 here and permatired!

chiefgrooveguru

So sorry to hear that. What total bastards.

a11y

That’s shit. They’ll struggle to move on a Geometron, especially a painted one. I had a few searches set up when I was shopping for one recently – I’ll reactivate the alerts on them and keep a look out.

sharkattack

CSI have just left the scene. He got some very clear pictures of some surprisingly complete finger prints. There’s loads of hand prints all along the bottom edge where they’ve pried it open and lifted it.

You’d think lesson number one of burglar school would be ‘always wear gloves’ and lesson number two would be ‘always, always wear gloves’.

There’s loads of cameras in the street so just hoping someone has a more clear picture of the car.

I’ve been awake since it happened and I’m absolutely shattered. Loads of people on Facebook have shared the pictures locally so thanks if you’re on here.

stcolin
    Free Member

I’ve been awake since it happened and I’m absolutely shattered

When I got my bike stolen 5 years ago I didn’t sleep for 48 hours.

Hopefully you get a good outcome from this.

sharkattack

Apparently 3 lads in a white car have been on a bit of a rampage last night. Loads of reports of cars being messed with. I’m convinced they came for our car because no one knows the bikes are there. I think they were startled by the alarm the bikes were a bonus.

oikeith

Sorry to hear about the theft OP, hopefully they are retrieved.

Was the virus your 11 week old had RSV by any chance? Our son suffers from bronchitis and had his 4th visit to hospital last week with RSV as it dropped into his chest bringing on virus induced wheezing

jamj1974

**** arseholes.

sharkattack

Was the virus your 11 week old had RSV by any chance?

Not sure, they didn’t put a name on it. He was on antibiotics within minutes of arriving and the next day he was back to normal. Whatever it was cleared up and all the tests came back negative eventually.

It was bloody scary though. He was clearly ill and in lots of pain and it happened so fast. When you get there they just take them away and start working on them immediately, it seems pretty drastic. Then afterwards they explain that they just treat them for everything and worry about results later.

Sorry to hear about your multiple trips. I was gutted having to leave them every evening and knowing the Mrs had to sleep on a crappy chair every night.

So all in all, a pretty emotional week. I just need a few days where absolutely nothing happens.

And… I still don’t know how an EXT Storia feels off road!

JohnnyPanic

Shared Totley.
    Hope they find their way home.
    Arseholes.

bikerevivesheffield

@sharkattack any updates

sharkattack

No not a peep. Just grainy CCTV footage of the action taking place. It’s a bit nerve wracking to watch 5 blokes walking towards your house with the intention of coming inside and doing God knows what. So glad the alarm went off.

But, I’ve still got a bright orange Fiesta ST on the drive and now they know I’ve got a YZ125 in the garage so I feel like they’re guaranteed to come back for another try.

I’m not enjoying it but the effect it’s had on the Mrs is pretty depressing to see. She was crying at bed time yesterday and she’s peeping out the windows at every sound.

bikerevivesheffield

Bold choice of car 🧐 maybe time to get a beaten up megane!!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘2 stolen bikes in Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.