Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • 10@Kirroughtree – Midge sit rep
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Doing the 10, who’s in and, with a warm wet week forecast, is the black plague going to descend on us all?

We’re doing the quad, against one other team currently, should be a good laugh, also what are trails like? We’ve got a couple of roadies on the team do we need to apply bubblewrap to them?

trail_rat
    Free Member

None in Dumfries and Galloway last week at all.- was there all week at kirroughtree twice and camping out. Midges were not an issue. Regular flies were an issue though

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m.about an hour ish north of kirro, we’ve not had midges for weeks. Be reet.

scotroutes

It’ll be like this..

….maybe….

matt_outandabout

Deeside and Caurngorms were as that video last four days – I’ve just had to sweep a full dustpan load from one tent….the green tent had slides of midges off it as they piled up…

Another colleague was savaged in Chatelherault today, but that’s normal for a single male in East Kilbride I gather.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Upper deeside ….

It’s grand down here in lower upper deeside 😉

somafunk

The Midges aren’t that ferocious at the moment but there is an explosion of mosquitos in the Galloway area, 3 of my mates are on a long course of antibiotics due to recently being bitten senseless.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Pray for wind. Will get on the garlic!

kayla1
    Free Member

Tonic’s good as well, isn’t it? Quinine and that. Time to break open the Sapphire, eh, what.

Trekster

A quad you say????? What group??? My trio team were going for a hatrick of age group wins, but!!!!! A group from the lower age group have aged a year and will steal our trophy!!!!! So cunning plan(pot hunters)is to go quad on the ancient category😖🥇

However Friday evening 🍻🥂🍷🥃 May scupper the plan……

PS we will be in the Roller Team motorhome probably making lots of noise post race……

Your roadie mates will require walking shoes for the off-piste sections👌😖😏

Trekster

PPS your roadie mates will need their walking boots and a change of underwear for the off-piste sections…..

Good luck and 😉 enjoy, we do it for fun……

Trekster

Couple of videos here(scroll down)

https://m.facebook.com/thebreakpad

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Team Ballbag. Soon to be crowned second runners up in the quad cat!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Gah! No guaranteed podium, 4 teams in quad. Will have to actually pedal. Bastids!

Trekster

Aye, but 2 in the 40s, 1 mixed and us auld guys including one with 3 stents!!!!

See ya sometime over the weekend before the podiums👍🏻👏😄🍷

Trekster

Right then ..

Seems like us auld guys have been lumped in along with the young bastids along with thestabiliser & co …. Means I’m giving away 25yrs ! ! !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevestunts
    Free Member

That were bloody brilliant.  Fantastic event on a great course.  Big thanks to the organisers, and the weather for playing ball on race day.

Possibly the grimmest I’ve ever felt on a bike, toilet paper in the jersey pocket on my second lap, just in case.

Nice to meet you, Trekster, and allez Team Ballbag.

bruneep

trail_rat wrote

Upper deeside ….

It’s grand down here in lower upper deeside

see even the midges have standards

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sub 50 laps next year stuntso, get on that turbo!

stevestunts
    Free Member

I’ve got on the lager instead, Pete.  Training starts… in the future.

mick_r

Definitely going to do this next year. Me and Mrs tried to do the first (?) one years ago as a singlespeed pair whilst also trying to entertain a pair of toddlers in rain and mud. That didn’t go too well (apart from our first meeting with trail rat and others off here)…..

Kids are now old and fast enough that we can now do it as two pairs (mum and dad will be getting lapped) 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Maywell see you there Mick r. Kirroughtree was always our favourite but we only got 2 weeks notice of this year’s events when we saw it advertised locally when we were riding at kirroughtree. I wasn’t driving down there twice in two weeks it’s a fair drive from Aberdeen.

Trekster

Bunch of auld gits = 172……..

Friday night hydration:::::

Goodd to chat with another STWer, met a few over the years

Trekster

One for the stabiliser and team bawbag….

http://s95.photobucket.com/user/bigjohnskona/slideshow/lakes

mick_r

OK next year is in MrRat!

I did contemplate a last minute entry on Wednesday, but eldest now has a good bike shop Saturday job and would have been pretty peed if we’d gone to Kirri without him.

Trekster

Get bike shop to “sponsor “ you.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Parkamoor action – Nice!

Good to put a face to the log in and interesting that we’ve know the same mtb faces, small world, eh?

Victory was short lived, got my arse handed to me on a hill climb last night!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘10@Kirroughtree – Midge sit rep’ is closed to new replies.