Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 12 X 135 stealth rear axle – does it exist?
  • Potdog
    Free Member

The old Maxle rear axle has finally cracked and I need to replace it. I’m thinking it doesn’t really need to be quick release so a “stealth” version would be fine and probably last longer. But I can’t seem to find one, can find ones for 142mm and 148mm rears, but cannot seem to find one for an older 135mm rear end. Has anyone stumbled upon one of these anywhere?

Poopscoop

Have you checked Brand X mate, on crc?

geex
    Free Member

Yeah. Brand X ones are decent and reasonably priced. Just fitted one to replace a broken twisty lever OEM one that broke off

nickdavies

Superstar used to do one too. Im sure ive got one knocking about somewhere.

Potdog
    Free Member

I did look on CRC at the Brand X ones, but seemed to be for 142mm and above.

TheGingerOne

Mt Zoom brand on xc racer should be one for around £30

Rubber_Buccaneer

Brand X are the best VFM I could find

seemed to be for 142mm

I’ve never had anything 135mm that wasn’t QR or bolted so may I ask a potentially stupid question? Given that it is a through axle wouldn’t 135 or 142 be much the same? Don’t you just need to know the length and thread pitch?

otsdr
    Free Member

A couple available on r2-bike.de (from Shift up and Cruel components), but quite expensive. Wolf Tooth do a 167mm long one, which seems to be the correct length, for less, but can’t find them anywhere else than on their site.

steel4real
    Free Member
    geex
    Free Member

Sorry. 135mm.
    Dartmoor bikes do one

Potdog
    Free Member

Only 12 X 142 and 148 on XC racer. The BETD one seems best price at the moment. Not sure of the head though, can’t see if it’s a hex bolt or you need to put something through the hole and twist, can’t tell from the photo. Might email to ask the question.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘12 X 135 stealth rear axle – does it exist?’ is closed to new replies.