• This topic has 35 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Rio.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • 1st ANNUAL STW INTERNATIONAL MODEL SHOW
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Don’t forget Red Arrows fly past at 11:00! Weather looking favourable.

Let’s see those finished models then…

Drac

Flypast where?

Harry_the_Spider

Indoor if raining.

Anyway, here are some of mine. Posting early because I’m going for a bike ride.

Italeri 1:72 Su 35 Full Back

Airfix 1:72 Spitfire

Revell 1:72 Dambuster

Airfix 1:76 Panzer

SMER 1:72 Tempest V

Hasegawa 1:72 F-8E Crusader

bear-uk
    Free Member

Impressive

Kryton57

I misunderstood the thread title, I now need to delete 50 provocative pictures of me in nothing but a pair of bib shorts from my phone.

martinhutch

The thread should have been called ‘Humbrol-bragging’.

Some lovely models here.

timbog160

Here’s some of my FW190 D-9 (Dora 9). Used for airfield defence for the Me262’s of JV44. The 262’s were very vulnerable at low speed so the 190’s would provide cover on take-off and landing. The stripes were so that Luftwaffe AA crews would not fire on them. The skies were so full of allied aircraft at the end of the war that they would often simply fire at anything that moved!

timbog160

Some more 190 images. This one is an A7 from recollection, but it was a few years ago. The pilot was from Cologne, hence the motto ‘Cologne forever’ (or something like that!)..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Okay, so it is not an airplane but…

perchypanther
    Free Member

‘Humbrol-bragging’.

Magnificent 🤣

Drac

Wow! Timbog they’re good.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Loving the Fw190. Not seen those pics before.

Cougar

👏👏👏

timbog160

Thanks – the D9 in particular took a very long time – well over a year on and off! Model making has been curtailed recently by kids, work, Land Rovers and very occasionally mountain bikes 😂

johndrummer
    Free Member

Tamiya 1/48 T-55:

View post on imgur.com

Tamiya 1/12 Kawasaki Ninja:

View post on imgur.com

Tamiya 1/12 Honda CB750F:

View post on imgur.com

Another Tamiya, 1/48 Spitfire mkI:

View post on imgur.com

And another: 1/24 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing:

View post on imgur.com

Revell 1/48 Stearman PT-36 Kaydett:

View post on imgur.com

A rarity, r/h drive car model – VW Beetle cabriolet in 1/24 by Revell:

View post on imgur.com

AMT 1/24 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air:

View post on imgur.com

Airfix 1/48 Boulton Paul Defiant:

View post on imgur.com

Tamiya 1/35 US 2.5t 6×6 truck:

View post on imgur.com

A 1/35 M4 Sherman, I forget what brand – probably Tamiya:

View post on imgur.com

matt_outandabout

Not mine, it’s not finished.

My son’s entry.

twonks

Awesome work.

For me (who has no real interest in model making), the CB750F is ‘winning’ purely from a real life like scale model and finish.

It looks so good that it could be a real one and looking at the kit and various pictures of others, it seems to all be in the paint and detail work. This is where I’d lose patience, as I like building things but can’t paint for toffee so would ruin it at that point.

beaker

Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane Mk2
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/C5Ctgb]All Photos-211[/url] by A A, on Flickr" alt="Hurricane " />

Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk2a
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2ivFJUG]Untitled[/url] by A A, on Flickr" alt="Spitfire" />

spursn17
    Free Member

Eduard 1/48 Albatros DV.

The kit was 25 years old and was a swine to make, I’m glad I persevered though as I’m quite pleased with it now. The kit came with a white metal engine, 2 sheets of photo-etch, and a clear sheet with a screen and a parts for the instruments. The only thing I added was EZ-Line for the rigging, a real wooden prop (home made), and some wire for the engine to radiator pipe. It was brush painted with Vallejo Model colour, with a final coat of Alclad matt clear. It’s a very small aircraft compared to my other 1/48 models!

spursn17
    Free Member

Bravo! 😂

I really like the Dora, I’ve got one in my ‘to do’ pile and looking at that one makes me want to start it!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

An ancient Monogram F4J. Shouldv’e been the Showtime one but I couldn’t find the decals. It’s been in the stash for about 30 years. It’s not finished as the canopy’s loose, I’ll do it tonight.

126454166_5169344519749875_2812848951811728711_n

126940666_858465698027437_8971384863073587633_n

johndrummer
    Free Member

Lovely Albatross. I don’t really have patience for rigging biplanes, so that PT-36 is a bit of a rarity in my collection

Here’s a few more.
    Italeri 1/24 Scania Blue Shark:

View post on imgur.com

MiniArt T-54B in 1/35:

View post on imgur.com

BSG Raptor in 1/32 by Moebius:

View post on imgur.com

M113ACAV by Tamiya, 1/35:

View post on imgur.com

VW Campervan, 1/24, Revell:

View post on imgur.com

1/72 Revell Me262 night fighter:

View post on imgur.com

1/35 M18 Hellcat by Academy:

View post on imgur.com

More rigging – 1/100 USS Constitution by Revell. I hated this ship by the end:

View post on imgur.com

And finally, another Tamiya 1/12 bike – Yamaha Virago this time:

View post on imgur.com

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m not into military stuff so the ship and the Honda have my voted, with a special prize for the Scania.

I dabble in the odd 1/24 plastic kit-

A replica of my mum’s Golf CL

A Renault 8 Gordini

My true modelling love is railways in tiny 1/148 scale though-

High Peak Junction, a 900x500mm shunting layout set in the late thirties-

Newtonmore, a bigger layout that changes era-

[/url]

spursn17
    Free Member

@johndrummer thanks, the rigging gets easier once you start. I like your ship, I’ve never attempted a sailing ship, I quite fancy having a go at one.

@esselgruntfuttock
    that F4J is nice, I’m halfway through a Revell/Monogram F105D and the detail is better than I expected once I cut all the flash off!

This is the rest of my stuff that has put in an appearance in the past. The Albatros is next to my current F105D build to show the size comparison.

Rio

Despite the lockdown I haven’t managed to start on anything new over the summer but so as not to miss out I took some new pictures of the planes I’ve shown on here  before.

The much unloved and now extinct Armstrong Whitworth FK8 (CSM 1:48):

Armstron Whitworth FK8

Bristol F2B fighter in post WW1 Middle Eastern guise (WnW 1:32, now a rarity as WnW was an early Covid victim – fortunately I have a now-appreciating unopened box in my stash):

F2B

And on its propeller hub, from which I colour-matched the laminations in the model (yes, sometimes I have too much time on my hands):

And my current project, restoration of a 1:72 f2b after a dusting accident. We’ve all been there😕.

timbog160

@munrobiker some very evocative shots there – especially like the 30’s ones. My older brother spent many hours building mountains of alpine proportions from modrock and chicken wire. But he rarely thought about access and there would inevitably be a horrific derailment halfway through the tunnel 😀

lightfighter762
    Free Member

Amazing thread.

panzerjager
    Free Member

Hopefully these work… Flakpanzer 38 is scratch built on a Tamiya Marder III hull,
    The Maultier is a stock kit from Zvezda.

The Flakpanzer before painting, sand coloured bits are kit, white & brass bits are scratch, apart from the mesh & the turned barrel.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Wow, impressive work Rio. Love the Bristol Fighter. Also, I didn’t know WnW had bitten the dust. Not that I could ever afford their kits but they did some great WW1 stuff.

panzerjager
    Free Member

Some cracking work from everyone, those railway diorama pics look awesome!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

This thread’s better than traipsing down to Telford! (almost)

johndrummer
    Free Member

I do like N-scale railways – I have a few locos, some rolling stock and buildings but I haven’t got round to building a layout yet. Not sure where it would live. I’m doing late-steam/ early diesel BR, 1960s, Midland region

munrobiker
    Free Member

Johndrummer- the thirties layout is tiny. It’d fit behind a sofa or armchair nicely. That’s the joy of working in that scale.

munrobiker
    Free Member

@Coyote when are the raffle winners being announced?

timbog160

Wow that Marder is stunning! Lots of great work all round though. I actually don’t have anything on the go at the moment, so I’m quite tempted to break something out of the stash..

Rio

After much fighting this afternoon with tripods, lighting arrangements, cardboard sheets and dusting brushes can I say I’m very impressed not just by the models but also by some of the photography on here. Photographing scale models is one of those things that doesn’t seem hard until you try it!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘1st ANNUAL STW INTERNATIONAL MODEL SHOW’ is closed to new replies.