Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 12 speed NW chainring?
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

12 speed chain is a bit narrower than 10 and 11 speed. Isn’t it? How about 12 speed NW chainrings? Do they need to accommodate it somehow or standard, 10speed, not costing silly money chainring will do?

Oh, and it need to be 4 arms bcd 104 or 5 arms bcd 94…

Cheers!

I.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Same as 11sp according to sram site

lawman91

Most (if not any) N/W rings will work, but you can get the proper Sram Eagle rings in 104BCD if you want the “proper” setup.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Internal chain spacing is the same as 11spd. The plates are a touch thinner.

bikemad
    Free Member

Sram will tell you to not use anything else which is rubbish,all the NW 11sp are the same but of course sram eagle ones probably cost more 🙄

As for a bit thinner 12sp is 5.3mm compared to 11sp 5.5mm so sweet FA in it 👍

joebristol

Are the Sram eagle ones steel though? I think my Sram 11 speed chainring is steel – as is the cassette. They’re way over a year old already and only had 1 chain on them. Just put a new chain on and it’s shifting perfectly straight away with no skipping. Wasn’t sure if I’d get away with it or not having left the last chain to wear quite a lot on there but seems I have 😃

SirHC

GX Eagle chain rings are stamped/machined aluminium

X01/XX1 eagle chain rings are full machined.

IMO the eagle rings are much quieter and wear far better than both the previous sram rings and also all the other aftermarket options.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Superstars ‘Raptor’ rings seem to mimic the cut tooth design of Eagle  a bit – resulting in noticeably  quieter engagement . https://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/raptor-chainring-104bcd-narrow-wide.htm

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Cheers!

So that is probably looking hopeful for my Banless Sainless Steel chainrings 🙂

I.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘12 speed NW chainring?’ is closed to new replies.