Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 114 days until Xmas
  • thepurist

September has just begun, we hopefully have a nice mellow autumn to look forward to, those chilly mornings and clear blue skies with the warmth of the sun lifting the temperature by early afternoon. The changing colours of the trees, the autumn harvest of fruit, all of this is yet to come.

So why in the heckety blinking flip has my local Sainsos stacked a shelf with mince pies, Xmas pud, Xmas cake and stollen slices? I’ll eat my fill when the time comes, but not yet – please!

FB-ATB

Because we’ve just had the last bank holiday before xmas- like when crème eggs are in the shops on boxing day and the shops proclaim “back to school” when the summer holiday has only just started.

Poopscoop

C******* can go and f*** off.

I’m not a fan.😁

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

teethgrinder

I’m not a fan.

+1

breadcrumb

I can’t wait, time with the family, tins of chocolates, stout, time off work….

P-Jay
    Free Member

So why in the heckety blinking flip has my local Sainsos stacked a shelf with mince pies, Xmas pud, Xmas cake and stollen slices?

The boring answer is that ‘back to school’ has ended, which is a ball ache if like me you tend to buy stuff the day before you need it, anyway – it’s not worth reorganising thousands of super markets (it’s a huge undertaking) for a few weeks, so you get Pre-Cmas now for about a month, then it’ll be Halloween (which in retail terms has overtaken Easter, what that says about the state of our souls I don’t know) then Cmas ‘proper’ kicks off 1st Nov.

Pre-Cmas used to be just a place holder, somewhere to stick some stock and something to fill up the seasonal isle, but it turned into a real money spinner. Lots of people (data shows it’s Middle Aged Women but we’ll stick with people coz 2020) buy tones of over-priced, over-packaged Cmas crap to ‘stock up’ in Sept, only for it to be consumed and replaced sometimes multiple times between now and December.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m not a fan.

Me either, the one saving grace? The dreaded Office Party is off this year ‘coz Covid’. I’m willing to accept a slight increase in lose of life if they can hold back on the vaccine until it’s just too late to organise*

*this, in case you’re wondering is clearly a joke.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wonder if I’ll get my CRC refund before the end of the year?

johndrummer
    Free Member

Mince pies on sale in Morrison’s too. With a ‘use by’ date in mid-October.

Chances are your local garden centre will now be stocking up on fireworks and Christmas trees/lights.

Regarding the ‘dreaded office Christmas party’…
    You do know it’s optional, right? I’m 55 now, been in work every Christmas since 1987, still haven’t been to one

piemonster

Christ on a bicycle, not bloody Christmas

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I can’t wait, time with the family, tins of chocolates, stout, time off work….

Dude! You should have got that out of your system over lockdown.

Drac

Excellent can’t wait to start scoffing some.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Regarding the ‘dreaded office Christmas party’…
    You do know it’s optional, right?

Yeah… but it’s not completely consequence free to miss it in my place and I’ve never felt I could just say ‘no thanks’.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

Let’s hope for a second wave, so Xmas gets cancelled.

sirromj

Gotta love a bit of Slade. Oh wait no I **** hate Slade.

soobalias
    Free Member

https://www. independent.co.uk/life-style/winter-wonderland-cancelled-2020-coronavirus-a9700731.html

deliberately broken link, but im sure you get my drift

johndrummer
    Free Member

Yeah… but it’s not completely consequence free to miss it in my place and I’ve never felt I could just say ‘no thanks’.

I think you need a new job. Or a new house sufficiently far away that the office party isn’t realistic

devbrix
    Free Member

Let’s hope Santa isn’t a super-spreader

giant_scum
    Free Member

As others not really bothered, the deaths of 2 relations on the previous 2 Christmas Eves have but a dampener on festivities.
    Not looking forward to doing the dreaded Christmas food shop!
    Usually it’s horrendous.
    This year the in store experience might be better, just not looking forward to waiting outside in the cold and wet!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bring it on, love it.

roach

Mmmm, stollen!!!!

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

113 now.

MoreCashThanDash

More than happy to see mince pies and Christmas pudding in the shops, but cards and decorations can **** off till November

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘114 days until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.