Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 10th gen Honda Civic bike carrying choice?
  • klunky
    Free Member

Has anyone owned the newer style Honda Civic and used it for carrying bikes?

I’m looking at one at the moment but not sure it’s suitable.

The middle position of the exhaust seems to stop any tow bar mounted rack being used.

I’m not a fan of racks that mount directly onto the body / paint and it seems this is the only option for roof or boot mounted racks.

Plenty space inside but removing kids seats each time would be a pain and not possible if I’m taking the kids with me!

rossburton
    Free Member

Clean the roof and rack feet well when mounting and you’ll have no marks from them clamping to the roof.

stumpy01

What spec car are you looking at? Isn’t it only the sportier ones (Sport & Type R?) that have the central exhaust pipes?

Also, regarding rood mounted bars – I had some that clamped directly to the roof on my old Ibiza & in 9 years didn’t have any scratches/damage from them.

klunky
    Free Member

The sport and sport + model have the central exhaust.

I’m not precious about the model I just saw one at a rural garage where they seem to have not had the memo about car prices going sky high!

tall_martin

I test  drove the sport and the type r. Both mint! They were almost both brand new and a bit spendy for me at the time so ended up with something else with a lot more miles.

Are you sure you can’t get a roof rack that doesn’t clamp to paint?

Give your local honda dealer a ring and they will get your question answered very quickly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘10th gen Honda Civic bike carrying choice?’ is closed to new replies.