Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • £13+ handling charge. Parcelforce are taking the pee
  • guitarhero
    Free Member

My light-bicycle carbon rims have arrived, and they’re very nice indeed, BUT, the robbing barstewards that are Parcelforce, have sunk their greedy claws into the transaction. £13.50 .That’s more than the VAT !!!
    How can that be justified?

Houns

Gotta pay the eBay fees somehow

luffy105
    Free Member

Administration charge. All couriers do it. Quite often with things I buy from abroad the admin charge is higher than the VAT but you just have to accept it unfortunately

z1ppy

can I ask what’d you buy & how much overall GH?

but yeah Parcelfarce are thieving barstewards, you payed for couriering, so why are made to pay again?

ska-49
    Free Member

Lucky! They charged me £23.40 for LB rims..

guitarhero
    Free Member

Last time I bought something from the States the “administration charge” was a fiver.

trail_rat
    Free Member

more curiously – your given no other options – they just slap it on…. its not like you can say – prepay the vat on the item (you can when you ship commercially via Drop it hide it lose it)

how ever most folk on here would still take the chance of not having to pay it at all and suck up the 13 quid charge.

cp

but yeah Parcelfarce are thieving barstewards, you payed for couriering, so why are made to pay again?

No, you didn’t pay them for couriering, the supplier payed them for couriering. They didn’t pay them for handling the import duty and tax payment on your behalf and will have stated that in the purchase terms you signed up to when buying.

Seems a reasonable charge to me – there will be a fair amount of admin involved.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Aye, it’s not just PF and is common on international shipments.

z1ppy

How can you say that CP? When I have bill for product and P&P specified separately… how is that not paying for the couriering? PF take the piss

guitarhero
    Free Member

z1ppy, it’s a pair of “New 26er 33mm enduro AM, etc” rims.
    Total about £300 now.
    Should be an upfront one off payment to cover, shipping, duty, admin, etc
    Notice that some US items on eBay are now offering this .

weeksy

1ppy – Member

How can you say that CP? When I have bill for product and P&P specified separately… how is that not paying for the couriering? PF take the piss

So once it leaves customs, who should bring to you ? who should sort out the customs charges ? where should they store the goods ? How should they let you know they have goods ?

Should they do all that for free ?

Drac

When I have bill for product and P&P specified separately… how is that not paying for the couriering? PF take the piss

Ok.

You paid P+P but didn’t pay the handling fee that all couriers will charge you for imports if they spot it, part of the cost of buying outside the EU.

guitarhero
    Free Member

I always presumed the UK forwarder got paid by the international courier, either by some reciprocal agreement, or on an individual basis.

Sandwich

I have successfully argued with UPS that the fee is not part of any contract with me in the past. The contract is with the supplier and there was no contract between me and UPS.
    £15 of fees gone in a flash, levied on £25 of software on DVD!

Something to do with a party to an agreement being unable to sign you up to contract with a third party.

Northwind

What peeves me is when duties are claimed in error- there’s an appeals process but even if you manage to appeal the duties, you can’t reclaim the handling fee 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘£13+ handling charge. Parcelforce are taking the pee’ is closed to new replies.