Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • -1deg Slackset required… Where from?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Looking for a -1deg slackset for a mates new build at the moment, it’s a ZS44 top cup and ZS56 bottom, head tube is 115mm long, tapered steerer. As far as I can make out, that means for a slackset it will need to go to an external top cup which isn’t a problem. Anyway…

Where to get one from? Works Components don’t seem to have anything in stock, Superstar only have -2deg and not in the correct headtube length, I’m aware of the Cane “Creak” one but it’s bloody expensive and well, known to be creaky!

Anyone got any ideas?

BearBack
    Free Member

Same boat here, looking for a -1.5 ec44/zs56

johnw1984
    Free Member

I was going to suggest Works, but didn’t realise the one you needed was out of stock. I’d ask about the lead time first. You never know, they might have some due anytime?

I went full balls out of the bath and installed a -2 deg. on my Spider. Giving it a try tomorrow to see how it feels.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I went Works with mine and was very impressed. They were helpful and responsive when I contacted them so as above, prob worth dropping them a line to see what the wait is like…

arogers
    Free Member

If it’s any use to anyone, I have one of these still in the box it came in:

1.0 Degree EC44 – ZS56 – To Suit Tapered Steerer Tube Forks – Headtube Length:Set 4 120-129mm

Happy to sell it to anyone who wants it for the price I paid.

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers but 10mm too long arogers! Bugger!

chakaping
    Free Member

I contacted Works about swapping a slackset to a bike with 10mm longer HT and he said it’s no problem at all, the tolerances allow much more than that in reality.

And it was totally fine.

Do check with him yourself though.

BearBack
    Free Member

black friday but no boxing day sale at Works 🙁

mudfish

Works
    Worth waiting.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘-1deg Slackset required… Where from?’ is closed to new replies.