Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 100m breaststroke – fastest men ever (may be spoilers!)
  • aracer
    Free Member

My google foo is failing here. I was wondering just how far ahead Adam Peaty is compared to the fastest anybody else has ever swum. I’ve found that the fastest anybody else had ever swum up to and including 2014 was 58.46, and the fastest anybody else has swum this year is 58.64, but not finding any figures for 2015 or 2016 (apart from Peaty’s records).

simondbarnes

58.49 in 2015, 58.69 in 2016

aracer
    Free Member

Refound my google foo. http://www.fina.org/content/swimming-world-ranking tells me that the previous world record of 58.46 is indeed the fastest anybody other than Peaty has ever swum*. So Peaty just swam* almost a second faster than anybody else ever has.

* isn’t English a wonderful language – that’s as I originally wrote it, but I had to google the grammar to check as it seemed strange using the two different tenses

edit: thanks for the reply

MrPottatoHead

Does that include any expunged records from the banned swimsuits?

simondbarnes

Does that include any expunged records from the banned swimsuits?

Did they actually remove the records? I didn’t think they did.

MrPottatoHead

Looks like you’re right – suits were banned but seems the records stood.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

full natty brah

upload your pictures

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Hes a big ol’ unit is Mr Peaty. Just watched him on the BBC website doing pressups with his coach sitting on his back!!!

fifeandy
    Free Member

I think his biceps may be bigger than my thighs!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘100m breaststroke – fastest men ever (may be spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.