Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • 130mm trail bike shortlist
  • kenburg
    Free Member

Great, just seen the YT Jeffsy  29 AL Comp. Because I needed to add another bike to the Shortlist…

kenburg
    Free Member

Great, just seen the YT Jeffsy  29 AL Comp. Because I needed to add another bike to the Shortlist…

Or the 27.5…

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Wheelbase have £500 off the t130 till the end of january.not on there website but in-store.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Another vote for the T-130s.

My wife bought me one, and its ace.

Tweaked a few things, but nothing major, but boxfresh, it was ( is) spotty dog IMHO.

kenburg
    Free Member

£500 off the 2018 model?! I’m interested!

iainc

I rode a T130 as a demo, and bought an Anthem. For me the Giant is lighter, faster, just as capable, a tiny bit shorter, and most importantly more fun, both up and down.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Yeah £500 off 2018 model it’s a spend and save type offer the more you spend the more you save.

sb
    Free Member

I’ve a Cotic flare frame I’ve just put up for sale in case you’re interested…..

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/matt-orange-cotic-flare-frame-parts/

asbrooks

I’ve been watching this thread with interest as I’m in a similar situation.

I’ve kind of narrowed my search to either a Whtye T130 or a Bird Aeris 120. Neither of which I’m likely to demo. Living in Leicester, we are short of good stockists.

joebristol

I think if those were my requirements I’d be rear riding he Whyte T130, the Transition scout and the Bird Aeris 120.

A guy we ride with has the Scout and he came from a cross country / road sort of background I think – he’s really enjoyed the Scout and it looks lovely.

I see millions of T130’s and everyone riding them loves them – they must be good and it’s a nice British company.

Im slightly biased with the Bird as I have an Aeris 145 and love it – not ridden a 120 but it’s slightly less slack so may well do the job for you.

Random suggestion – try a Kona Process 134 as well perhaps. A mate has a 2014 one and he loves it. Compared to my 145 it’s less stable at speed but on a lot of trails it’s very lively and poppy. He likes cross country stuff, but it’s really brought his riding skills on and he’s done a few uplift days with us on it and it does pretty well.

rOcKeTdOg

Trek fuel EX8. feels like more than 130mm

kenburg
    Free Member

Quick update: I plumped for the Whyte T130s in the end. I asked the LBS to swap out the grotesque pale blue grips for something less offensive, set the tyres up tubeless and got a pair of DMR Vaults bolted on. I picked it up last week, gave it a quick whizz round the blue in the FoD (and a squirt down Launchpad while I was there) and then slogged round the mudfest that are my local trails on Friday. I’m really happy with it! I’ve tweaked the suspension a little and made all the little adjustments you need to get everything to feel just so. Just need to spend more time on it now!

facian
    Free Member

Looks great! Although i’d probably change the orange stem front cap as well, it’s a bit of a strange orange compared to the other bits on the bike.

I demo’d one and loved it, but went for a 5010 instead just as a heart-over-head purchase. Both great bikes though, and the spec on the Whyte is really good for the price.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘130mm trail bike shortlist’ is closed to new replies.